Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

italica

Trakanon Raider
So I really only tend to come back for an expansion , level a couple of dps , a healer , and a tank to max level and do all the raids on normal. I use ACT dps meter and enjoy trying to optimize rotations and gear to max my dps. I have a ninja with basically all the best tomestone gear and 590 ilvl weapon and this is usually when I tend to stop playing.

I guess my question would be: Is savage raiding the only way to progress further once you hit this point? I'd love to upgrade my weapon but it seems you have to clear savage raid 4 pandaemonium to do this? I am too sporadic a player these days to get into a static group. Is pugging the savage raids even an option?

One non-Savage option to go above 590 weapon.
Endsinger EX weapon = 595.
P3S material drop will upgrade your 590 tomestone to 600.
P4S drops 605 weapon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
You can PuG also but be careful of traps.. they've gotten a lot worse lately cause everyone trying too be I"ma SOLO DSR HAR HAR HAR

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don't even know what the fuck is going on in EW yet outside of MSQ. I got my RDM to 90, got the AF gear and am stuck on the 6.1 part that requires you to have ilevel 560 since I am at 557. Haven't done any raids yet. Got BLM to 90. Working on SMN now so I can just get my unified casting gear instead of having 3 class sets. All DOL/DOH are 90. Slowly working my way through gear there to get to 590. Not sure I will bother with melding them as there is at least 1 more set due out. Probably 620 based on prev expac (490 sets vs 530 for dow classes). That said, it looks like the 590hq blows the shit out of the 490 pentamelded set. Which tracks. With just upgrading to simple 560hq I am ahead of the 490 pentamelded with just a few CP melds.

Right now I am just logging in to do MSQlette and set my retainers up to go level up. I should probably get back into dailies a bit so I can get the last stragglers to 80 before the new beast tribe is put in for 80-90. Once all my DOH gear is done I will probably go back and do all those epics for whenever they continue those quest lines. If nothing else, those are some baller mogs. Glowy frying pan ftw.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I liked the Omega quest they added.

I always suspected something was off with the "toy" Omega lol

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
O god the new hildy is awesome and it's just the start!

The 10, and the huge 8 cameo are awesome

Cybsled

Some pretty good laughs. I lol'd when he started to shake his ass and the Sin Eater gets scared and runs away

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Interested to see what the Omega stuff ends up being - between all the Omega/Dragon stuff in EW and now this bonus quest, I am 100% convinced they are going to bring back the Omicrons as the focus of an expansion in the future

I doubt if we'll ever see the Omnicrons,

It's stated at the start of the new questline, that Ultima Thule is actually gone according too the story with the defeat of the Endsinger. I think this is more of finding out that yes, Omega is still alive, and he will continue his request from his "Sir", which actually seems to be the Original Omnicron leader....

Cybsled

UT isn’t gone, he just states that Alphatron was destroyed after Metion visited

Even if their homeworld was gone, there could still be survivors. Omega never got the message from Sir. There could be Omicrons that defied the order, or still have power reserves.

One interesting tidbit is the regular Omicron body that Sir used was Omega’s old body

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

You can log in and get the next 4 days free (period lasts until the end of June) if you haven't subbed for awhile. If you want the most bang for zero bucks consider logging in on Sunday/Monday so it overlaps with the weekly reset for 2x custom deliveries and you can grab the Make it Rain emotes before the event ends.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Thank god housing demolitions are still suspended. Hadn't logged back in since end of January or so. Never got an e-mail warning me about incoming demolition, but I was still worried I wouldn't find my home when I logged back in.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Finally won the lottery. Not the best view, but next to all services (bell/trade board).

If only those Manderville guys hadn't just decided to spam that plaza with their advertisement (and awful music)...

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Finally won the lottery. Not the best view, but next to all services (bell/trade board).

If only those Manderville guys hadn't just decided to spam that plaza with their advertisement (and awful music)...

Don't worry the make it rain stuff is almost over, hurray getting really tired of all the lag when I zone into Gold Saucer..

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Started the 4 free days today to complete the new MSQ stuff. I notice my 3080's fans are spinning like full speed playing this game and I don't remember it being that way when I played at Endwalker release.

Malkav

French Madman
Started the 4 free days today to complete the new MSQ stuff. I notice my 3080's fans are spinning like full speed playing this game and I don't remember it being that way when I played at Endwalker release.

Game always had some fucky GPU usage depending on your options, especially if you leave the built in frame rate limiter on unlimited. Limiter which may or may not work correctly in some case (and very fucky with Gsync).

I ended up just limiting the game FPS in the Nvidia control panel, that fixed my GPU going crazy.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just fired up the game using the free days, I was 2 days outside the cut off point!

Tested my new Andriod phone with my new Razer Kishi controller, WAY more elegent than my previous method. I was bluetoothing a PS4 controller to the phone which meant that I had to prop my phone up somewhere, usually too far away to see it well or on the arm of the sofa which hurt my neck.

Thinking about filming some footage of my playing it to demonstrate how good it is and trigger the fuck out of people. Any interest?