Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Was 100% sure I was going to go Reaper tomorrow, but man the positional updates to Monk are really pretty appealing to me and remove that extra annoyance that bogged down a class I really like aesthetically. Decisions decisions..... My current main, SAM is getting additional positionals as well making this pretty tough. Bard actually looks cool as well with song updates.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What do you mean SAM positionnals, I'm not seeing any change?

Edit: I guess they changed Gekko and Kasha mechanics, but they were already positionals? Like they've always been positionals ever since the class was added, they just switched it from adding more Kenki to having more potency(same results but less kenki spam).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got the MSQ dont last night, think I finished around 12:45, was close :p Unlocked those beast dailies you guys talked about for the snake/turtles when there was trouble with the duty finder(I was queued for a solo dungeon MSQ with the trust and it took an hour and 20 minutes till it popped).

Will see how reaper goes. I had no time to do that tails book, but lots of challenge logs to do and will just queue for duties while finding where people are doing fates to 71. Not sure 100% to do about gear. I didn't max currencies(no time) but have a decent mount, but I also have all the coffers from doing MSQ. I was thinking just use those on reaper as it levels and then use what currency I have @ 80. Not sure I could afford a full set of that 510 crafted stuff for reaper, I had to buy a piece last night to meet ilvl req for last dungeon and it was 150k(they were 60-70k just the day before), I expect demand for "maiming" will be high too.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I was a dumbass and completely forgot to finish the omega and Eden raids. Thankfully dodged the duty finder issues last night and plowed sigma and alphascapes. Sadly still missing E9-12, so missing some lore there. Will have to find a quick TLDR on it before tomorrow. Wasn’t able to finish leveling the Bard and RDM to 80, either. Oh well.

Have to finish up a shitton of work tomorrow and have a loan meeting for a house, but got all next week off to relax and MSQ.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got the MSQ dont last night, think I finished around 12:45, was close :p Unlocked those beast dailies you guys talked about for the snake/turtles when there was trouble with the duty finder(I was queued for a solo dungeon MSQ with the trust and it took an hour and 20 minutes till it popped).

Will see how reaper goes. I had no time to do that tails book, but lots of challenge logs to do and will just queue for duties while finding where people are doing fates to 71. Not sure 100% to do about gear. I didn't max currencies(no time) but have a decent mount, but I also have all the coffers from doing MSQ. I was thinking just use those on reaper as it levels and then use what currency I have @ 80. Not sure I could afford a full set of that 510 crafted stuff for reaper, I had to buy a piece last night to meet ilvl req for last dungeon and it was 150k(they were 60-70k just the day before), I expect demand for "maiming" will be high too.
Book will be available until next tuesday AND can be turned next week too(books last for 2weeks). Likely worth doing though since it's half a level for a fairly short amount of time if you use your lvl 80 and unsync, you won't beat it doing anything else I think. Also the book gives a bunch of poetics to buy 530 gear with so you should be able to fix your ilvl pretty easily. I wouldn't bother buying anything, and also vendors will have like i490 or 500 or whatever so unless the exarchic stuff you find on the market is cheaper than the white gear from vendors, definitely don't invest since that gear's gonna be useless 3levels later anyway, just buy some vendor gear to fix your ilvl and go through EW MSQ. Hell the EW MSQ itself will likely be raining down some HQ coffers on you so you really just need enough to enter the first dungeon in the MSQ, which is likely to be pretty low req.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
BRD changes look pretty nice. Excited for it. Didn't get done everything I wanted to in prep, but got a lot of it. Inventory prep was actually way easier. Junked a lot of stuff I'm pretty sure I won't need. Crazy we're only 7.5 hours away. I plan to sleep at least a little bit, but want to be up by 3-330 to be ready to go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Patch is up for download btw. In case you run into the error message about version mismatch, go to My Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn and edit FFXIV_BOOT.cfg with Notepad, then change BootVersionCheckMode 0 to 1 and launch it again, it'll force download the new patcher.

Seeing as how it's only 4.8gb or something, there's probably gonna be another patch later.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's likely just the ex.dat files for all the shit that is changing in the base game; I don't think any assets/etc have been put up. Some reddit thread I glanced at mentioned 10pm ET-1am ET for the start time of when the actual expac download is available

Goonsquad Officer
I hope they have alien environments. Floating plants. Walkable water.

• 1Worf

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
BRD changes look pretty nice. Excited for it. Didn't get done everything I wanted to in prep, but got a lot of it. Inventory prep was actually way easier. Junked a lot of stuff I'm pretty sure I won't need. Crazy we're only 7.5 hours away. I plan to sleep at least a little bit, but want to be up by 3-330 to be ready to go.

Yeah, i'm between BRD and PLD for Endwalker but plan on leveling up a SMN from scratch on the side.

• 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I’m on the fence about BLM or RDM. Played BLM since ARR so it’s my most comfortable job. But I’m trying to get my buddies to do extremes and savage when they come out. Leaning toward RDM so I can res on our progress stuff. Only played RDM in Palace, HOH, and Zadnor though. Not sure I’m as good at it as I am BLM. It has a res though and I’m leaning that way.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Too much habit, always forget I have actual internet now ... no more 6hr download per major patch... 20mins now .. so far rofl

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was a dumbass and completely forgot to finish the omega and Eden raids. Thankfully dodged the duty finder issues last night and plowed sigma and alphascapes. Sadly still missing E9-12, so missing some lore there. Will have to find a quick TLDR on it before tomorrow. Wasn’t able to finish leveling the Bard and RDM to 80, either. Oh well.

Have to finish up a shitton of work tomorrow and have a loan meeting for a house, but got all next week off to relax and MSQ.
Eden:
Two main plot theads:
1) Eden can restore the destroyed world by releasing the trapped elements, via defeating your memories of the primals in places on The First that used to be attuned to each element. By the end this has worked and the empty is flourishing with rain and plant life.

2) Eden itself is the Ascian Mitron who was overcome by the flood of light and transformed into a Sin Eater. Mitron was in love with the Ascian Lohgrif who was sent to The First to rejoin it, the flood was triggered by Ardbert killing Lohgrif.

Lohgrif was reincarnated as Gaia (White Auracite was not used to kill her), by defeating Eden Prime, Mitron is freed and is now trying to activate Gaia's Ascian memories to bring Lohgrif back.

The final boss is Mitron and Lohgrif merging into an Ascian Prime (like Lahabrea and Igerhom did in Heavensward). You kill Mitron and free Gaia. Mitron is revealed to have the true name Artemis, the Ascian names are just titles and their true names are greek god names (Hades/Artemis/Gaia are the only ones known).

Side note, Igerhom fucked up rejoining The Thirteenth which was destroyed by the flood of darkness and at the moment can't be rejoined, we travelled there in the 3rd Crystal Tower raid and it's where the voidsent are coming from. Lohgrif similarily fucked up rejoining The First in the same way, luckily for the Ascians, Minfillia stopped it from being destroyed.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Screenshot_20211203-071546_PSPlay.jpg

Checking in on my phone while travelling to work to make sure patch is dowbloaded... I have a free period later but it's going to be unplayable on a phone.