Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Goonsquad Officer
Maybe this is crazy but I think they will make the MSQ optional, or have like… MSQ-2 (post hyd and zodiark adventures) and MSQ-1 will be optional. When I started and had to do ARR + HW it was bad, but ARR HW SB SHB EW is so much stuff if you just want to raid. I think this probably wouldn’t happen until 7.0 through. And maybe I’m kidding myself and their solution is the already-existing store boosts.
yea i bet they'll make a second story arc that you can start at level 1 and then do one or the other. along with new classes so you can enjoy getting those to cap. it's how guildwars 1 did it. three expansions. all 'started' at level 1. and the content got you to cap like...halfway through, where you step in with old characters from the other. though guildwars 1 was a wacky ass game by mmo standards.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So putting sylas on ignore and reading the last few pages of comments gives a pretty honest and consistent description of the quests in ff14.

Not having him on ignore though is rather grating and drags out the conversation unnecessarily.

I highly recommend skipping the sylas portion of the ff14 thread dialog. Hopefully the devs will see this recommendation when it comes time to streamline the content.

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
If you don't read all of the sylas posts, you won't understand the callbacks on page 1586.

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guys just farming dislikes. He should take his autism to the politics forum and he’s instant asshat of the year material

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yea i bet they'll make a second story arc that you can start at level 1 and then do one or the other. along with new classes so you can enjoy getting those to cap. it's how guildwars 1 did it. three expansions. all 'started' at level 1. and the content got you to cap like...halfway through, where you step in with old characters from the other. though guildwars 1 was a wacky ass game by mmo standards.
ESO does this as well. You can start at level 1 in whatever current_expansion is and have a complete story/leveling experience. you can also go back and do other expansions if you want.

Cybsled

Yoshi P has talked about a possible alternative starting experience at some point, although didn’t give details.

Trying to retroactively make the early expansions solo only friendly makes me think they could eventually squeeze in an expedited experience. Kind of like in Lost Ark where you do a power pass and Beatrice makes you run through a recap of major plot points.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yoshi P has talked about a possible alternative starting experience at some point, although didn’t give details.

Trying to retroactively make the early expansions solo only friendly makes me think they could eventually squeeze in an expedited experience. Kind of like in Lost Ark where you do a power pass and Beatrice makes you run through a recap of major plot points.
It would be tricky but this is what I would like to see.

The problem is that expansion 1 of the new story has to be lv1-80 otherwise if it's like lv1-50 then new players will do new story then Heavensward without context or just grinding dungeons 50-80.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
They really should put together a "previously on" type recap cutscene for people to watch who want to skip straight into the latest content, although I did really enjoy the entire ARR->Endwalker storyline (I started with endwalker so did it all btb). I think for people who dont give a fuck it should be an option.

Cybsled

It would be tricky but this is what I would like to see.

The problem is that expansion 1 of the new story has to be lv1-80 otherwise if it's like lv1-50 then new players will do new story then Heavensward without context or just grinding dungeons 50-80.

I suppose it remains to be seen how much of a reset button post-EW ends up being.

If they eventually get enough content, they could let you start post EW

Goonsquad Officer
interested to see what they do in any case. their kind of fluid freedom generally means you won't be locked into something weird.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I don't think they will "let you start post-EW" as in like... you won't be able to queue for EW raids or get those in roulettes until you have done ARR, HW, SB, SHB, and EW. I think MSQ 2.0 would be some new thing, as in, when 7.0 hits:

MSQ 1 stays as is. To do UCOB you still have to beat neo exdeath stormblood savage tier, MSQ 1 dungeons are all the stuff we have now, etc etc. You'd still be able to experience the hydalyn & zodiark ark.

MSQ 2 is some new story. The raid tiers in 7.x will be at the end of this new story.

A new player can do MSQ 2 and get to the endgame raids of that expansion without doing all the old MSQ 1 stuff (but it is a bunch of content they can go through in their spare time if they so desire / want to eventually do old ultimates, etc).

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just started Heavensward. Is the MSQ going to be more interactive this expansion or will I still be teleporting all over the place to have conversations only to return to the original person to have yet another conversation?

Last edited:

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
Just started Heavensward. Is the MSQ going to be more interactive this expansion or will I still be teleporting all over the place to have conversations only to return to the original person to have yet another conversation?
Yes

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I hated that shit in ARR but I really enjoyed Heavensward, helps that there are only 6 zones which don't overlap in level that much, so you stay in one zone more often instead of bouncing around.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
i think HW isn't as much a zigzag. aside from returning to ishgard a few times. it's the story of a journey through the zones

Chris

Potato del Grande
i think HW isn't as much a zigzag. aside from returning to ishgard a few times. it's the story of a journey through the zones
Also it's fucking ISHGARD, you get to see that epic architecture and listen to the soundtrack.