Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I meant the quest reward. Omega just gave the kweh chicken, can't remember what Alexander pet even was. Do you mean the cat drops from the boss? If so then I got some farming to do

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, but I wanted that cat. And the spider. Omega just gave the kweh chicken, can't remember what Alexander pet even was

You can get the cat (black couerl) from the Gold Saucer, I believe. The spider will come as a drop from the last Omega fight (can't remember if it's guaranteed). Alexander pet is just a tiny Alexander (I believe a drop?).

Chris

Potato del Grande
yep I did it. Mega ninja turtle getting pissed off being huge was hilarious. Also the 500 years joke. I did all the trials, alliance raids, dungeons etc at least once. Just to experience them. The Omega questline was good. Almost as good as the Alexander. And I wanted that fucking cat to be rewarded as a minion from Alexander. The cat was great. Also the black mini mecca-spider from Omega.
This is good that you enjoyed it, they pay off all this subpar Stormblood stuff in Endwalker.

Crystal Tower, Alexander and Omega pay off HUGE in Shadowbringers though so you should really enjoy it. Read all the readable notes in "The Twinning" dungeon.

Shadowbringers and Endwalker is magnus opus quality shit that makes Heavensward look like a minor conflict by comparison.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Mini-OMG(which is the Omega Model from o11) is 100% drop rate from o12(Savage o12 drops Omega as a Mount)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
finally finished Stormblood. Took 83 hours, 296 total so far. All-in-all rather shit story until 4.1 where stuff started happening. I do hope Shadowbringers is better story wise. Y'shtola is still the best waifu, Tsuyu close second. Also the blonde with proper child bearing hips had the best line in the whole expansion

View attachment 411021

Pretty much everyone universally notes that post SB patch content is way better than 4.0 itself (so 4.1-4.5). ShB is just far and away superior, too, no concerns there.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I'd say storwise for me it's :
Endwalker
Shadowbringers + Heavensward tied

ARR
Stormblood

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
SHB + Endwalker kind of almost feel like 1 big expansion tbh. Won't say more than that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
Arr I always chalk up to game life support, but its also a colossal amount of world building. If they could keep the world building but smooth it out like hw shb it would be great

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Arr I always chalk up to game life support, but its also a colossal amount of world building. If they could keep the world building but smooth it out like hw shb it would be great
Agreed, if they could cut the MSQ by like 60% it would still be good and much smoother.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's cool how they keep dipping into the well of ARR to launch expansion concepts.

Blew my mind when I did the Lost City of Ampador dungeon from ARR to get a relic weapon and the enemy from the Shadowbringers trailer is the final boss. And it makes sense because it's a ruined city of light aspected mages. It's a good example of reused assets building up the lore rather than feeling cheap.

Goonsquad Officer
FF14 certainly uses every part of the buffalo. they use and re-use their assets quite well.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I gotta say that Shadowbringers has already managed to grip me more than the SB main story ever did. So far it has a very strong Hunger Games vibe to it. I just got to the decadent city. And of course the little brat chose this place so he could hang around the rich and the powerful and do no actual work.

PS on a side note I managed the get the mecca-spider minion from Omega on my (technically) 2nd try. Very pleased with that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
i want that spider but i'm always too lazy to go farm it. and shadowbringers be like that. a lot less time listening to lyse blather and a lot more well written characters.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Honestly it seems like that's their plan. Having done the end parts (Castrum, Praetorium, Ultima Weapon 4-Person Trial / new Lahabrea fight) of the ARR MSQ, the boss fights are basically Endwalker-level boss mechanics and it's a satisfying conclusion to the ARR part of the story with the Lahabrea fight.

It also sets us up later for when we

fight Nabriales later and actually get the knowledge to kill an Ascian on our own, and Hydaelyn's intervention in the new Ultima Weapon fight sets us up with 'We're badass, but not Ascian destroyers yet' which ties into the lore perfectly.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
what's the name of the plugin that "auto-clicks" the confirmation boxes? I remember seeing one a while ago but I can't remember the name

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
At the same time, it's the same shit they always say, and it literally means nothing unless they also say they're gonna start banning everyone. They should definitely add all the qol stuff from addons though, there's a lot of very obvious features that should be in the game(bubble speech, auto accept prompts, better tracking of your own debuffs and so on), he said they're working on it but if the addons can make some of these changes I don't think it'd be very hard to implement in the game.