Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Also worth noting for news, the Media Tour is happening soon-ish(or happened already? no idea when it actually is) and the NDA for it will lifted on the 13th of October. There's a post on reddit with a tentative list of all the people who will have access(only people who announced it basically), lots of them, some more superficial content creators and such, like Rich Campbell and possibly Asmongold, and some that are streamers with world first race experience. Good variety of mains too, at least one main for each archetype, so can expect indepth comparisons to live and such for healers, tanks and DPS.

So basically on that day you can expect hours of videos put out by various people on how the new classes changes actually play and any details that didn't make the live letter. Numbers aren't final on these but are usually rather close to live(iirc last time there was only a couple of things changed), granted the potencies are gonna look weird with the stats squish and magic/phys potency merging they're doing, so it will only be good to compare to other classes during this media tour rather than to current version live values.
They quoted "mid-october" for the media tour, which seems too follow the point after the NDA lifts...

I hope Rich and Asmon don't get into it... would just seem odd..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's a media tour, they have traditional media(PC Gamer, Kotaku and all that stuff) and also invite community figures of various types, including high end raiders but also people who run some websites, random popular twitch streamers and so on. Rich Campbell is confirmed, Asmongold I don't think he confirmed yet, but it's advertising. Doesn't really matter or diminish the amount of info we'll get regardless, it's not like they're inviting them over other people.

And as I mentionned, the NDA is on the 13th, so the tour happens before that. Could be the week before or so, would make sense to usually give them a few days to prepare material(articles, videos and such) before lifting the NDA.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Asmond is a better story than Rich. Rich was easily convinced. Asmondgold represents the very real contingent of westerners who can't get over the 'weeb aesthetic' and enjoy the game. Asmon was convinced to play and eventually fell to the dark side.

I'm sure it's not what vg EB posters would want, but there is a very real group of people who are turned off initially by the final fantasy aesthetic and never even gave it a chance.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Asmond is a better story than Rich. Rich was easily convinced. Asmondgold represents the very real contingent of westerners who can't get over the 'weeb aesthetic' and enjoy the game. Asmon was convinced to play and eventually fell to the dark side.

I'm sure it's not what vg EB posters would want, but there is a very real group of people who are turned off initially by the final fantasy aesthetic and never even gave it a chance.
Rich is soy
Asmon is lean meat

Cybsled

Asmon has a lot of shit going on in his personal life atm with his mom (was hospitalized and on oxygen at home based on his tweets - given the fact he also banned the COPIUM emote from his chat for some time now (Pepe using an oxygen mask) and has confirmed his mom is a smoker, I wouldn't be shocked if it was some advanced COPD-type condition), although I think someone confirmed that YoshiP did want to talk to him

They win if they have any traditional WoW streamer play and get involved in the community. It was like when people were bitching about the Black Chocobo event and how some of the streamers picked were traditional WoW streamers - well no shit. If you are Pepsi and want to advertise to grow market share, you try to convince Coke drinkers, not people who already drink Pepsi.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Asmon has a lot of shit going on in his personal life atm with his mom (was hospitalized and on oxygen at home based on his tweets - given the fact he also banned the COPIUM emote from his chat for some time now (Pepe using an oxygen mask) and has confirmed his mom is a smoker, I wouldn't be shocked if it was some advanced COPD-type condition), although I think someone confirmed that YoshiP did want to talk to him

They win if they have any traditional WoW streamer play and get involved in the community. It was like when people were bitching about the Black Chocobo event and how some of the streamers picked were traditional WoW streamers - well no shit. If you are Pepsi and want to advertise to grow market share, you try to convince Coke drinkers, not people who already drink Pepsi.

Why does yoshiP want to talk to him? I haven't watched the stream in a while. It's pretty crazy how legit addicted he got though. Dude does genuinely love the game. I think the wow raiders doing progression also mostly love it too. Lol I love it, RIP Blizz.

Cybsled

My understanding was because he just wants to get his input/talk shop/etc

If anything, it helps gauge why people are dumping WoW so they can avoid the same pitfalls

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
We already have a pretty good idea why ppl are dumping WoW(even before all the lawsuit stuff came out, it was already happening)

The only thing I'm interested in from Media-tour is the over all class changes, while we did get some small info from the LL as usual it wasn't excalty everything...

I don't really care what Rich or Asmon have too say.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
We already have a pretty good idea why ppl are dumping WoW(even before all the lawsuit stuff came out, it was already happening)

The only thing I'm interested in from Media-tour is the over all class changes, while we did get some small info from the LL as usual it wasn't excalty everything...

I don't really care what Rich or Asmon have too say.
Well lucky for you, you don't have to listen to what they have to say? I don't get the complaints that's like complaining there's gonna be french/german/japanese guys over there even though you don't speak the languages. Everyone there is going to report on the game and you can just watch/read what you want, doesn't matter who else is there.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm starting to think people really care about what asmon has to say since they can't stop telling us they don't care what he has to say every fucking time his name comes up.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I hope Rich and Asmon don't get into it... would just seem odd..
Gatekeeping is just weird.

They are big/popular FF14 streamers, why wouldn't they be invited? We hate sprouts now?

Both of them doing the MSQ has been very entertaining, was incredible seeing Rich reach Amerout and beat 5.0.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Invite 'em all, I say. It's weird how much some people don't want Asmon or Rich included in anything FFXIV.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In levelling new jobs I've taken my eye off gearing my current 80s. Thought I'd catch up on the MSQ before EW and discovered I need to be 490 for an instance and I'm sat at 480 on everyone.

Could buy gear but it'll clear me out and seems pointless when the gear will be redundant in a little over a month.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In levelling new jobs I've taken my eye off gearing my current 80s. Thought I'd catch up on the MSQ before EW and discovered I need to be 490 for an instance and I'm sat at 480 on everyone.

Could buy gear but it'll clear me out and seems pointless when the gear will be redundant in a little over a month.
Well actually closer to 2months, Nov 19th. If you do a hunt train for like an hour you'll cap tomes and be able to afford 2 or 3 accessories depending on how many you have, as well as a ton of the old tomes which should buy you several 490 pieces. Can do it via dungeons/roulettes/whatever too but a hunt train would be the fastest way to get it done.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Yup, MSQ roulette cutscenes are mandatory and can’t be skipped. They did that because new players kept getting fucked over. To sweeten the deal, you get like over half a level in xp and a fuckload of tomes. For time invested, you can’t beat it really. It just gets boring after a bit - I just tab out and browse during the monologues

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I heard if you change to Japanese voices, the cutscenes are shorter and you can kill the bosses / trash while the english people are still watching. Haven't tested it though.