Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
question for folks before I ask elsewhere. My gf is playing on our laptop and the graphics options only show the intel hd4600 as the gpu. The laptop itself has a gtx780m. In the nvidia panel I have it set to always use the 780 so how do I make FFXIV have that as a selectable option. Thanks.
Go in to the 3d settings of your shitty nvidia panel that came with teh drivers, in the drop down list for programs, select ffxiv, select gpu, profit.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Lol...

Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

The maximum expected population limit is nearing for each World, and unless the current World simultaneous connection amount decreases, we are unable to open release the limitation.

In case we do release the limitation, there is a high chance that the corresponding World will crash or cause issues, and we are thinking that it will be difficult for us to release it for a while. We please ask you to consider playing in a World that has a low limitation.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and ask to continue with your cooperation.

I don't think Gilgamesh, or soon any server is going to be available.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I will say whoever's idea it was to create questing bottlenecks by the addition of mandatory instance quests before you can progress needs to be fired.

That shit is the cause of a lot of in game problems and the constant downtime today.

Stave

Potato del Grande
question for folks before I ask elsewhere. My gf is playing on our laptop and the graphics options only show the intel hd4600 as the gpu. The laptop itself has a gtx780m. In the nvidia panel I have it set to always use the 780 so how do I make FFXIV have that as a selectable option. Thanks.
I had this same problem except it was showing my previous video card that isn't even installed anymore, a gtx 460. I found that if I went to my resolution settings in windows, and clicked advanced settings, it said the adapter was the 460, but everywhere else said 650 ti boost, and I know the 650 ti boost is working because I have way better performance, so really, all it was doing was pulling the display name from there, which was just a bugged label, not actually what my computer is using. Anyways the only 2 things I tried, was redetect my displays, and I went into registry and found my 650 ti boost label by searching which was something like NVidia GTX 650 Ti BOOST, and then I searched anything that contained GTX 460, and replaced the string with the 650 string. After a reboot, it shows correctly now. Weird bug, but just a display bug. Obviously too she wouldn't be playing at those FPS if she was using the onboard video.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Unless he got rid of it already, that dude Jaybee I gave a code to the other day had a spare EU code afterwards.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
I will say whoever's idea it was to create questing bottlenecks by the addition of mandatory instance quests before you can progress needs to be fired.

That shit is the cause of a lot of in game problems and the constant downtime today.
It's basically gonna kill the game in 3 months when everyone has every class at lv 50ish and no new players can start the game because there's noone to group with at lv 15 to get past the instance group cockblocks in the main storyline >;p

I guess they'll eventually have to retune all pre 50 mandatory instances to be soloable. >;p

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah it'll have to happen early too. I guess they think everyone will be leveling extra classes and need to clear those, that's a ridiculous thought three months out, of course.

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
Well that's untrue. There are always people trying new classes and you can level sync down to the instances. No reason to level just doing fates and guildhests.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

The maximum expected population limit is nearing for each World, and unless the current World simultaneous connection amount decreases, we are unable to open release the limitation.

In case we do release the limitation, there is a high chance that the corresponding World will crash or cause issues, and we are thinking that it will be difficult for us to release it for a while. We please ask you to consider playing in a World that has a low limitation.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and ask to continue with your cooperation.

I don't think Gilgamesh, or soon any server is going to be available.
Well, if that's the case, I may give up waiting and cancel my pre-order(s). That really does have a long-term tone to it, and I'm not going to pay as much for a transfer as for the game. I hope it's still possible to sneak into these servers if you are persistent.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Any tips for targetting on PS3? seems like a real headache when things get hairy, or even trying to target PCs in FATEs that arent in your group.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
If anyone on Lamia has managed to weasle into a guild, send me a tell on Nyrrukette.
I'm on Lamia too, but not in a guild yet as I have only seen one advertised so far. Put Smirk on your friends list though I'm stuck at 10 because of the stupid bug. Playing a healer.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I'm on Lamia too, but not in a guild yet as I have only seen one advertised so far. Put Smirk on your friends list though I'm stuck at 10 because of the stupid bug. Playing a healer.
I managed to get into a instance not too long ago to finish my 15 class quest, i'd just keep trying. I'll add you tomorrow.

Fenz

Silver Knight of the Realm
So at Aug. 25 12:00 a.m. PDT, we will be implementing a maintenance to optimize the NA/EU Data Centers. At the same time, we will be implementing all the fixes done for the NA/EU Data Centers to the JP Data Center, so maintenance will be done on the JP Data Centers to get a smoother optimization.
Is this in about 15 minutes? PDT is confusing for a CET time guy
smile.png