Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Ya

In the trailer, those are the ruins of Garlemand. He basically pulled a Kefka and made a giant tower in the ruins of the Empire

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
People are pretty spread out in this one I think. There is/was a board FC on Gilgamesh (maybe?) but generally when people ask this question it's like "yea there is one but it's pretty much dead."

On a different note, just resubbed. Haven't played in 4-5 months. Not sure how caught up I was when I quit. I think I'd defeated Ruby Weapon. Hopefully there's enough content since then to keep me entertained for a month or two. Someone mentioned being able to farm mounts through some kind of event?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Tol

Trakanon Raider
Started at launch on Gilgamesh with you all and came back last year. I'm looking for a FC but sounds like the board one died out. Anyone from back then have a decent FC to join? Basically just looking for cool people to chill with and most of the ones that open recruit haven't been great experiences.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Years ago, I was the only person online in ISIS for weeks on end. I eventually left (and transferred servers to sargantanas. Fuck me for bad choices.) but maybe the moon expac will have people that want to play and will come back?

Tol

Trakanon Raider
Years ago, I was the only person online in ISIS for weeks on end. I eventually left (and transferred servers to sargantanas. Fuck me for bad choices.) but maybe the moon expac will have people that want to play and will come back?
I've been back for over a year now so definitely in it for the long haul. I only played 3-6 months at lost and rapidly lost interest but since coming back it's been a really fun ride. I was hoping there were still gilgamesh people around because the only other FC I can think of that I'd want to play with is SA and They're on a different cluster

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking for one too. Last one I was in wasn't really my speed. I'm on Gilg. Don't know what it would take but we could resurrect ISIS or start a new one.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still am on Gilg and mess around, but I mostly just do solo content.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

There's an incentive to hook up with a larger guild that maintains FC buffs, especially while leveling and at the start of xpacs. Even if it's a horde looking for warm bodies 10-15% goes a ways.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So close to being able to solo farm those damn bird mounts, but not quite.
You can solo all of them I believe, although Nidhogg is cancer iirc. I think for some of them BLU is faster than a 80 unsynced too, because Basic Instinct is so strong. Still overall faster to just party for them though, a lot die in like 2mins or less in a party so you can get your mounts at fairly good speeds. Obviously you often get groups with shitters that take longer(especially when it's DPS sensitive tasks like doing the Byakko skip and ppl are so fucking bad they somehow can't do it with i510+) but for the birds at least it shouldn't be a problem anymore unless it's like 6/8 glue tasters.

There's an incentive to hook up with a larger guild that maintains FC buffs, especially while leveling and at the start of xpacs. Even if it's a horde looking for warm bodies 10-15% goes a ways.

If you're new yeah, but if you're not, you should be saving up on those scrolls from the weekly GC squadron mission, you get 10scrolls that last 2hours each and give you lvl 3 FC buffs equivalent for most of them(not rez sickness or + craft/gather skills, but all the xp stuff, longer food, higher spiritibinding, higher MGP) and they stack so you can run a bunch together if for some reason you want to.

You should do that a couple of times at least before the expansion and then you're good for a fair amount of time, and obviously you can keep doing it, I have like 60 of each or so and I use them for whatever, haven't used xp ones in a while since I'm capped other than BLU, but I did use the food duration ones when I was doing this savage tier. The scrolls are lvl 3 too which most FCs don't run unless it's expansion launch(and even then) cause it costs a bunch of old mats to make the wheels to generate the buff and stocking them up is some treasure hunt map level of garbage.

I made my own FC too though cause I figured I didn't really care about joining random ones, so I have those buffs if I want them. Got to rank 8(for the lvl 2 buffs) in like 4 or 5 days of turning in expert deliveries from shit I was rolling while farming my relic(especially the 18/18 24man step). That said the buffs are expensive to use as a solo user so I've just been letting it build up for the next expansion so far. It's a free FC chest though which is nice.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Husky makes some fantastic covers for a lot of the FF14 music as well as numerous other games. Alex does some interesting analyses and lots of funky arrangements of FF and other games. Really happy for those dudes that they were able to get that interview. Soken also seems chill as fuck.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
There are some rumors floating around that Soken may be collabing with them on some Endwalker tracks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The Grade 3 Wheels aren't that bad ...

or biggest problem we can only have 1 wheel spinner at a time up >.< just really lame when you got a back-log of them that need too be charged.

Cybsled

5/14 and 5/15 for the digital fanfest.

Day 1 will be the rest of the expansion reveal, day 2 will be a live letter (presumably about 5.55).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

5/14 and 5/15 for the digital fanfest.

Day 1 will be the rest of the expansion reveal, day 2 will be a live letter (presumably about 5.55).

I just want to buy the Lunar Whale so I can ferry my group around at hunts.

• 1Like