Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
After the wipe with our chars now the next phase of beta will let us keep our toons for release?

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
If there's one thing I don't think I could ever get tired of in this game, it's the soundtrack. Their composers for this are phenomenal. Really hope they at least post SOME Arcanist info soon, so we can all get an idea of what specifically they'll bring to the table.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Is there a website with good information on this game... I played most of the final fantasies growing up, but not FFx1 (and the beta for this one the first time around when it was pure garbage). I just feel underwhelemed with this beta like I'm missing something big? I dont realy see anything new from other mmo's and the combat seems slow + very limited skillset on my job? I must be missing something because spamming blizzard over and over on a 2.5 second cooldown wasnt very interesting up to lvl 15.. Inventory management is also a nightmare :\

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
After the wipe with our chars now the next phase of beta will let us keep our toons for release?
Maybe, maybe not.

"Circumstance may neccessitate the deletion of character data"

Which means if they find some folks using exploits, they will still wipe it. They left the door wide open here, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they say this to get everyone in the open beta knowing they are going to wipe anyway. (Meaning, they know if they are wiping less people will log in and will just wait for launch)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh, I doubt that will happen. The 'problem' with open beta was solved by making it last only a week. I'll be happy if ACN is available for it, otherwise I wish they would wipe going into release. :p

Volt

Molten Core Raider
If there's one thing I don't think I could ever get tired of in this game, it's the soundtrack. Their composers for this are phenomenal. Really hope they at least post SOME Arcanist info soon, so we can all get an idea of what specifically they'll bring to the table.
Someone did some data mining and found and translated the following:

Arcanist skills:

Level 01 - Ruin: Deals magic damage to target. Potency: 100

Level 02 - Bio: Deals magic DoT to target. Potency: 10 Duration: 30s

Level 04 - Ruby Carbuncle: Summons "Carbuncle Mage"

Level 06 - Miasma: Deals magic DoT to target. Potency: 5 Duration: 30s Additional Effect: Inflict 20% "Heavy" & an ailment that halves the amount recovered on heals. Duration: 30s This Heavy will not be cancelled if target takes an attack. (TN: This one was tricky for me, might've @#%^ed this one up)

Level 10 - Sustain: Consume 15% of your max HP to grant HoT to your pet. Potency: 5 Duration: 15s Cannot be used if current HP is less than 15% your max HP.

Level 14 - Wither: Deals cone-shaped magic damage towards target. Range: 120 degrees

Level 15 - Diamond Carbuncle (QUEST): Summons "Carbuncle Guardian".

Level 18 - Self-Sacrifice: Out of your current HP, consume 20% of your max HP to raise your own magic damage for a set time. Duration: 12s Cannot be used if current HP is less than 20% max.

Level 22 - Miasma II: Deals magic DoT to AoE. Potency: 5 Duration: 30s Additional Effect: Inflict 20% "Heavy" & an ailment that halves the amount recovered on heals. Duration: 30s This Heavy will not be cancelled if target takes an attack. (Again, not sure of the additional effect)

Level 26 - Fog: Decrease target's range of throwing, archery, and magic by 10 yalms. Duration: 30s

Level 30 - Barrier: Raise your physical defense by 10%. Duration: 15 min.

Level 30 - Bane (QUEST): Scatter a target's DoT & Status Ailment to surroundings. Duration: Based on DoT / Ailment. If you did not inflict the DoT / Ailment there is no effect. Additional Effect: 15% chance to reset the duration of the scattered DoT / Ailment. (TN: This was a doozy. Might be way off. Sounds like it spreads an enemy's DoT or debuff to surrounding enemies. Not sure if this is the actual quest ability you learn.)

Level 34 - Bio II: Inflict magic DoT to target. Potency: 20 Duration: 60s Additional Effect: Raises target's chance of taking critical damage 3%.

Level 38 - Autoimmunity Raise your own physical defense 10%. Duration: 12s Can only be used if HP is less than 20%.

Level 42 - Addle: Inflict target with 10% "Slow Cast". Duration: 12s

Level 46 - Serpent Tongue: Increase your "Fast Cast" 10% and decrease range your range of magic 10 yalms. Duration: 15s

Level 50 - Aura Burst: Deals magic damage to surrounding enemies. Additional Effect: Knocks back target 10 yalms. (TN: Not sure if it's the enemy you target or all hit by the spell. No potency was given in the doc I have)

Summoner Skills(These sound like Summoner abilities but I'm not sure how the levels will work out):

Level 04 - Proto Ramuh: Summon "Ramuh Spirit".

Level 15 - Proto Titan: Summon "Titan Spirit".

Level 30 - Proto Garuda: Summon "Garuda Spirit".

Level 35 - Fester: Deal damage based on the number of DoT / Ailments you have inflicted on target. "60 Potency" damage per DoT / Ailment. Only Arcanist/Summoner DoT / Ailments count toward damage. No effect if you did not inflict DoT / Ailment to target. (TN: Sorry if wording is strange. Might have messed this one up)

Level 40 - Proto Ifrit: Summon "Ifrit Spirit".

Level 45 - Harm's Way: Have your pet take damage for one other party member (excluding yourself). Duration: 12s

Level 50 - Enkindle: Execute a Fulfillment skill on currently summoned pet. Can only use when a Summoner pet is summoned. (TN: Not sure what this means without context, but maybe using stuff like "Diamond Dust" etc.?)

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, if Scholar is supposed to be a healer, all of its healing will come from that fairy, and the unknown Scholar abilities?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Those are datamined from a few months ago, before scholar was announced, so it's very likely it's outdated. The real datamining will come once the P4 client is available for download.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Plus, a potency 10 dot? :p That's vanilla WoW levels of bad there.
Well it's a 30secs dot, so in terms of total damage it's not too far off but that's awful for soloing and what not. Anyway the numbers have been rescaled a lot from the early phases so yeah. I think it was datamined from the alpha client so it's several months old, there's no arcanist info in the files since at least phase2 and that was already a while ago. Hopefully they do skills previews but otherwise yeah will have to wait for the P4 client to be downloadable(which I assume will only happen in early august or so, a few days before P4 itself). Even if it's not available it's likely it'll be in the files at that point.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
DoTs in this game are probably the one major issue I have as far as soloing goes. I'm not saying "omg buff dots crazy plox" (cross-classing causes a little fun there...), but they're still pretty bad (Aero anyway; Thunder gets a proc to do SOME good).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
DoTs in this game are probably the one major issue I have as far as soloing goes. I'm not saying "omg buff dots crazy plox" (cross-classing causes a little fun there...), but they're still pretty bad (Aero anyway; Thunder gets a proc to do SOME good).
Aero was buffed at some point during P3 and it was alright, but not really that good. Had better mp efficiency than Stone 2 though(less than Stone 1 but also does more damage) so it has uses, sometimes, if it can run the full duration and also useful if you need to cast while moving. Biggest issue is dots don't scale well at all with active dmg buffs and shit so they'll probably end up not being used besides specific cases in endgame. Arcanist might get good dots however, we'll see.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Is anyone else finding it hard to go back to these style of games where you have to stand still to cast spells? After TERA (which would rubber band you in place) and more recently GW2, (and Vanguard, a long time ago) where you could always move while casting it's just very strange to be locked in place.

Playing a THM in this and having to stand still for like 3 seconds with YOUR BUDDY the casting bar is very rough.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Aero was useful because either Stone does just a fraction too little or mob hp is just a fraction too high, but soloing always seemed to leave mobs with like 10 hp left, and I didn't feel like another full cast of stone. Aero helped out fill that gap.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Is anyone else finding it hard to go back to these style of games where you have to stand still to cast spells? After TERA (which would rubber band you in place) and more recently GW2, (and Vanguard, a long time ago) where you could always move while casting it's just very strange to be locked in place.

Playing a THM in this and having to stand still for like 3 seconds with YOUR BUDDY the casting bar is very rough.
I feel the opposite. I feel as if it gives "weight" to the abilities being used when moving interrupts them. Makes it feel more realistic.