Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh most of them are from entropy, then not surprising. Entropy was dominant for a buncha raid tiers

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I have a weird feeling that Hraesvelgr is holding back.. and we just need too survive till Nidhogg kills...

All Hraesvelgr effects are 100% opposites of what Nidhogg does ..

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kind of surprised no second clear yet. From my armchair understanding, it’s not like there’s some secret pure heart type shenanigans to puzzle out, but the bottleneck is just the sheer mechanics involved.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Kind of surprised no second clear yet. From my armchair understanding, it’s not like there’s some secret pure heart type shenanigans to puzzle out, but the bottleneck is just the sheer mechanics involved.

I think for a lot of the teams, yesterday was the last day of poopsocking and they have to go back to work (at least that is what TPS and one other group said), so progression is going to be slower. Everybody took a week off to full time it, assuming that would be enough

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Even though this used to be me it still boggles my mind to see people doing it.
I felt the same way watching. Like "I miss doing shit like this", then thinking about it and thinking, "but do I though?" lol

Experiencing the prog and race vicariously I think was enough for me, I'm too damn old now

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Might be getting a clear for japan groups cause of Gold week. But the few I know who are racing are just wanting a short day eventually just too unwind..

Might have figured out the Hraes/Nidhogg puzzle though it's basically living liquid but at a lower %, and also having too deal with Nidhogg "Mortal Bow" effect is just a headache.

will get more runs in this weekend.

Cybsled

I laughed at the cries of joy that they no longer have to poop sock the fight

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
They really got that by the skin of their teeth. Cant believe how tight that was for how clean it looked.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
finally finished Stormblood. Took 83 hours, 296 total so far. All-in-all rather shit story until 4.1 where stuff started happening. I do hope Shadowbringers is better story wise. Y'shtola is still the best waifu, Tsuyu close second. Also the blonde with proper child bearing hips had the best line in the whole expansion

ffxiv_03052022_154656_586.jpg

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
finally finished Stormblood. Took 83 hours, 296 total so far. All-in-all rather shit story until 4.1 where stuff started happening. I do hope Shadowbringers is better story wise. Y'shtola is still the best waifu, Tsuyu close second. Also the blonde with proper child bearing hips had the best line in the whole expansion

View attachment 411021
Stormbl99d is far and away the most inept storytelling 0f the whole arc. Arr is a slog but it was the first try after the abortion (safe legal and rare) that was 1.0. The post stormblood storytelling immediately improved. Frankly its baffling they did hw then wrote lyse like she was. They should know better how to do a story by then

Cybsled

On the flip side, it probably helped convince them to have ShB written primarily by one person, the person who wrote both the Doma stuff and the Omega stuff in SB (probably the two best parts)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
the whole rest of the story feels great. the only thing that typically annoys is when they spend time wrapping up old plotlines that wern't great to begin with. they do a decent job of all that though, and i liked it pretty good.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 411021

Did you make sure to do the Four Lords quest line while still in Stormblood? I loved that one.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Did you make sure to do the Four Lords quest line while still in Stormblood? I loved that one.

yep I did it. Mega ninja turtle getting pissed off being huge was hilarious. Also the 500 years joke. I did all the trials, alliance raids, dungeons etc at least once. Just to experience them. The Omega questline was good. Almost as good as the Alexander. And I wanted that fucking cat to be rewarded as a minion from Alexander. The cat was great. Also the black mini mecca-spider from Omega.

• 1Like

Cybsled

You do get the cat minion from Alexander, don’t you? Or am I confused

You def get the mini Omega minion from the final Omega boss (it’s called OMG)