Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Tol_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I woke up late and logged right in, never had any issues. I worked through most of the beta P4 weekend and still got in to create a character pretty easily. It opens and closes, if it doesn't let you create a character, go take a walk or something instead of hunkering down refreshing every 3 minutes.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I wasn't home until Sunday. It sure as fuck never unlocked then.
Once 3102 started they clamped down on the server. If you really want to get in, get on mumble, and listen for when the server comes up, because there's a high chance it will be available for new characters.

Also, have a character pre-made from the character creation system so you can just import it and not spend the time making one while the server locks.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
In need of a decent MMO, how does everyone like this game so far? Literallt have nothing but P99 to play and I am sick of that. Is the class system good?

xzi

Mouthbreather
He's got a point though, rolling on high pop is stupid. But no matter where you go at this point servers are going to be congested. Maybe not as much as gilg, but still. The game just launched.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Yeah, my friend said when he looked literally half the servers were locked. I'd much rather have some day one hiccups than be on a total ghost town 3 months down the line.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Only 2 servers were locked when I started, gilg and behemoth. Behemoth has been up and down, gilg never unlocked. Since then the other locked servers were nearly all legacy.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I wonder if it's just fucked up for a handful of people? My friend was able to get right in about an hour ago, and I was able to make my alt character as well but at the same time another friend hasn't been able to get into Gilg at all since launch.

Nabi

Trakanon Raider
To be fair, when the server was picked nobody knew that they would just outright fucking lock servers, because no other game did it that way. And if they did, they had a system where you could invite people onto your server. (I can't even recall what game that was)
Funny, it was FFXI that had the world pass system where you can buy a code in game IIRC that your friend can enter to join the same server. However, the only reason why they had this system was because there was no server select. Servers were assigned to players randomly, lol.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I wonder if it's just fucked up for a handful of people? My friend was able to get right in about an hour ago, and I was able to make my alt character as well but at the same time another friend hasn't been able to get into Gilg at all since launch.
Probably because you already had a character on the server.

The internet always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling when someone complains about something, and people to whom the complaint does not apply descend upon them with righteous fury. "OMG QUIT COMPLAINING FAGT" is all you should ever expect here.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think I'll make a Kreugina just in case it turns out melee dps is a giant suck fest, as it apparently was in 1.0. Because there is no way I'd put that bard outfit on a man.

Death Tax_sl

shitlord
2013/08/24 10:57 Several Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 24)
At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 24, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Ah, haha - that's the only time slot I've allotted myself for today since I have shit going on. Funny, SE. Big hugs.

I'm on Typhon right now as a gladiator newb, Ro Impact.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Need to find an alt server to play on, too many people i know cant get on gilg
frown.png