Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Halone looks badass, she's the one I was waiting to fight. After going to Nophica's alter all these years as a White Mage, will be cool to fight her too.

Also happy to see the Garlean story progress which is a surprise, I think that most felt that there was more to explore there.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I really need to start playing this again. I reached the end of the Endwalker story and just kind of lost the thread.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
On about 50 Soporifics; the fucking Alligator keeps running.

Die Parks And Recreation GIF

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They're gonna add more shit to catch too so you'll run out of space, I caught a few rares and like the stuff I needed for my lazy weekly setup so I barely have to gather anything and can just use the automated stuff to turn in and was done with that content. Still way easier than rare fishes though.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I have a full stable and 200,000 cowries in the bank. This is after spending like 50,000 on hi cordials for my fishing grind.

Once you have it set up, it's basically 0 maintenance and I imagine they will be adding more rewards soon.

That "collect all" button can't come soon enough.

Cybsled

Final patch notes

Couple highlights that weren't 100% clear before

1) 6 new housing wards with subdivisions (essentially 12 wards) will be added to all housing areas. It looks like out of the 12, 2 are free-company only, 2 are individual player only, and the rest are a mixed FFA of free company and individual buyers. I'm glad they learned the FC housing demand has essentially been met and focused mostly on regular player housing as an option. The mixed wards is a good idea too.

2) Class changes are in. Mostly paladin stuff, but a couple buffs to the other tanks and some machnist potency changes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
MCH changes aren't just potency, they're actually quite substantial. First they finally changed the speed burst stuff to a charge based system instead of a timer, so people with shit ping or bad fingers don't lose a ton of potency from missing one shot in wildfire window. Second they gave them some utility again with Dismantle, an additional damage mitigation debuff so MCH can help the healers a bit. Makes the class better on top of the potency changes, and the first change should make it less annoying to play if you're lagging or not paying attention as much.

Paladin changes look somewhat meh but I'll have to see how they play once I resub, probably not before next major patch though, no real point in this patch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gotta say, that final cutscene shot of their version of the Moon with Golbez's throne being in the spot where Zodiark was imprisoned and the dark 13th above was pretty epic. While I love the FFIV tie ins and how they're doing that, I still kind of wish the 13th's story was separate and deeper than just fan service for the IV tie ins. The whole Zero/Zeromus thing might just be a red herring, since Zeromus was actually Zemus. I also can't tell if they're lining this all up to finish this story within 6.4/6.5, or as a lead in to bigger expansion regarding the 13th for 7.0.

• 2Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Gotta say, that final cutscene shot of their version of the Moon with Golbez's throne being in the spot where Zodiark was imprisoned and the dark 13th above was pretty epic. While I love the FFIV tie ins and how they're doing that, I still kind of wish the 13th's story was separate and deeper than just fan service for the IV tie ins. The whole Zero/Zeromus thing might just be a red herring, since Zeromus was actually Zemus. I also can't tell if they're lining this all up to finish this story within 6.4/6.5, or as a lead in to bigger expansion regarding the 13th for 7.0.

Can’t remember where, but I recall hearing that we wouldn’t know the theme/story of 7.0 until like 6.5ish, so it didn’t sound like the 13th was going to be involved. Kind of feels like 6.4 is going to wrap this particular storyline up, but who knows.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can’t remember where, but I recall hearing that we wouldn’t know the theme/story of 7.0 until like 6.5ish, so it didn’t sound like the 13th was going to be involved. Kind of feels like 6.4 is going to wrap this particular storyline up, but who knows.

That's sort of how it has felt, but I wasn't entirely sure.

One way that would make a lot of sense is if Y'shtola "discovers" how to transport between worlds during her study in the interim between 6.3 and 6.4, primarily to get us back to the 13th for confrontation with Golbez, but then come 6.5 it'll be the bread crumbs to explore another of the shards that is still out there.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Soken's shitpost in 6.3's trial had me dying of laughter.

• 2Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My god, the fucking violin in the 24man. Saw some comment on a stream "this violinist communing with the fucking cosmos over here" which is pretty damn accurate. Goddamn this song is gorgeous, I fucking love it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
The track is holistically a small step down for me from In the Balance (Nald’Thal’s theme), but it’s still up there, yeah.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The track is holistically a small step down for me from In the Balance (Nald’Thal’s theme), but it’s still up there, yeah.
Nothing is going to beat The Balance and Scream in their respective genres from the last patch. Jesus Christ where is this series finding these composers?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Curious to know their music budget. Ffxiv made 570 mil revenue for square last year so they definitely have some change to throw around and let’s be honest it’s not going into their art assets , (game is gorgeous just easy to tell they didn’t blow a load on art)

Cybsled

The animation budget got a big boost (there was a scene during this patch where they’re eating a Bao-like food and they animated the physics of pulling the thing apart and progressive eating of it). There is also the major graphical overall update planned for 7.0 (which presumably will be mid to late 2024)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Curious to know their music budget. Ffxiv made 570 mil revenue for square last year so they definitely have some change to throw around and let’s be honest it’s not going into their art assets , (game is gorgeous just easy to tell they didn’t blow a load on art)
Their music budget goes into whatever Soken needs to continue making certified bangers.

• 2Like