Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
EU chat support was open today, and there was a message posted on the NA chat service last night that they'd have weekend hours.
Considering this is a widespread issue not just affecting EU, you would think it would be in SE's best interest to get this shit fixed by having everyone on call.

ETA: I think you're right about it not being open, I'm just bouncing between 15 and 14 now. What a joke.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Ran the usual log on script this morning trying to get on Malboro. 30 minutes later the NA servers aren't showing. It's been like this for 20 minutes. "Unable to update group NA/EU character list" Anyone else getting this or have I been blacklisted for attempting to log in 300 times a minute? :p

Faddor_sl

shitlord
Ran the usual log on script this morning trying to get on Malboro. 30 minutes later the NA servers aren't showing. It's been like this for 20 minutes. "Unable to update group NA/EU character list" Anyone else getting this or have I been blacklisted for attempting to log in 300 times a minute? :p
I can't speak to the current server situation, but I can guarantee you SE is too fucking dumb to have coded anything resembling a tracker for login attempts. Everyone is slamming the server this way all the time; you're fine.

Keep on doing your best to DDOS that sucker.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Considering this is a widespread issue not just affecting EU, you would think it would be in SE's best interest to get this shit fixed by having everyone on call.

ETA: I think you're right about it not being open, I'm just bouncing between 15 and 14 now. What a joke.
Everyone on the tech support forums who is getting to the end is getting the Status: Canceled no one there, and the ticket number page still proclaims the service is unavailable. NA region not important enough to get weekend support.

Actual official way on how you're supposed to get Live Chat support:
1. Go to:https://support.na.square-enix.com/
2. Login to your account in the middle right of the page.
3. Top right corner ofhttps://support.na.square-enix.com/click on support.
4. From the banners in the middle click the FFXIV one.
5. From the 4 big blue squares click the third one that says Billing or payment issues.
6. Click on the button that says Additional Assistance
7. From the dropdowns on Category assistance select Account/Billing and from the other one Additional Services. Enter a brief summary.
8. Ignore any suggestions and click on Next.
9. Fill out the ticket form with detailed information and click Next
10. Verify the form is filled out correctly and hit Submit

This should bring up the page with your ticket number (bookmark this), it will either specify "Chat service is currently unavailable." below the CS hours or have a button link to the live chat service with the appropriate ticket number in the URL. The ticket should be correctly attributed to your account since you're logged in and visible below your account name on the middle right ofhttps://support.na.square-enix.com/.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I thought the Auto Hotkey program solved the 1017 problems. At least it does for me.http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...l=1#post340564Run that for a few minutes and you'll get in.

I haven't had an issue with 1017's at all, and I'm on Gilgamesh. Yes I afk all the time, but since Sunday, I have been kicked from the game twice and was able to get back in within minutes. I have only had problems with the login server being down once since actual launch and that lasted for all of 30 minutes. I just don't understand what everyone is having trouble with. I understand the not being able to make characters on the server, but I thought we had guilds on multiple servers now because of that.

And I am glad that crafting has a payoff (repairs and materia binding and whatnot) as it should. It actually makes tradeskills worthwhile in a game where half the classes are for tradeskilling. If you put in the time to do tradeskills, you should get benefits for it. What's the alternative, make them worthless? They should not have any benefits because then people have a reason to do them? I just don't follow the logic. I'm surprised some of you aren't angry that you don't just get a max level char, and unlimited gil, straight off the bat with out any work at all. This isn't a new concept, welcome to MMO's.
You have to be able to actually see your characters in order to use the script. It took me 30 minutes to get that far - at 10am.

And "I'm surprised some of you aren't angry that you don't just get a max level char, and unlimited gil, straight off the bat with out any work at all." is such moronic fucking hyperbole bullshit that I want to reach through the screen and tear the throat out of any idiot that ever says it. It's the standard reply to every complaint ever. It's right up there with the "go back to wow faggot" level of stupid. Want UI Mods? "Why don't we just give you a max level with full gear." Want less tedium? "Why don't we just give you a max level with full gear." Want class balance? "Why don't we just give you a max level with full gear." Want unfairness in PVP addressed? "Why don't we just give you a max level with full gear." Want features that allow new players to catch up to veterans in a 15 year old game? "Why don't we just give you a max level with full gear." Ad fucking nauseum. Get that shit out of here.

Rob - if you aren't getting server lists, or are getting 1017 after selecting start but before you ever see any characters, you have to completely exit the client or it will never fix itself. (we think)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/76132

Free Trial Extension

To apologize to our loyal fans who may not have been able to login or create characters during early access and the days immediately following launch, the development and operations teams are currently considering providing all player accounts with an additional seven days to their free trials. This includes non-legacy players from 1.0, who will be given new seven-day free trials. Trial extensions will be awarded after the aforementioned server maintenance on Wednesday. Details on the trial extension, including the extension period, will be released in a separate post as soon as they have been solidified.

We thank our fans again for the overwhelming support you have shown us over the past week. The response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn has well exceeded our expectations, and unfortunately resulted in our inability to provide the service which we originally intended. We humbly ask for your continued patience as we work to alleviate the issues as we truly appreciate all of our fans. We are very sorry for the frustration that has resulted from these problems.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida

Faddor_sl

shitlord
Rob - if you aren't getting server lists, or are getting 1017 after selecting start but before you ever see any characters, you have to completely exit the client or it will never fix itself. (we think)
Can't stress this one enough. There are all sorts of variations on login errors that don't seem to clear up until you completely close out your client and restart it completely, coming in from the launcher. Just one example: if you remain logged in with a "created" character trying to refresh worlds to actually create it, you will eventually time out. You'll only know when you get the message that you "aren't authorized to create any more characters on this world."

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/76132To apologize to our loyal fans who may not have been able to login or create characters during early access and the days immediately following launch, the development and operations teams are currently considering providing all player accounts with an additional seven days to their free trials. This includes non-legacy players from 1.0, who will be given new seven-day free trials. Trial extensions will be awarded after the aforementioned server maintenance on Wednesday. Details on the trial extension, including the extension period, will be released in a separate post as soon as they have been solidified.
Does "all player accounts" only include those that have entered a retail code and begun their 30-day trial? I'm still holding mine for refund/resale (or just not to waste days), since I couldn't login or create during EA at any time anyway. I have a feeling my accounts won't benefit from this free week, they are just EA accounts, not 1.0 or Beta.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol go go weekends. Back to cant update NA/EU or even get the start button to not grey out. Script can't do me any good atm.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Shit go boom?
I just got booted(90k) while teleporting. Now i'm either getting the lobby server timing out, chars not showing up followed by world server full message(what?), or no NA/EU server list. Good times.

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone still playing? I've got 2 90k errors on zoning on a row. Now the login is doing all sorts of new fuckups I haven't seen. This game is like being in an abusive relationship. I put in almost 2 days straight then it tells me to eat a dick and play the login game.

I've got the full trifecta, 1017, 2002, 90000 in the last 5 minutes. HAHA

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got booted after a fucking terrible dungeon run (died on final boss with 1 min left on dungeon timer). Now I can't even get the login screen to load. THAT is giving me 1017 errors. Can't get to any servers anymore.

kudos

<Banned>
Was thinking of buying this but with all this bullshit I'm reading about I can't even get a good review of the game because nobody can play it for a significant amount of time. I guess I'll wait a few months.