Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
No there isn't at all. Even Ctrl alt del and killing the process still apparently forces a normal logout. Might work if you're not in a city so it tries to log out with the 20secs timer but haven't tested that.

To add to this, killing the client while trying to recover from a 2002 seems to also kick you to the back of the queue.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so this kinda sucks really....i've never not been able to play at all on game launches since like WOTLK. 8000+queue at 8:30pm EST on Gilg and I have a bedtime of like 10:30pm to be up at 5am for work. God this fucking sucks. I bet it takes at least two hours to knock off even half this....i think I'm done for a while. I literally do not have time for the crazy queue launches like I did 10-12 years ago.

My estimates says 8000+ is about a 7+ hour queue based on how its dropping as I watch it.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
so this kinda sucks really....i've never not been able to play at all on game launches since like WOTLK. 8000+queue at 8:30pm EST on Gilg and I have a bedtime of like 10:30pm to be up at 5am for work. God this fucking sucks. I bet it takes at least two hours to knock off even half this....i think I'm done for a while. I literally do not have time for the crazy queue launches like I did 10-12 years ago.

My estimates says 8000+ is about a 7+ hour queue based on how its dropping as I watch it.

About 3 hours for me to go from 7.7k to 1.2k. Not quite that bad, but yeah.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
One of the best thing was to chill out with this guy. I have to do the dungeon with the 3 of them must be a riot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Okay, wife got kicked due to 3001.

She is stuck now at 697 and literally has not moved queue position in 20-30 minutes. Anyone have any experience on what to do for that shit?

Goonsquad Officer
I haven't seen as many loafers in main towns....but I see a ton of folks sitting in quest hubs. I think everyone is just staying in and mouse jiggling or botting. They are just spread out

Last edited:

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Only luck I’ve had is 7-8 AM login while working. My employer won’t be getting a good return this week

Chris

Potato del Grande
One of the best thing was to chill out with this guy. I have to do the dungeon with the 3 of them must be a riot.
The dungeon queues being so long is on purpose to 3D chess force you to do the dungeons with trust NPCs.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
The dungeon queues being so long is on purpose to 3D chess force you to do the dungeons with trust NPCs.
I don't mind the trust NPCs. Especially in new dungeons, they follow mechanics pretty well and thats useful when you have never seen it. Plus I get all the loot.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Without spoilers, I'm level 88 in the 5th zone currently. Right now I can't say if this won't be the greatest game I've ever played, or a mad tale they have no way of tying up in a satisfying way. I never would have been able to predict where this went in a million years, though.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Going to try staying logged on today while I'm at work. In game right now after a 32 person queue and will try Remote Desktop and click something every 25mins.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Going to try staying logged on today while I'm at work. In game right now after a 32 person queue and will try Remote Desktop and click something every 25mins.
Anyway to stay logged in without having to manually click some shit?

Cause I'm in but I have to go to sleep

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Without spoilers, I'm level 88 in the 5th zone currently. Right now I can't say if this won't be the greatest game I've ever played, or a mad tale they have no way of tying up in a satisfying way. I never would have been able to predict where this went in a million years, though.

If you had asked the entire player base where this was going back in ARR, not a single one would have come up with the evil mind reading space robots answer.

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyway to stay logged in without having to manually click some shit?

Cause I'm in but I have to go to sleep
I don't think any of the afk tricks works. Maybe try make a keyboard/mouse macro that uses an ability every 20mins.

Edit: Seems to be working spamming a few AoEs with anydesk. Still in game an hour later.

Last edited:

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
What i tried to say is that you spend time in an zone with some awesome NPC, and they are not the usual trust. It was amazing to see that. But i didn't play with them yet in dungeon. Don't believe those who say to play tank, it is still, at least until sages level up, healers that are fast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Set up an autohotkey script that hits the 'w' key every minute (60000) - then, hit enter into a chat window. You will type w's endlessly, but it won't log you out.

Went afk for like 6 hours earlier on Sunday because fuuuuuuck dealing with 9k queues when I can actually play after passing out on Gilg. Worked without issue. But make sure you are not doing other shit or changing focus, as if you miss the logout timer, you are fubar.

Code:
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
F12::
    toggle:=!toggle
    While toggle{
      Send w
      Sleep 60000
    }
Return

You hit f12 (after starting autohotkey) to start the script, and f12 to stop it.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users