Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
If you're dumb enough to give the entire FC access to everything you have, you deserve what you get. How people didn't figure this out after years of it happening in WoW is beyond me.

lindz

#DDs
What is the cheapest place to get this right now? I'm bored as hell and just haven't been feeling any of the old MMOs lately. Played in beta but not since and thinking of giving it another try.

lindz

#DDs
Doesn't look there are any sales right now. Oh well. Any information you guys recommend for a newbie to read up on?

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
So i see people talking about MNK all over the place but i found no such class at title, is it an unlockable or is everyone just calling pugalist MNK?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just go through the main story and do the instances as they pop up. Preferably as a DPS. There are sites out there that go over the instance bosses specials and what you should do strategy wise. If you dont want spoilers, just queue up and run through them learning as you go. Oh and do as many FATES as you can while youre out there questing. It gives a nice EXP boost.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
From what I remember a monk is a job, not a class.
Yep.

Classes:
Arcanist
Archer
Conjurer
Gladiator
Lancer
Marauder
Pugilist
Thaumaturge

Jobs are combination of classes, available at level 30. These are the classes required for the jobs (primary to level 30, secondary to level 15):
Bard (Archer, Pugilist)
Black Mage (Thaumaturge, Archer)
Dragoon (Lancer, Marauder)
Monk (Pugilist, Lancer)
Paladin (Gladiator, Conjurer)
Scholar (Arcanist, Conjurer)
Summoner (Arcanist, Thaumaturge)
Warrior (Marauder, Gladiator)
White Mage (Conjurer, Arcanist)

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
Yep.

Classes:
Arcanist
Archer
Conjurer
Gladiator
Lancer
Marauder
Pugilist
Thaumaturge

Jobs are combination of classes, available at level 30. These are the classes required for the jobs (primary to level 30, secondary to level 15):
Bard (Archer, Pugilist)
Monk (Pugilist, Lancer)
awesome! thanks for the breakdown, very useful!

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
Yep.

Classes:
Arcanist
Archer
Conjurer
Gladiator
Lancer
Marauder
Pugilist
Thaumaturge

Bard (Archer, Pugilist)
Monk (Pugilist, Lancer)
awesome! thanks for the breakdown, very useful!

lindz

#DDs
Started on Gilgamesh yesterday. Thinking about going bard so started a pugilist. Just about to finish my airship quest and head to Gridania. Really enjoying it so far, something new.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So does the ps4 version and the pc version use the same servers? I'm guessing not but figured I'd double check. I want to check this game out.