Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

forge

Lord Nagafen Raider
For all you slack jawed motherfuckers TAKE NOTE and make sure to be ready to login 3 hours from now. The servers will be empty and most likely let you create characters.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Dungeons are selling me more on this game. So far I like them and they threw three at me in a row if you follow the main quest.
Just killed a blob thing and needed to figure out not to kill the add in order to pop him.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I had to roll back my video drivers (installed ATI betas without testing the benchmark) before I could log back on and I got in just fine. So, yeah. Quit bitching, it's the same bullshit on every server, except for the locks which are temporary and require some patience. If you don't like it then don't play on Gilg. Nobody is forcing you.
Spoken by someone who has no fucking clue how long gilg has been locked for. Locked since 5:30am, and all day throughout open beta if you didn't stay up until 3 in the morning to make a character when it opened. Gilg didn't unlock until Monday morning with 10 minutes left in open beta. That's a bit more than "temporary." All of the other servers have unlocked at some point except gilg. I tried for 10 hours on Sunday. Who the fuck knows how many problems gilg is going to have for being so overpopulated.

And yeah, start on some other server where you don't know anyone. Great fucking "choice" there.

To be fair, when the server was picked nobody knew that they would just outright fucking lock servers, because no other game did it that way. And if they did, they had a system where you could invite people onto your server. (I can't even recall what game that was)

Erie_sl

shitlord
Nap time for the tired fuckers, this is a blessing in disguise when you're still playing at 3:30 tomorrow morning you'll be glad you took that 3 hour nap
Would be nice if I could nap, just never been the type to be able to sleep whenever.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Gotta love it.

5t5WELu.jpg

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you didn't manage to create a character at any point during the free weekend or wake up this morning to get logged in then I don't feel that bad for you. I feel bad for the people who have casual friends/bf/gf who won't want to wait to roll on Gilg but not bad enough to want to play on a ghost town in a couple months.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
All that crap that's messed up, from the 3102 that I got for a day and a half, to not being able to progress in my story from the dungeons fucking up to long server maintenance times, I am such an MMO vet that I should be livid and swearing I'll never play this shite again. Instead, I've got the DT's and I just can't wait to log in again.

Also, while we're waiting, dumb newbie question: Do we not receive our CE and pre-order bonuses until the actual launch?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Spoken by someone who has no fucking clue how long gilg has been locked for. Locked since 5:30am, and all day throughout open beta if you didn't stay up until 3 in the morning to make a character when it opened. Gilg didn't unlock until Monday morning with 10 minutes left in open beta. That's a bit more than "temporary." All of the other servers have unlocked at some point except gilg. I tried for 10 hours on Sunday. Who the fuck knows how many problems gilg is going to have for being so overpopulated.

And yeah, start on some other server where you don't know anyone. Great fucking "choice" there.
That's not accurate. Gilgamesh locked and unlocked at least a dozen times over the beta 4 weekend. We had a steady stream of new players being able to create accounts and log in. If you missed every single window, you haven't been trying very hard and you have no one to blame but yourself.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are guildhests on the same system as leves? I didn't get much of a chance to mess with them in beta.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That's not accurate. Gilgamesh locked and unlocked at least a dozen times over the beta 4 weekend. We had a steady stream of new players being able to create accounts and log in. If you missed every single window, you haven't been trying very hard and you have no one to blame but yourself.
Oh so now we have to camp the server screen because youre too stupid to realize rolling on the most popular server is a bad mistake? And then deal with queues in the later weeks? And yes maybe 100 peeps got in but a 100 more prolly didn't.

Fuck, even the goons learned their lesson.

Good luck with the queues.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh so now we have to camp the server screen because youre too stupid to realize rolling on the most popular server is a bad mistake? And then deal with queues in the later weeks?

Fuck, even the goons learned their lesson.

Good luck with the queues.
There hasn't been any queues. You're talking out your ass. I've logged out and in several times tonight.

You can either be a whiny bitch and go elsewhere or you can man up and roll on Gilg. Either way, I don't care. We're not moving 115 people because you have your panties in a bunch.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I wasn't home until Sunday. It sure as fuck never unlocked then.

And who gives a flying fuck how populated the server is going to be in six months? How many are even planning on playing that long? And how much do you plan on pugging with retards and not the goddamn 100 man mega guild you are starting wtih?

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
LOL, as if anyone will be playing this in a few weeks let alone a few months.
Why did you buy it, you don't seem to like it much. I'm just as much of a jaded motherfucker when it comes to MMOs as everyone else around here but (aside from servers always going down) it's at least as good as anything that's come out since WoW. If it has any kind of longevity at endgame then it'll do just fine.