Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
You probably have an overlap with your GC hunting log
oh! I didnt know the GC had a seperate hunting log, good to know. And yes, that's what it was
smile.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
That chocobo looks pretty awesome. Also, finally got on and randomly am now level 20 instead of 19. I don't know why but I'll take it.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
Still no fucking unlock on Gilgamesh. Not even for a second. Fucking thing hasn't been lit up since beta.

...they've got 18 hours to let me create a character before they get 2 more cancellations.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
Im not to sure they will unlock Gilgamesh anytime soon. Seems half the internet is trying to roll there. I have a toon on Gilg as well but had a better experience so far on Malboro

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, fuck Gilg, come to Marlboro. It's like the rerolled Rerolled server.

Can someone remind me about levequests? You can do the combat ones and then turn in for crafting/gathering?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
There are just ones for gathering and crafting that require you to make or gather something for the quest. The combat ones are a good way to level other jobs when you run out of quests.

skylan_sl

shitlord
I'm on Bahemoth, was able to play somewhat Saturday (whout being able to finish class / duty finder quests), and 0 time on Sunday. I was able to log my guy on this morning and figured I might as well leave him in game while I work. Hate to be one of those guys, but with the shit storm of a launch this has been I'm pretty sure today is going to be the last chance to get a few hours o gaming in for a while.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm checking to see if they had any updates concerning the clusterfuck of login issues and of course there is nothing, just an update that GM support is down. It's not going to be pretty tomorrow.

Check that, found this:

An Apology to Our Players Using NA/EU Data Centers

On behalf of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Development Team, I would like to extend my deepest apologies to those Early Access participants who have had difficulty using the NA/EU data centers.

In response to a variety of issues, we have conducted emergency maintenance several times over the past few days. The first instance, which was conducted six hours following the beginning of early access, was for the purpose of addressing the errors 90000 and 3000, which were first discovered during phase 4 of the beta test.

Our server team then began taking measures to improve the performance of the lobby and duty finder servers. The subsequent emergency maintenance was necessary to implement their changes.

This maintenance proceeded as planned, and afterwards we verified that the stability of instanced battles and the duty finder was much improved. However, we then discovered that certain lobby servers had been improperly configured, and we were forced to conduct another brief maintenance to resolve this issue.

Although we have successfully addressed a number of serious issues in the past several days, we have nevertheless decided to implement login restrictions for the time being due to the extremely heavy load being placed upon the servers. In this way, we can ensure that the maximum number of players can play the game without risking a sever crash. I know no one wants to wait to log in, but I hope you all understand why we believe this precaution is necessary.

Once again, I would like to sincerely apologize to all our players who have been unable to enjoy Early Access due to the tremendous congestion, the ensuing issues, and the frequent maintenance.

Everyone on the development and operations teams is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our customers, and we will continue to do our utmost to resolve the remaining and any future issues.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director, Naoki Yoshida

skylan_sl

shitlord
So I'm checking to see if they had any updates concerning the clusterfuck of login issues and of course there is nothing, just an update that GM support is down. It's not going to be pretty tomorrow.

Check that, found this:

An Apology to Our Players Using NA/EU Data Centers

On behalf of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Development Team, I would like to extend my deepest apologies to those Early Access participants who have had difficulty using the NA/EU data centers.

In response to a variety of issues, we have conducted emergency maintenance several times over the past few days. The first instance, which was conducted six hours following the beginning of early access, was for the purpose of addressing the errors 90000 and 3000, which were first discovered during phase 4 of the beta test.

Our server team then began taking measures to improve the performance of the lobby and duty finder servers. The subsequent emergency maintenance was necessary to implement their changes.

This maintenance proceeded as planned, and afterwards we verified that the stability of instanced battles and the duty finder was much improved. However, we then discovered that certain lobby servers had been improperly configured, and we were forced to conduct another brief maintenance to resolve this issue.

Although we have successfully addressed a number of serious issues in the past several days, we have nevertheless decided to implement login restrictions for the time being due to the extremely heavy load being placed upon the servers. In this way, we can ensure that the maximum number of players can play the game without risking a sever crash. I know no one wants to wait to log in, but I hope you all understand why we believe this precaution is necessary.

Once again, I would like to sincerely apologize to all our players who have been unable to enjoy Early Access due to the tremendous congestion, the ensuing issues, and the frequent maintenance.

Everyone on the development and operations teams is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our customers, and we will continue to do our utmost to resolve the remaining and any future issues.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director, Naoki Yoshida
Completely understandable that there will be technical issues at launch, but imposing login restrictions without the ability to queue is fucking unacceptable.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Ended up just hooking a PS3 controller to my PC yesterday. If I get the whole server is full please try again later all I have to do is hit the * on my number pad and mash x on the controller. Much easier than trying to do that shit manually with a mouse.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's easy to have that attitude when you've been playing all day. If you were locked out for the past 12+ hours, you'd be complaining too.
Try 48+ hours.

I wasn't able to register my account until 10am Saturday morning. I stayed up until 3am trying to register and no go. Woke up at 5am to try to register again and no go. Said fuck it and went to sleep. Got up at 10am on Sat and was able to register my account, update FFXIV only to find out Leviathan, the server my friends are playing on is locked. It has been locked since, even this morning when I tried to make a new character.

So tell me again what was the point of pre-ordering if I can't even get to play with my friends?

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, those playing on Malboro. Is/was the "server full try again later" shit happening on that server? Or is it just the huge servers like Gilg and Levi?