Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
There's the Scion that lusts after the Boulder Brothers,
Talking to Aenor, Clemence and the Boulders every time you all end up back together in the Stones is one of the best part of finishing a patch cycle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

So many people miss it as well. Also Aenor’s sister getting sick of Aenor’s crap lol

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
All of the Scion "B-Team" are super overlooked/underrated. Would be kind of cool if they went back and added some flashback "Role-Playing" style duties to flesh them out a bit more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

She is trying to/gets pounded by both at the same time, yes. She gets frustrated when one of them leaves to do a mission lol

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I’m finishing my eureka weapon and now I’m trying to do BA. Seems almost impossible without joining some special discord channel and planning a week ahead since it’s a 56 person dungeon(that correct?).
am I missing something or has anyone done it? I’m fine with grind and challenging content but I tend to get irritated if the only way to accomplish something requires “out of game” resources

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
BA is up to 48 player dungeon that triggers an outside boss fate midway and 8 more people can join after that. You get the eureka upgrade items from chests and bosses but obviously a full clear makes it far less runs, plus you can get the ozma mount.

You can't use normal resurrection spells inside BA, healers have to use the abilities to sac rezz and hope for a 70% reraise proc on themselves. More core people who know the raid and organize it the better your chances. Final fight absolutely can murder you 20 different ways and routinely does an ability to suck in corpses and spit them out in town.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So I’m finishing my eureka weapon and now I’m trying to do BA. Seems almost impossible without joining some special discord channel and planning a week ahead since it’s a 56 person dungeon(that correct?).
am I missing something or has anyone done it? I’m fine with grind and challenging content but I tend to get irritated if the only way to accomplish something requires “out of game” resources
I don't know about BA but I was avoiding the Bozja equivalent after finishing Zandor, joined a group randomly a year later with something like 12 people and it was fine.

So I'll take a wild guess that you don't actually need 56 and it may even scale to the number of people.

I don't know what I'm talking about but my point is that it's worth looking into.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

A pug has 0% chance of clearing BA. Even entering it requires organization via Portals in Hydratos. Like Malakriss said, Rez doesn't work, Fights are brutal, and the final boss will literally kick you out of the instance and make you miss a clear if you die. It requires skilled and experienced shot callers to survive and clear the instance.

That being said, if you can follow instructions, joining the BA Aether discord and getting a clear isn't difficult - They run several times daily. Or at least they did the last time I went, which admittedly was awhile ago. You just need to "sign up" when you're interested and when the automated queue fills with people, someone makes a run. There's no need to organize it weeks in advance. If you want that mount and a clear, it is available to you, but not through purely in game means. It's simply too hard.

Delubrum Reginae Savage is even more unforgiving and also must be organized out of game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the info all. I may try to join that discord and hop in at some point. But the entire thing just seems like a pain the ass….and I’m not talking difficulty, I am ok with a “savage” type of system, but a savage system with 48-56 people with no good in game mechanic to unite is just stupid. Especially when it’s heavily tied to basically pub content up to that point

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

With DC Travel now Available, the CAFE is the best, they do pick-up raids several times a day, if you wanna run just make sure you have some of the "spirit of the remembered" essence(% chance for Res after death), although if you don't have it they do have some groups that can res you that run a lot of BA.

They even run DR:S a lot although "fresh prog" only happens 2times/month but they will probably be adding more eventually now that the raid series is done...

Discord: Join the Crystalline Adventuring Forays and Expeditions Discord Server!

Funny thing you can get the 9-tail fox with just moggle tomes only cost you something like 210?

Last edited:

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully this has one of those 10 days free playtime during the Anniversary period. Would like to come back and catch up on MSQ and knock that stuff out, maybe learn one of the new extremes. Not ready to come back to the game full time though, gonna wait for it to be closer to expansion time I think.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully this has one of those 10 days free playtime during the Anniversary period. Would like to come back and catch up on MSQ and knock that stuff out, maybe learn one of the new extremes. Not ready to come back to the game full time though, gonna wait for it to be closer to expansion time I think.

There's currently an up-to 14 day campaign currently, if you meet the requirements. Latest is the 31st to sign up for it.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I started again yesterday since free 14 days, will overlap summer and rising event and also hit the moogle tomestone event, plus lets me catch up on the MSQ stuff before fanfests and do some of my Blue mage stuff.

This moogle event looks stacked as fuck though, I guess cause it's the 10th anniversary special but lots of stuff to get from it. Some of it I already have but Gwiber is nice(usually mounts are like 2 expansions back stuff), exclusive rewards are better and there's a bunch of Eureka/Bozja grinding shit I hadn't bothered with like the emotes and haircuts so I'll be grabbing these too. The WoL card also looks interesting but I should probably pop open some packs first see if I get it randomly, in case I ever want to do triple triad mount grind shit at some point.

Juvarisx

Florida
So took 3 weeks but I am finally in the post Stormblood msq that starts the Shadowbringers story. Game is still pretty great the second time around MSQ wise, even though it has been a couple years, didn't feel the need to scene skip other then getting tired at the post ARR MSQ. ShB is probably one of the best MMO experiences I ever had last time however so I will probably kick around in that expansion for a long while and unlock some stuff like Omega and Alexander before going for Endwalker. Maybe the strongest thing about this game is that there really is no rush at all unless you are trying to play with a static and if that were the case you can just buy the story skips.

Shit is still fun, I look forward to Endwalker when I get to it and there is just a ton to do in the meantime. I guess the disadvantage would be not having some of the Endwalker dungeons unlocked for irregular tomestones, but the Neir ones should hopefully suffice

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Finding this experience really weird - I played since very late heavensward, raided through Stormblood, Shadowbringers and first tier of Endwalker + DSR, cleared everything, solo’d potd and HoH, but by the time we finished dsr (like 6 months of 6-9h a week with a few missed weeks for vacations) I just didn’t want to play anymore. Logged in again recently and I just can’t get over how slow the combat is / handle any more stack spread look away whatever pattern mechanics.

Drop me a msg if you want to buy ($50+ worth) gold I guess, have 500m+ on Primal and 300m+ on chaos, will beat market price and haven’t sold before so should be pretty much no risk.