Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I agree the music in FF14 is fantastic. So good that I actually look forward to collecting the Orchestron rolls for the ones I really like!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I want them to add that super creepy Endwalker music track to an Orchestron roll. Would be a good Halloween music for haunted houses

Chris

Potato del Grande
Curious to know their music budget. Ffxiv made 570 mil revenue for square last year so they definitely have some change to throw around and let’s be honest it’s not going into their art assets , (game is gorgeous just easy to tell they didn’t blow a load on art)
I guess it's whatever Soken is paid, his team plus hiring an orchestra/singers sometimes? It's not nessesarily going to be more than what other studios spend.

I think that they just have a strong meritocracy over there.

Cybsled

Outfit is kinda meh considering the limited options. The separate hammer skins are kinda nice, though

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Outfit is kinda meh considering the limited options. The separate hammer skins are kinda nice, though
Pretty usual stuff when it comes to these NPC costumes, they're never worth it imo. Considering they're already selling them and it's a long trend, they might as well look into designing them properly from the start with the intent of how they'll work once they monetize them.

Cybsled

Part of the issue is Gaia was a custom model, not a player model, so that limited their ability to easily port it compared to something like Y'shtola. So the new costume literally just replaces your character's entire body with a preset for your race that was probably just a modified Gaia model.

But ya, you would think they would account for that. I would suspect that Zero's outfit should be doable since she seems to be a custom player model.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Zenos had a custom model as well.

Nomura had a hand in the Gaia design, so he probably decided he liked Kristin Ritter in a goth dress, that wasn't a readily available option, and they just made a custom NPC lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

It's time to slay that creature.
What's next is 25hours of getting tea leaves for some lazy ass potato and slow leveling fillers while you can't unlock your new skills because you're not in HEAVENSWARD yet fuckface. And THEN dragons.

• 1Seriously?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I liked how Garuda is "that creature".

They should have just got streamers from any of the innumerable "women cry at Crystal Exarch identity reveal" videos.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Brought the hammer down letting any future parties know that being associated with a cheater will get you nothing. Doing it in JP however means the characters and players themselves are marked forever by the community even if their accounts don't receive official punishment beyond the revokation.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Everyone was warned over and over to fucking stop.

Now then back to figuring out 2nd Trio... The Quickening Dynamis buff is odd..

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It wasn't just your average ACT/automated callouts too, it was zoomhack and shit, so yeah. I personally think they still did a pretty amazing job killing it this early when everyone else still seem stuck a day later, and the non streaming teams(or even some of the streaming ones just on other chars) might be using those same mods.