Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Well I am quickly logging back in and it takes less than 15 seconds. However I get 2002'ed 5+ times each times before it re-queues me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
The other thing that is driving home how worthless they are about this, no responses at all on social media. No updates, nothing. One statement 3 days ago, and silence.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The other thing that is driving home how worthless they are about this, no responses at all on social media. No updates, nothing. One statement 3 days ago, and silence.

Have you tried my method (which since I have been using it, haven't had a single 2002 error in 3 logins)

Don't leave the queue unattended. Have it open on your 2nd monitor. Anytime the queue timer resets to the middle, focus the window and drag the box with the queue somewhere else in the screen. Then when it resets back to the middle on update, drag it again.

My theory is when the login queue hits max, the most afk people are booted first. This method keeps you active every minute. Or could be voodoo, who knows.

• 1Like

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Anyway. This is my new limit, 5 hours of trying now since I got off work, and I am just playing log in to boot yourself off.
I really enjoyed the game prior to this expansion launch too.
The few MSQ quests I did yesterday (maybe 35ish), when I was actually in the game, were however extremely lame and well below even their low from ARR. So maybe it's for the best if this expansion is going to be worse than ARR.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Were I'm working we are having issues getting hardware at all, and were offering 5x market value(and a full year of contracts on *hold* till we get it)..

I know Yoshi said that they got some much needed funding and were wanting too spend the money on more infrastructure, but there in the same boat my company is car companies are buying up every single second of production time on all lines.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Have you tried my method (which since I have been using it, haven't had a single 2002 error in 3 logins)

Don't leave the queue unattended. Have it open on your 2nd monitor. Anytime the queue timer resets to the middle, focus the window and drag the box with the queue somewhere else in the screen. Then when it resets back to the middle on update, drag it again.

My theory is when the login queue hits max, the most afk people are booted first. This method keeps you active every minute. Or could be voodoo, who knows.
Will give it a try. If it fails though I think I will just play some MTGArena to ease my pain...;-)

• 1Picard

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Will give it a try. If it fails though I think I will just play some MTGArena to ease my pain...;-)

I errored out of a bunch of queues then went through a 6500 queue and 2 smaller queues without a hiccup by doing this. It would explain why people tend to error out more the longer they wait in the queue, or after about 10 minutes if they never touch it after queuing.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
7af.png

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I errored out of a bunch of queues then went through a 6500 queue and 2 smaller queues without a hiccup by doing this. It would explain why people tend to error out more the longer they wait in the queue, or after about 10 minutes if they never touch it after queuing.
It failed. Went maybe 10 times before it errored out. Thanks for trying to help.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck them and their 2002 error. At least get your queue's working right.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At 430 am yesterday morning (basically 30 minutes after servers went live, I dealt with about 6 2002's. Then the first queue I got in (4400) I got 2002'd, but immediately was able to get back into it and it put me back in my place. Haven't had a 2002 since. Maybe some issues certain people are having? Workarounds somewhere? Played like 12 hours total yesterday and aside from short afks probably a good 10-11 hours today.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Haven’t encountered the 2002 at all on my end. Friday morning, had a 3700 queue and just left it while I was working and it went all the way through. Had a 900 this morning and left it while I went for a shower and breakfast and also went through without ever touching it. Will see how it is tonight when I get home during prime time.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Most of the Japan DC servers have no queue so I just guest on one of those. I'll return to my main server once the queue on it dies down in a weeks time or whenever.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
For the first trial my group got it to 1% after a whole hour learning the fight, it's as hard as a normal raid.

Second group I put a mark on myself and led them through it, first try I fucked up and got everyone knocked off the platform and they almost kicked me. Second try was perfect and I got all 7 commendations!

There's also a healer shortage to the point of the queues being 30 mins.

I am STUNNED by what this boss was by the way. I have no idea what's happening in this game anymore.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
YoshiP just stabbed himself in the stomach with a tanto live on stream as penance for the queue issues.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users