niceCock.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I'm laughing and also facepalming a bit. Apparently back in feb the creator of XIV launcher got on the "Ukraine is victim" bandwagon and edited the launcher to do some things to people who have "Russian" set as their language:

Cybsled

Reddit is full of posts with the housing lotto - apparently whoever coded it left in '0' as a possible result, so people who were literally the only entry were losing because the system rolled a 0

That seems like a pretty big oversight lol

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Also, RIP no house for me. What happens after with them now if say no one picks up a plot? Also, if I get an apartment, can I try for a house later if one opens up?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Also, RIP no house for me. What happens after with them now if say no one picks up a plot? Also, if I get an apartment, can I try for a house later if one opens up?

You can have house + apartment no problem(Apartment is a really small space though..)

there seems too be some kind of cool down on the plot being re-lotto'd.. plot I wanted rolled a 0 but fuck now it's just stuck in "unavail"

Last edited:

Cybsled

They posted some tweets on their JP and NA accounts, acknowledging the issue and investigating it. They're usually pretty good about fixing these sorts of things, so I suspect we will hear more in the next couple days

As for what you can own, per account you can own 1 apartment, 1 FC room, 1 personal house, and if you have sufficient rank in a FC, technically you could own a FC house as well.

After a lotto cycle concludes, there is a 4 day results period, then the next lotto opens up. Although with this bug, they could temporarily change.

Zish

Trakanon Raider
So how did EQ2 get it right back in 2004 and these guys still get it so stupendously wrong now?
I wonder this all the time. EQ2 had one of the most amazing housing systems, and they only managed to improve it over time.
  • Housing items as rewards throughout the game world, allowing you to show off items and various achievements you've obtained.
  • The ability to own as many different houses as you want.
  • The vast difference in housing options available. From one-room apartment, to a snowy cottage on a lake, to an entire overworld island. Even some dungeon/raid instances were turned into player houses.
  • Not to mention the customization of placing your items. Rotate, lift, pitch, enlarge, shrink.. they gave you full access to go completely wild. You could even make your own houses out of the items available to you.
In later years, they even added a whole system where you could vote on houses and show yours off.. which sounds to me like it would fit perfectly into XIV.

The only downside compared to XIV would be no overworld neighborhoods.. but is that even an issue? The ones they have now are totally empty in the first place.

The EQ2 system is perfect, and it's a shame that other games aren't taking more inspiration from that.

Goonsquad Officer
So how did EQ2 get it right back in 2004 and these guys still get it so stupendously wrong now?
Square has a nuclear case of not invented here syndrome. They literally made 14 use in house janky tools and engines because they were made with pride. They make heaps of retarded systems even while other successful mmos do better.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It has nothing too do with the fact that it was a promised left over from 1.0, and they had too fight the servers hard just too get up what they had when they released housing in 2.1.

But at the start only FC's could only get housing, they've been expanding it slowly as capacity allows...

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Reddit is full of posts with the housing lotto - apparently whoever coded it left in '0' as a possible result, so people who were literally the only entry were losing because the system rolled a 0
Yep, I was the only entrant and it rolled a 0, didn't win. Now I have to wait for the award cycle to finish so I can bid again and pray.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Goin through raids I never did and man are the coil of bahamuts weird. One is literally a jumping puzzle with some mobs in-between.

• 1Worf

Xerge

<Donor>
I wonder this all the time. EQ2 had one of the most amazing housing systems, and they only managed to improve it over time.
  • Housing items as rewards throughout the game world, allowing you to show off items and various achievements you've obtained.
  • The ability to own as many different houses as you want.
  • The vast difference in housing options available. From one-room apartment, to a snowy cottage on a lake, to an entire overworld island. Even some dungeon/raid instances were turned into player houses.
  • Not to mention the customization of placing your items. Rotate, lift, pitch, enlarge, shrink.. they gave you full access to go completely wild. You could even make your own houses out of the items available to you.
In later years, they even added a whole system where you could vote on houses and show yours off.. which sounds to me like it would fit perfectly into XIV.

The only downside compared to XIV would be no overworld neighborhoods.. but is that even an issue? The ones they have now are totally empty in the first place.

The EQ2 system is perfect, and it's a shame that other games aren't taking more inspiration from that.
Elderscrolls online???

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
You can have house + apartment no problem(Apartment is a really small space though..)

there seems too be some kind of cool down on the plot being re-lotto'd.. plot I wanted rolled a 0 but fuck now it's just stuck in "unavail"
The lottery system is:
  1. 5 days to bid on plots
  2. Roll occurs
  3. 4 days to come back to the plot to check if you won, and claim it (or recover your money)
  4. Loops back
So, in theory, you'd have 4 days until the next batch (including the unclaimed ones) goes back on sale... except they're extending that period until it's found and fixed.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Eq2 Housing is all instanced and literally everyone's exterior housing is literally he same building. The nice thing about FF14 is the fact that there are actual neightbourhoods with each house actually existing including having an outdoors. the bad part is just how few of them they are vs number of players.

• 1Like