Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
couple questions.

1. is this worth buying ? ( note I am an old school MMO type, not looking for neverwinter 2 / *insert new shallow MMO here *

2. Is there a guild you guys have going ? ( what server if so ).

thanks
wink.png

Seriously, you are quoting the TOS? You are such a fucking moron.

Pop quiz - If I put in the TOS that you have to sign over your firstborn child to me, is it legal?

Continuing education - If I put illegal clauses into my contracts, do you think they are enforceable?

If you had more than a few brain cells to rub together, you'd see how the xbox example is an obvious case of precedent. You're a fucking moron though, so you don't, so you're going to default to the "always fails in court, and therefore has no legal standing" TOS. Genius.

Somewhere, there is a non-ABA accredited Law School that really needs you to apply. (PS - When you get there, ask them why they teach contract law with "retarded" examples like Pepsi's failure to deliver a Harrier Jump Jet in the Pepsi Challenge.)
clearly you are upset. this was not my intention. i just dont like negative people being negative for no reason. you got what you payed for, a game, and early access. there is no argument otherwise. noone is talking about going to court. you are really grasping at straws at this point. there is no pleasing some people and its pretty obvious you are trolling. terrible trolling at that.

couple questions.

1. is this worth buying ? ( note I am an old school MMO type, not looking for neverwinter 2 / *insert new shallow MMO here *

thanks
wink.png
1. id say yes, the gameplay is pretty fun. alot of things are new to me such as multiclassing and random world events (Fates). there is no pvp at launch but there are things in the works. the past 2 days people have had problems logging in, especially the highly populated servers. if you have ever experienced an mmo launch then you know what that entails.

2. rerolled's official server is Gilgamesh but it is locked (cant make chars). it is either the most mort or second most populated server because its also reddits server. the people who didnt get on in beta (or 5 min after early access started) are scattered all over.

its 30 bucks. im sure youll at least get 1 month of good playtime out of it which is cheaper than any other console game on the market. there really isnt much to lose.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm having a blast playing it so far. The problem is a lot of login issues. So it's a bitch to play, but once you do, it's fun.

We have an FC (guild) on Gilgamesh, but currently the server is not accepting new character creation. I know last night every single NA/EU server was locked for new character creation, though. But apparently you can join whatever server Traak is on and it's so awesome and empty!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
couple questions.

thanks
wink.png
IMO, yes its worth buying. It sort of reminds me of Vanguard mixed with Rift. Add the entire Final Fantasy Jobs thing, and you have this game. Nothing terribly new and groundbreaking but its all done rather well and the art and music is top notch if you are or were into the entire Final Fantasy thing ever. someone here explained it rather well, FFXI was to EQ as FFXIV is to WoW.

There is a guild, but unfortunately it was created on the most popular server and they are not allowing anymore characters to be created on that server right now. But a few of us which could not roll on that server rolled on others. Namely Malboro.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
1. id say yes, the gameplay is pretty fun. alot of things are new to me such as multiclassing and random world events (Fates). there is no pvp at launch but there are things in the works. the past 2 days people have had problems logging in, especially the highly populated servers. if you have ever experienced an mmo launch then you know what that entails.

2. rerolled's official server is Gilgamesh but it is locked (cant make chars). it is either the most mort or second most populated server because its also reddits server. the people who didnt get on in beta (or 5 min after early access started) are scattered all over.

its 30 bucks. im sure youll at least get 1 month of good playtime out of it which is cheaper than any other console game on the market. there really isnt much to lose.
Jesus man, freaking use the shift key once in awhile! You do realize that new sentences start with a capital letter, right?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
People need to understand this labeling of it as a "shitty launch" is completely relative to the person doing the complaining.

But of course, this is the old FoH-board self-entitled crowd we are dealing with here, so if one man claims it's the shittiest launch everIT MUST BE TRUE, AND NO ONE CAN CONVINCE THEM OTHERWISE.

Sigh.

PS: What level do I start the quests to join a Grand Company?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Cool, if anyone else is on a different server ( that i can access ) let me know ... I will keep an eye on the foh one.

thanks for the info.

I'm having a blast playing it so far. The problem is a lot of login issues. So it's a bitch to play, but once you do, it's fun.

We have an FC (guild) on Gilgamesh, but currently the server is not accepting new character creation. I know last night every single NA/EU server was locked for new character creation, though. But apparently you can join whatever server Traak is on and it's so awesome and empty!
what time last night because i literally made a char on every server but the 4 or 5 that were locked since i saw them open and wanted to save my name? you just makin shit up at this point.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
what time last night because i literally made a char on every server but the 4 or 5 that were locked since i saw them open and wanted to save my name? you just makin shit up at this point.
You can make a character on every server? I had to delete my old character to make a new one on Gilgamesh during early start.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
No, he's stating a fact. Every server was locked AT SOME POINT last night. The fact that you did not see it, does not negate the fact it existed as reality. I saw it several times while alt-tabbing to refresh Gilg.

It is also true that, at various times, everything other than Moogle/Gilgamesh/Leviathan was unlocked at least once at some point last night. Again, this doesn't make him a liar, just sort of shows you need to work on your reading comprehension.

You're like those assholes in every tech support thread saying "This issue isn't happening to me, so it must be your hardware."

my bad dude, forum posts are just longer text messages to me
frown.png
at least i use the shift key for smiley faces
Therein has to lie at least some of the problem.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I just got to 30 on my CNJ and did the WHM quest. On Malboro. Hit me up if you need some heals. Mythri Jenkins

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We seem to have a good little crew on Marlboro. Those of you who can't get on Gilgamesh, just join us over here. :p

Fuck the official Reddit server anyway. Why the hell did yall choose that in the first place?

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Someone just needs to step up and lead the leftovers on another server. I'll help you all with a server choice : Malboro. If in a month you want to go to gilg, you can server swap for about 10-15 bucks, if you dont feel like doing that, you can stick to the server or reroll your character from scratch.

Pick a server : Malboro *or wherever, I dont care*
Make a google docs to contain all the people on it so you know what people want to do classwise
Figure the rest out, its not hard to save gil and buy the required freecompany, ect.

We seem to have a good little crew on Marlboro. Those of you who can't get on Gilgamesh, just join us over here. :p

Fuck the official Reddit server anyway. Why the hell did yall choose that in the first place?
there are spies among us.

ill play my morlboro char tonight if thats where alot of you are.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
couple questions.

Yes but not right now. Wait for a couple weeks and see if they clean up all these infrastructure issues. This plagued FF14 1.0 as well, so it's highly doubtful they will ever be able to take care of it unless people just stop playing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's really besides the point. A lot of the people on Reddit weren't able to create accounts there either. So while there's an "official" server, it's about as official as Gilgamesh is for Rerolled. A good portion of us are there, but there's also a ton that aren't.

At this point, the issue is just too many players in general. All of the servers are overloaded. The way SE set up their instancing server is the culprit here. The total number of players across all NA/EU servers isn't allowing it to function, so they've limited number of logins. That's the problem that's keeping players from playing right now.

The new character creation thing is what will bite them in the ass in the future since it's a terrible way to limit your playerbase.