Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Going from Gunbreaker to Black Mage is a massive shock. Why do Gunbreakers have so many buttons again? Why do tanks in general have so many damn abilities?

I have 26 abilities bound right now which is about as many as I can do with easily reachable keys and I have to find another 6+ binds as I keep levelling up? What?

Try warrior (tank) - it’s completely braindead.

Malkav

French Madman
Going from Gunbreaker to Black Mage is a massive shock. Why do Gunbreakers have so many buttons again? Why do tanks in general have so many damn abilities?

I have 26 abilities bound right now which is about as many as I can do with easily reachable keys and I have to find another 6+ binds as I keep levelling up? What?

GNB have more buttons because of the continuation combo. If tanks have too many buttons for you, don't look at some of the melee DPS man.

Though I don't think I could play anymore without the XIV Combo plugin. Fuck going 1,2,3, 1,2,3. I'll save myself some keybinds and go 1 1 1.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
PS4 Controller has 32 easily reachable keys and another 16 on double tap if you really need more.

That's assuming you have your non combat shit bount to sets of seperate cycleable keys which only show up if your weapon is sheathed.

Managed to bind all my Gunbreaker shit at the base 32 keys without macros now.

Generally L2 is 8 buttons for single target tanking rotation and defence cooldowns, R2 is 8 buttons for multi target rotation and defence cooldowns, L2+R2 is 8 buttons for the extended dps rotation and dps cooldowns, R2+L2 is weird buttons I hardly use.

you play with a controller? eww!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I came from warrior, switched to GNB because I really liked the dash ability. I may very well end up going back, I think Warrior picks up a similar ability at level 70.
Yeah it does (onslaught) - war, drk and gnb are the same skeleton (pld a bit different) with progressively more buttons to press but all the same core functionality.

Malkav

French Madman
Only difference being Onslaught having a gauge cost and no CD for WAR while other tanks gap closers have 2 charges with CDs.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
It's super quick and ergonomic, you just need a little practice.

and what do I do when I want to alt tab to watch youtube or type a message to someone without having to switch input devices.

Or target a specific NPC without using the god awful FF14 tab targeting system

Edit: Oh god the idea of my raid healer using a controller to heal is giving me a headache

Goonsquad Officer
GNB have more buttons because of the continuation combo. If tanks have too many buttons for you, don't look at some of the melee DPS man.

Though I don't think I could play anymore without the XIV Combo plugin. Fuck going 1,2,3, 1,2,3. I'll save myself some keybinds and go 1 1 1.
How does the combo plug in work? I break guns and I play the organ to fight

Malkav

French Madman
How does the combo plug in work? I break guns and I play the organ to fight

You need to launch the game through goatcorp/FFXIVQuickLauncher . Once you that, you can type a command in game bringing up a plugin repository and install XIV Combos.

XIV Combos allows you to consolidate most combos for job, as well as some buttons that are currently multiple actions but can never be used at the same time.

You can chose specifically what combo you want to consolidate for each jobs. For GNB, you can :
- Consolidate your 3 buttons basic combo to one hotkey.
- Consolidate your Continuation combo to one hotkey (and either leave the ogcd separate or put in on the same button too).
- Consolidate your 2 steps AOE combo into one button.

It does all that while preserving ability queuing. Basically, it works the same as in PVP or when you play NPC and you see those one buttons combos they have. When you start a combo, hotkey automatically turns to the next part of the combo.

As usual, this is technically against the ToS like parsers, but as long as you don't mention it, you're safe.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Asmon is streaming on his alt account right now grinding out duties for armor sets and still gets over 20k viewers. The spike in popularity for this game is nuts.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like he wants to complete the item level 50 armor set he previously dismissed as "who would want that" ... *click try out* ... "I need that"

• 1Like

nu_11

and what do I do when I want to alt tab to watch youtube or type a message to someone without having to switch input devices.

Edit: Oh god the idea of my raid healer using a controller to heal is giving me a headache
I raided savage content with my SAM and SCH using controller. Worked pretty good.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Target of target is the only one healers have too worry about.

Also D-Pad up/down too target party members , it's really easy.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Go back to WoW pls k thx!

1626135182896.png

This is on Gilg.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For queues it cycles in 50-100 people every couple of minutes. Gilg will be in the thousands when xpac releases but 200 or so is not that long a wait.

The bigger problem is you can't world transfer to a server which has a queue with more than one cycle of people waiting to get in. You will be stuck waiting indefinitely until the queue is gone and then it will start transfering people again.