Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
No it won't.
I would venture to say it will.

Where the PC space has a glut of MMOs, the console market does not. Seeing as Square-Enix will have zero competition in a market of 70+ million PS3 (and the millions of upcoming PS4), I'd be hard pressed to believe it is going to be a failure. Couple that with these weird Final Fantasy fanatics and I'm forced to agree with Arkael that FFXIV will do just fine.

Myst

Peasant
Can't make a new character on Gilgamesh, cannot log into my old account which got fucked to EU status. And I have not heard ONE fucking thing from their CS. Pre-order cancelled, fuck square-enix and this horrible fucking system up it's ass.
Them MMOS are always out to get you.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Them MMOS are always out to get you.
You know, this was the one I was ready to play and actually was fired up if solely for the fun with others from here. The fact I had region account difficulties, can't create a character, etc. Is pretty fucking fucked in this day and age. Without one reply from these fucking people.

No money should be given to these fucks.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Who should I bug for an FC invite? I don't have mumble setup and won't until I get back from work after the weekend, but I have today to mess around and level up my conjurer.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's launch day, I'm sure they're quite busy.
Launch day my ass. I sent the email 5 days ago when I was having issues. Not one fucking reply. And being busy? Really? Support your fucking product.

See you all in the next MMORPG when everyone ditches this WoW clone piece of boring trash in 4 weeks. A boring piece of trash I was willing to play with you all for no other reason than to have a little fun and drink some beer.

Myst

Peasant
You know, this was the one I was ready to play and actually was fired up if solely for the fun with others from here. The fact I had region account difficulties, can't create a character, etc. Is pretty fucking fucked in this day and age. Without one reply from these fucking people.

No money should be given to these fucks.
I understand your frustration, as many of us had to go through the same ordeal. I went through 3 accounts and 3 different emails until i got things sorted out. It all started when i registered a EU beta code to my account. I really came close to saying "Fuck it", but to be honest, i have been craving an MMO since vanilla wow and this is the first MMO i genuinely enjoy. I respect the fact that they admitted their mistakes and are starting fresh as well.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who should I bug for an FC invite? I don't have mumble setup and won't until I get back from work after the weekend, but I have today to mess around and level up my conjurer.
Friend Cheryl Tunt to get an invite.

Myst

Peasant
Launch day my ass. I sent the email 5 days ago when I was having issues. Not one fucking reply. And being busy? Really? Support your fucking product.
I used their live chat service and always got a response within an hour or two. They were able to resolve a lot of my issues. I actually wish i had known about live chat from the start.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
What the fuck is wrong with the armours. My Pugilist is running around like a tranny. You are kind of forced to play a female character in this game, if you arent Evelys or Millie.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I used their live chat service and always got a response within an hour or two. They were able to resolve a lot of my issues. I actually wish i had known about live chat from the start.
Where is it on their site?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so if you're 1.0 and not legacy, workaround is pre-order on amazon, use code on your 1.0 account, then cancel pre-order. Anyone else on adamantoise?

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
3035 error saying my service account doesn't allow account creation. I kept retrying 10+ times and same error. I closed the client completely and was able to create a character... So anyone trying to refresh for Gilg... chances are you will be stuck and not allowed to make a character anyway heh

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After the initial launch I intend to start tweaking settings and stuff. The SweetFX stuff, and also want to check out controller support.