Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
No queue here. Also logged in and woke up in an inn with rest xp after getting 3201'd Sat evening in the middle of one of the shrouds so that pretty sweet!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I rolled on Malboro, probably not expecting to get on the gaygamesh server this weekend, so meh.

ye i rolled on ultros for now, fuck refreshing server every 3 min for 5 hours
smile.png

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
ye i rolled on ultros for now, fuck refreshing server every 3 min for 5 hours
smile.png
When I was trying for Gilg during open beta, I would just restart the game to bypass the waiting 3 minutes. Sure, you have to go through the pain of relogging and restarting but it can be shorter than waiting the three minutes.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
When I was trying for Gilg during open beta, I would just restart the game to bypass the waiting 3 minutes. Sure, you have to go through the pain of relogging and restarting but it can be shorter than waiting the three minutes.
You can also just quit out of character creation after you see that your server is unavailable, then restart char creation again using the saved char template. Works the same way.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I assume none of you were born when the internet decided they were all going to roll on Archimonde, and so were unaware of why it's an incredibly stupid idea to pick the most popular server.

Locking servers with no method of inviting friends so they can join one another is an asshole move as well.

Mahulk_sl

shitlord
Was looking forward to roll with a community of mature players with a similar background to mine since most of my friends are not following me in that game, but the server choice made me sad. The reddit and other kid or hater communities I can live with, but the queue is a dealbreaker. Rolled on Marlboro.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I assume none of you were born when the internet decided they were all going to roll on Archimonde, and so were unaware of why it's an incredibly stupid idea to pick the most popular server.
That was pretty much the pinnacle of terrible.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Just finished the first dungeon.
Finished with a swift first completion bonus but was happy to see it did take at least a meager amount of tanking/healing to complete. You wont faceroll it without at least some cooperation. I hope this is a sign of things to come and it gets harder from here on.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I'm just rolling my face on the keyboard and things are dieing and quests are being completed. yawn

ye i understand why we would want a popular server but the lock down thing is a real downer.

that being said this is my first time playing and so far i fucking love it.

lvl 7 conj on ultros for now. will try gilga later but man im havin fun.

Myst

Peasant
I heard it's possible to upgrade to the CE if you bought a normal edition? Is there a time limit to upgrade your account?

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
People who got into Gilg last weekend should have no problem... going to be rough on those who are playing for the first time now though.

Regarding dungeons: the early ones are pretty faceroll, but it gets better.