Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
As Pyros pointed out, BLM have quite a few things they can do on the move these days. I’ve been playing the job since ARR and this is the most mobility they’ve ever had. I don’t know what quest Bubbles struggled with, I haven’t had a sub in a few months. Waiting to come back sometime between 6.4 and 6.5.

What’s the relic quest like right now? Last time I was playing it was just “buy the piece with 1000 tomes” step. I think I asked a while back and someone said it wasn’t gonna be a Eureka/Bozja style quest, which was a bit of a disappointment for me. Really enjoyed leveling jobs in Bozja.

Only the first step is out so far, which is 1500 astronomy tomes (uncapped tome but more difficult to get than poetics)

Next step is coming in 6.35

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Worthy of His Back is the single worst quest in the history of all games. I don't think the japs tested it at all with BLM. Getting overran by last 2 waves of orbs because basically all your spells have +2 sec cast time and orbs take about 4-5 sec to reach V is quite fun. Not to mention you have to fucking move from aoe to not get a damage down debuff. And when you fail you have to do some 7-8 minutes of boring phases just to get to the orb one. The US should have dropped the 3rd bomb.

I had 0 Issues with this and I'm a BLM main..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd say if you're not experienced at BLM in endgame scenarios, the quest could be challenging, you have to learn slidecasts and how to juggle your tools properly for this kind of encounters as BLM, while some other classes it's just easier overall due to shorter casts(even healers which do a lot less dmg are somewhat easier due to 1.5s casts). But if you get used to it, BLM is very adaptable nowadays with the high lvl tools. I expect BLM might be quite interesting in the new deep dungeon solo for example, it's utter shit in potd and pretty bad in hoh but once you can get all the new tools it should be pretty interesting.

I haven't done that stuff as BLM since I don't main it, but seeing how the encounter goes on videos(since I didn't even remember what the quest was), there's several points where you can optimize BLM stuff, like when the orbs are grouped, using Thunder IV to proc thunderstruck and just annihilate the other orbs, or using sharpcast on last orbs to hold a firestart proc for the next phase and such. Floating xeno(or Foul if you can hit more than one target) for the harder phases too.

BLM in the end is largely about optimization and knowing encounters to maximize your tools. This can be hard on first time encounters and stuff but this is what makes the class fun, since otherwise it's a boring one dimensional class. Like dummy fights BLM is boring as shit since there's very little variance and it's pretty repetitive.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd say if you're not experienced at BLM in endgame scenarios, the quest could be challenging, you have to learn slidecasts and how to juggle your tools properly for this kind of encounters as BLM, while some other classes it's just easier overall due to shorter casts(even healers which do a lot less dmg are somewhat easier due to 1.5s casts). But if you get used to it, BLM is very adaptable nowadays with the high lvl tools. I expect BLM might be quite interesting in the new deep dungeon solo for example, it's utter shit in potd and pretty bad in hoh but once you can get all the new tools it should be pretty interesting.

I haven't done that stuff as BLM since I don't main it, but seeing how the encounter goes on videos(since I didn't even remember what the quest was), there's several points where you can optimize BLM stuff, like when the orbs are grouped, using Thunder IV to proc thunderstruck and just annihilate the other orbs, or using sharpcast on last orbs to hold a firestart proc for the next phase and such. Floating xeno(or Foul if you can hit more than one target) for the harder phases too.

BLM in the end is largely about optimization and knowing encounters to maximize your tools. This can be hard on first time encounters and stuff but this is what makes the class fun, since otherwise it's a boring one dimensional class. Like dummy fights BLM is boring as shit since there's very little variance and it's pretty repetitive.

Translation: Lrn 2 play Black mage.

I did watch Pint fail hilarious 2-3 times trying to do it on Red mage though, and that's even easier.

There's really only a single fail point, which is don't kill enough orbs. So literally save your cooldowns/aoe for the orbs and you can't lose, assuming you aren't getting hit by every single AOE.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just about done with ARR on a trial account. I'm REALLY liking what they did with the trimming down. Feels like a really good experience for those just starting out/returning etc..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We have about half a dozen active players, FC house, and put buffs up. Bunch more who play for new expansions.
If Gilgamesh is where we had the original FC, then I still have a character there. I moved to some other server set because my g/f couldnt make a character there when she started playing. Have they opened up server transfers to it, yet? Every time I play this game, as soon as it gets to the group/guild stuff - I check out cause Im just not interested enough in meeting new people and being beholden to some kind of schedule. Same issue I have with WoW at the moment, because I just dont see the point in grinding item level. But, thats MMO's I guess.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If Gilgamesh is where we had the original FC, then I still have a character there. I moved to some other server set because my g/f couldnt make a character there when she started playing. Have they opened up server transfers to it, yet? Every time I play this game, as soon as it gets to the group/guild stuff - I check out cause Im just not interested enough in meeting new people and being beholden to some kind of schedule. Same issue I have with WoW at the moment, because I just dont see the point in grinding item level. But, thats MMO's I guess.

It is, I created the original guild back when the game launched.

Gilgamesh is currently congested, so I don't think you can make NEW characters, but other than that, I'm not sure.

As to group/guild stuff, on Gilgamesh/Aether in general, there's no content you cannot do through the Party Finder. All day every day there's groups up to and including the latest savage and all the ultimates. No idea on the success rate on Ultimates, but they are there if you want to try!

Edit: Congested World: A crowded, highly populated World. Cannot be selected for new character creation or Home World Transfer destinations.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fired it back up last night. Was able to pick up right where I left off a year ago. Still working through the msq, but it was nice to just spend about 15 minutes refamiliarizing and then get rolling in the game.

What's the big drama, some guild was streaming using hax and got banned?

Cybsled

New ultimate fight came out and the world first guild was exposed as having used some hacks (one that let you zoom super far out so you could see everything very clearly, and another one that let you know where to stand pixel perfect to avoid shit)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
As far as world selection it really doesn't matter anymore, as long as you are on the US DataCenters you can Server Travel to any other server.. Might take awhile though..

Goonsquad Officer
You can. Transfer or make on any server but you have to do it when there is no queue. You can make a transfer at like 3 am

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Guild is having a bit of a resurgence at the moment, might have to start doing some guild runs or something.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Love how the Hangul is basically "Final Fantasy" if you sound it out. Kinda surprising that came out of Korea.
It did a while back(several years), they have their own version, like the chinese version. No idea if it does any good over there seeing as how saturated the korean mmo market is. They're also behind on patches last time I checked, but that was years ago so maybe they caught up.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Fanfest tix are up. Groups of 2, lottery system. :rolleyes:

200 a ticket? Holy shit and I thought Blizzcon was a ripoff.

I'm not mistaken right? They don't do anything like Blizzard did for blizzcon aside from shows and panels, right?

As far as I am aware, there aren't beta's for upcoming products, there aren't tourneys, at most you'd get a expansion trailer and at minimum a patch trailer. 200 USD seems like a lot to pay just to enter a venue and not get at least a hand-job in a place like vegas.

Early day EQ Fan Faire's even had "Live Quests" that were entertaining at least.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
200 a ticket? Holy shit and I thought Blizzcon was a ripoff.

I'm not mistaken right? They don't do anything like Blizzard did for blizzcon aside from shows and panels, right?

As far as I am aware, there aren't beta's for upcoming products, there aren't tourneys, at most you'd get a expansion trailer and at minimum a patch trailer. 200 USD seems like a lot to pay just to enter a venue and not get at least a hand-job in a place like vegas.

Early day EQ Fan Faire's even had "Live Quests" that were entertaining at least.
Yoshi P has very strong hands.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
200 USD seems like a lot to pay just to enter a venue and not get at least a hand-job in a place like vegas.

Depends of who's giving it.
1642937799960.png