Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I let my sub lapse before the Xpac landed. No way I was going to subject myself to this sort of torture.
I guess it's the perfect storm. Interest in the game like never before, shiny new expansion, and the competition has completely and utterly shit the bed.

Just going to wait it out until the fuss is over, however long that takes. Yoshi P always looks like he never gets enough sleep... must be running on fumes now.
Yea it's not a bad idea to wait a month. Unless you want to prog raids with the "cool" people.

Been lucky getting in to the eu servers by logging in at 9am. But during the week I get home 2:45pm at the earliest and will probably have long queue by then.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
To stay in game?

For the queue, at least for me, moving around the window or having that window active doesn't seem to help or hinder. I get 2002 either way and have to babysit it to keep my place.

the new information is that the client refreshes the queue connection every 15 minutes. When this happens if the total queue for the DC is above 17k, it's possible that a new connection will take your spot while you are refreshing. Then you get 2002.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the new information is that the client refreshes the queue connection every 15 minutes. When this happens if the total queue for the DC is above 17k, it's possible that a new connection will take your spot while you are refreshing. Then you get 2002.

weird. I've left it alone and only bothered if I saw the 2002 to login back in and I've also moved the stupid window every time it moves, either way I got that dumb ass 2002 error. Didn't seem to matter much for me. But who knows, the whole 2002 thing is silly. Just let me queue and come back when its done. Babysitting is annoying.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yea it's not a bad idea to wait a month. Unless you want to prog raids with the "cool" people.
If you at all care about the story you need to play ASAP or you may be spoiled. This shit's bonkers, in a good way.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

If you at all care about the story you need to play ASAP or you may be spoiled. This shit's bonkers, in a good way.
Yea I will try get the msq done. Just got to garlemald and so far it's been pretty light-hearted. I guess that will change soon.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
weird. I've left it alone and only bothered if I saw the 2002 to login back in and I've also moved the stupid window every time it moves, either way I got that dumb ass 2002 error. Didn't seem to matter much for me. But who knows, the whole 2002 thing is silly. Just let me queue and come back when its done. Babysitting is annoying.

yeah I don't think there's anything we can do on our end. It's all about how many people are in the queue and how lucky you are.

Aazrael

So if I understand correctly the 2002 happens more if there's a really large queue?

Say a 500-1000 queue should not trigger it (as likely) or did I misunderstand it?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
So if I understand correctly the 2002 happens more if there's a really large queue?

Say a 500-1000 queue should not trigger it (as likely) or did I misunderstand it?

its 17k per datacentre, not per server, so its everyone in Aether combined

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
God. Can’t fuckin YouTube or google anything about the server issues without getting hit with spoilers. If you’re going to tag your YouTube video as spoilers, why put tiles on it that fucking spoil anyone that sees it?
on excal I get stuck at the same queue spot for like 10-15 mins at a time, it’s terrible. After an hour now I’ve only moved 2k spots. 2002’ing every 30 mins or so

• 1Solidarity

Otto

Ooooof! 43 in line then hit with the 2002 error again. Getting the 2002 error trying to connect to my data center now.. Guess I'll go clean my garage or something.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone know if there's a grace period if I force close the client? I have no sound effects and it's really messing with me, since I keep thinking voice is missing from cutscenes too.

Malkav

French Madman
Currently in the queue for the final trial. Man, what a ride.

But, god, getting stuck in a 20+min queue for the final boss at the purest hype moment is pain. Especially at 1am lol.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know if there's a grace period if I force close the client? I have no sound effects and it's really messing with me, since I keep thinking voice is missing from cutscenes too.
Slight, if any.

I wanna say you have like 5 minutes MAX from a 2002.

I'm using XIVlauncher with 0 plugins so it saves the pass and account name and auto launches the game when you launch the launcher.

then I spam NUMPAD 0 til I see character pop up and then brifly a loading screen map. then stop spamming numkey 0

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Slight, if any.

I wanna say you have like 5 minutes MAX from a 2002.

I'm using XIVlauncher with 0 plugins so it saves the pass and account name and auto launches the game when you launch the launcher.

then I spam NUMPAD 0 til I see character pop up and then brifly a loading screen map. then stop spamming numkey 0

No I mean from in game. Not from the queue.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Alright finally done with the MSQ. It was pretty amazing, lots of unexpected shit going on, it was quite a ride. I haven't really timed it, but it felt much longer than the usual MSQ. I think I played a bit over 50hours since launch, and while a few hours were spent doing some gathering and crafting to not waste leves and not waste ventures too much, and then a bunch of short breaks here and there cause I'm getting old, pretty sure it still adds up to 45+ hours of MSQ. And surprisingly a lot of cutscenes are voiced, there's obviously some non voiced cutscene but a large majority was voiced for once which was great. Few scenes that were a bit too wordy imo, but overall cool stuff, pretty crazy pace, when you think it's over there's still a bunch more. Didn't have to grind anything either, hell I was doing discovery xp/aether current sidequests on my 80s instead of my MNK cause I figured I'd waste the xp(and I did waste a bunch of 89 MSQ xp but not too much). I did have rested bonus for all my dungeon runs though but I figure even without it'd have been pretty close, better balanced than usual.

I ran into an unexpected spoiler when researching shit which annoyed me for several hours, until I ran into the place and found out it wasn't even close to the end, so that was nice.

Surprisingly, the music was good but not exceptional, although might need to revisit some areas see if the music switched from MSQ(I did NG+ ShB a bit before release and was surprised to find out some zones had different music during the MSQ than they did after). It was pretty good, but lacked some big themes like Tempest music or fun stuff like La Hee. A few of the leveling dungeons have bangers but sadly it's just lvling dungeons so I won't hear them ever again after leveling is done. Haven't checked max lvl dungeons though, maybe there's another Twinning in there.

Gonna sleep since I slept like shit the past few days and then it's leveling gathering/crafting/RPR/SCH time.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No I mean from in game. Not from the queue.
No there isn't at all. Even Ctrl alt del and killing the process still apparently forces a normal logout. Might work if you're not in a city so it tries to log out with the 20secs timer but haven't tested that.

• 1Truth!