Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
SE will fix this.
Had to:

tumblr_m5hdkg74yc1rqtrzlo1_500.jpg

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone know of a macro (like auto hotkey) to click synthesize and then click a FF14 macro to craft something?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know of a macro (like auto hotkey) to click synthesize and then click a FF14 macro to craft something?
I just edited the login autohotkey one. Just have to go into that one mode and record the mouse position and then just fill those is in the place of the ones for the login script.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Dear Yoshida,

Crafting and gathering sucks dick. This is 2013. Take your system, your retainers and instead them being genied out of a bottle, SWTOR them so those lazy ass NPCs can earn their keep. They can even be a source of quests, story shit, etc. They have gear slots. Do this yesterday.

Beef

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crafting is fine imo, its actually interesting with all the cross skills and the dance between quality, condition etc.

Gathering on the other hand I agree with. But i'm not sure where you blur the line between making just super easy to max with no effort or too long and tedious.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Dear Yoshida,

Crafting and gathering sucks dick. This is 2013. Take your system, your retainers and instead them being genied out of a bottle, SWTOR them so those lazy ass NPCs can earn their keep. They can even be a source of quests, story shit, etc. They have gear slots. Do this yesterday.

Beef
I agree on the gathering, but I love the crafting system. Not sure what's wrong with it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How fucking long does it take to bring a server back up?

And yeah, gathering sucks dick. Crafting I find fun for breaking up the grinds.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
THat's the whole point, its not 1 button push and done. It's better then the usual crafting. If you are not looking to maximize exp/quality, you can macro quite a bit of it, to reduce the overly burdensome clicking you are experiencing. But if you want to make sure you HQ or get the most exp per combine, you need to react to conditions etc.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Crafting would bealrightif they'd reduce the amount of clicking by 9000%.
You can. Just put a synth on button 1 and mash it. Just don't expect to HQ anything that way. Or, make something manually, then just quick synth everything. You'll fail 10% of the time, though. Or, just macro everything like cinge said -- the game itself supports this.

But if you want to make a good craft, then you need to work on it.

Edit: Server is up btw.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
Crafting would bealrightif they'd reduce the amount of clicking by 9000%.
You can create a simple 8-step macro for the basic synth materials that make up the bulk of levelling. One click and then sit back for 25 seconds for max quality/xp. If I could get into the game right now I would copy/paste the one i use.

spronk

FPS noob
you can make a macro and then make a ahk macro that just slams that button. i have 4-5 ahk macros depending on how complicated i'm going for, for example converting 1000 mythril ore to ingots can be done over 3 hours with a 4-5 step ahk macro. here's a sample one that actually goes in and selects HQ mats (the numpad8, 6, etc stuff) but you have to basically tweak it for the specific item you are cranking out. keep in mind after 2 hours or so your gear will all be broken and you will need to repair

You never know when shit will fail so basically make sure you do enough steps so that you never hit 0 dura and actually enough craft buttons to make the item. The above one is more complicated than you'll need at the beginning, can just be a simple 1 button spam but the more "steps" you take the better XP per item. I leveled GSM just from a few stacks of a few things, looping hundreds and hundreds of times (ore->ingot is the best). Sure you can get 100k levees, but also 900k loops that run for 3 hours.

I thought about making an actual java app that is a bit more complex and can detect crafting conditions and repair by itself, but then i realized this game pretty much sucks and I won't be playing that much longer.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a hard time seeing the longevity of the game past a month, especially if your already 50 or close to it, at least as it stands at this point. End game raiders are just going to get bored quickly and I can see non-raiders getting burned out on fate grinding while leveling alt classes. I like the game but once you burn through the story once, most of everything else feels like mindless grind.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
Ever since they fixed AK speed runs I've started to feel a bit burnt out on my Dragoon. I realized that I will need 36 more Castrum runs, at about an hour each if you include queue time, to finish out my Darklight armor. I don't really blame them for fixing it but It's frustrating knowing I could have saved a lot of time if I had gotten 50 a few days earlier.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
There will never be a new MMO that can appease the hardcore for more than a month. They can't generate content fast enough - you should all quit MMOs now.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Ever since they fixed AK speed runs I've started to feel a bit burnt out on my Dragoon. I realized that I will need 36 more Castrum runs, at about an hour each if you include queue time, to finish out my Darklight armor. I don't really blame them for fixing it but It's frustrating knowing I could have saved a lot of time if I had gotten 50 a few days earlier.
You don't need full DL.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can we just settle this once and for all?

You should have full DLarmor. Accessories? Fuck 'em if you weren't able to finish with AK speed runs.