Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Rexie/Aladain probably can find one for you, but -- and this is just me speaking from personal experience -- I had a very easy time of it by just trying to do everything at once. Why? Self-sufficiency and never having to buy (overpriced) mats from the AH. A battlecraft retainer feeding you desired, nuisance mats (so you don't have to farm it yourself) is very useful, too.
Yes, this is a good path, but if you don't want to and want to just level things serially.... The path I took was TOTALLY not optimal. However, what I will say is.. Knowing then what I know now, and having all the mats at my disposal like they are today, this is the path I would take, without question.

1. Get CUL to 37 - Steady Hand II + Hasty Touch are both two of the best abilities in crafting.
2. Get ALC to 15 - Tricks of the Trade
3. Get CRP to 50 - Byregots Blessing
4. Get ARM to 15 - Rapid Synth

...Everything else. Save WVR for last unless you like careful synth in which case get that to 15. WVR is kinda hard to level up.

With Steady Hand II, Hasty Touch, Tricks and Byregots everything else is easy. Byregots, some people say isn't as important, but the reason I recommend it is that with 5-7+ inner quiet stacks, it will pretty much cap out your quality. You can also hit a great strides beforehand and if SH2 is on, its no fail, which will get you +300% EXP and help you level up faster. The reason I recommend SH2 early, though is because hasty touch is an 80% success rate for gaining quality.

So the process in a new craft of 80 durability would go something like.

Inner Quiet, SH2, Use Tricks when good appears, Hasty/Hasty/Hasty/Hasty/Hasty, SH2, Hasty/Hasty/Masters Mend 2 (or 1 if thats all you have), SH2 and Hasty until you have 20 durability (or 30 if you need to do 2 synths for completion), then hit Great Strides (if you have the CP) and Byregots. Make sure SH2 is on for when you hit byregots. If you hit 5-6 of the hastys successfully (You have 80% chance with SH2) then byregots should cap out your quality.

I did a lot of that off memory, so hopefully that was right lol

Stave

Potato del Grande
Is it bad that I am snoring my way through Wildstar leveling (only level 40) and all I want to do is resub to FFXIV? I have a free month subscription banked from when I bought a PS3 copy a few months ago for like $10, but I want to wait until I'm *done* with Wildstar to come back, and probably when Ninja comes out, because Ninja was always my main in FFXI and probably in FFXIV as well. It will be nice all the new content they have added since I quit last fall though.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Servers down for a couple hours for emergency maintenance so I'll post a few things I've been up to.

Adventure classes now have daily quests with various factions, 11 end game party dungeons, tiered 8 man content and tiered raiding all on probably the best group finder I've seen in an MMO. You can also change class after you have queued until it pops.

Dungeons :Dungeons - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki - FFXIV / FF14 ARR Community Wiki and Guide

End game gear :http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/

Plenty to do for Disciples of the Hand and Land as well. Quests open up merchants that trade to you for higher tier gear than has been previously available. Also new tiers of recipe book available for all classes. There are two significant forms of currency for getting the gear and recipe books. One is obtained by harvesting at rare nodes that have seriously high stat requirements before you can harvest from them (370 Gathering 332 Perception)- there are types of this for all three harvesting classes. The rewards include new 'armor' and 'tools' eg :

rrr_img_71856.jpg

Desynthing items has been added to FFXIV. Most crafted and dropped items can be desynthed to retrieve some of the materials the items is made from, with a chance to drop new tiers of Materia called Demimateria. This Demimateria is the other new form of currency.

There are two head gear items bought with these new currencies, one usable by all Disciple of the Hand classes and one usable by all Disciple of the Land classes :

rrr_img_71857.png

rrr_img_71858.png

Most of the new stuff is from a new NPC in Revenants Toll calledTalan. He won't speak to you until you do the quest on the NPC next to him. All that entails is speak to him holding a lvl 50 DoL/DoH main hand item.

The specs cost 10 x a particular item from the new higher tier recipe books. Each class has one item they can turn 10 of in to get a pair of the specs. First you need to get the new recipe book off him so that you can then make the item to buy the specs - these each cost 5 x a 2 star 40 CP crafted item. Remember those individual items you used to spend Tokens of Philosophy on (Coke, Peacock Ore etc) - its the high level gear that uses these. The good news is they are much cheaper than they used to be and can now be bought with company seals.

i) By far the cheapest/easiest is if you have CULN. Other DoH jobs buy individual crafting ingredients but for CULN for some reason they come in a stack of 10 for the same price in seals. SO buy 10 x Cooking Sherry from your Grand Company HQ for 2,200 seals. Make 5 x HQSauteed Coeurland turn them in to Talan to buy your new higher tier Master Recipe Book.

One of the new recipes isSpicy Tomato Relish- make 10 x HQ of these and turn them in for your Artisan Specs.

ii) Next step - preparing for higher tier harvesting. DoL each have a new tier of rare harvesting resources. They need higher Gathering and Perception requirements (370/332) so you are going to need to do a good job on putting materia into all your HQ gear. You need 60 x HQ of these new items to buy your Foragers Hat (any of the three DoH items for the hat) and 60 of each to buy their new respective harvesting tool with leet stats.

iii) It makes a massive difference if you can get your stats firstly to 600 GP and then 605 GP while you are gathering these. Remember you have 6 harvesting attempts on a node, these things only show up once every in game day (70 minutes) and you need 60 HQ. 600 GP from gear alongside using HQ Dzemael Gratin for a total of 630 GP allows you to :

a) takes you first strike revealing the item at the node
b) (Sharp Vision) 50 GP increasing your harvesting success by 5% (to around 95% on new higher tier and 100% on existing rare noces)
c) (Unearth II) 300 GP to increase HQ rate by 30%
d) (Solid Reason) 4 successive hits each returning 5 CP bring you back to 300 GP - gives you an extra harvesting attempt, allowing :
e) (Deep Vigor) 0 GP cost, only usable after chain #4 making next attempt 100% success and guaranteed HQ

Getting to 605 GP allows you one failed harvesting attempt and still being able to have 20 CP returned, giving you 300 CP to use the one extra harvesting attempt skill.

What I've been doing as a 'route' so as not to waste the HQ food :

2AM-5AM -Upper Paths (slot 6) South Shroud Fragrant Log (60 HQ to Talan for higher tier Botanist tool))
6AM - Camp Tranquil (slot 7), South Shroud Umbral Rock (60 HQ to Talan for higher tier Miner tool)
5-8AM - Gold Sand (slot 2), Short run to east side of Thanalan don't use skills
9AM - Gold Ore (slot 6) same map, near to Gold Sand use skills as above for 100% harvesting 40%+ HQ
7-10AM - Prickly Pineapple (slot 4) Costa Del Sol, Eastern La Noscea - don't use skills
1PM - Dzemael Tomato (slot3) - same map, near Wineport , use skills

This gives you all the materials for the crafting above and the desynthing below. If you want to do something different the following is a great tool :FFXIV Clock - Eorzea Game Time and Alerts

Onwards to desynthing. Again one of the DoH classes is much better suited than the others for a new system and this time its GSM. The best and most lucrative item in the game for desynthing atm is the artisan specs above and those are desynthed by GSM, as well as having the easiest/cheapest crafting items to desynth and the most common dungeon drops that can be desynthed.

Firstly you are limited to a max of 300 skill points in desynthing across all classes. Even if you aren't at cap while you are lveling one desynth skill another will loose points. You need to pick just one class for now to desynth on.

You can craft and desnyth enough items in an hour to get you to around 30 skill level - level 1 to 15 items using materials sold at your job vendor. Get to around 35 using a lvl 20-25 item and then on to the good stuff. Use Marbled Eye from your vendor and Aldgoat Horns from the new daily reputation Kobold Vendor (you only need do first couple of quest before he will sell these to you) to make Goathorn Staff, These have a chance to deynth into Battlecraft I demimateria !

Kobold Vendor :FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone | Eorzea Database: Kobold Vendor

Once you are at around skill 50 in desynth move on to Mythril Chokers. These can desynth into Fieldcraft Demimateria I which is what we really need to purchase the new ilvl 55 DoL accessories (10 each). At skill 60 move on to Electrum Ring of Crafting. At skill lvl 70 we hit a massive bonus for GSM desynthers -Aetheryte Rings. They only cost 1 Rose Gold Nugget and can desnth into Rose Gold Nuggets/ Fieldcraft Demimateria II This takes us to mid to high 70s when its time to run HM Brayflox for accessories then on to desynthing those specs you need 10 Tomato each for. Get ready to make a lot of these - but the pay off is massive as these desynth into the Mastercraft Demimateria :

rrr_img_71860.png

Demimaterias :

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn (FFXIV ARR) Database

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn (FFXIV ARR) Database

Kudos to :

Forager's Dolabra? :: Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV, FF14) :: ZAM

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Yeah, my bad. Higher tier Pick is 60, hat is 30 rock, lumber or 10 fish.
Excellent guide though. Might give this a go.

I've been running for Darksteel Ores and crystals mainly right now. Taking that and using the Pinprick pebbles to make THM wands for desynth along with Aether rings. The pinpricks can be gotten from leves in St. Coinach if you can't find any on the AH.

At 67ish, I'm getting a 75% success rate on those so it should last awhile.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
Yes, this is a good path, but if you don't want to and want to just level things serially.... The path I took was TOTALLY not optimal. However, what I will say is.. Knowing then what I know now, and having all the mats at my disposal like they are today, this is the path I would take, without question.

1. Get CUL to 37 - Steady Hand II + Hasty Touch are both two of the best abilities in crafting.
2. Get ALC to 15 - Tricks of the Trade
3. Get CRP to 50 - Byregots Blessing
4. Get ARM to 15 - Rapid Synth

...Everything else. Save WVR for last unless you like careful synth in which case get that to 15. WVR is kinda hard to level up.

With Steady Hand II, Hasty Touch, Tricks and Byregots everything else is easy. Byregots, some people say isn't as important, but the reason I recommend it is that with 5-7+ inner quiet stacks, it will pretty much cap out your quality. You can also hit a great strides beforehand and if SH2 is on, its no fail, which will get you +300% EXP and help you level up faster. The reason I recommend SH2 early, though is because hasty touch is an 80% success rate for gaining quality.

So the process in a new craft of 80 durability would go something like.

Inner Quiet, SH2, Use Tricks when good appears, Hasty/Hasty/Hasty/Hasty/Hasty, SH2, Hasty/Hasty/Masters Mend 2 (or 1 if thats all you have), SH2 and Hasty until you have 20 durability (or 30 if you need to do 2 synths for completion), then hit Great Strides (if you have the CP) and Byregots. Make sure SH2 is on for when you hit byregots. If you hit 5-6 of the hastys successfully (You have 80% chance with SH2) then byregots should cap out your quality.

I did a lot of that off memory, so hopefully that was right lol
Appreciate it buddy, looks like a decent way to organize it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What server do you play on Flight? I've been looking at servers in advance(I really want to play but I know if I resub now I'll get bored before 2.4 hits so I'm holding off for at least a month), it seems Behemoth might be the best server for me atm since it has a bunch of australians/NZ players on top of the american ones and a lot of high tier raiding guilds(which means there should be a decent amount of casual ones too). Gilgamesh looks like it has a great raiding scene too but not seeing too much on the AU/NZ side and since my playtime tends to vary a lot I'd rather go for a server with multiple timezones covered. Euro servers are too time specific, plus the servers are in the US anyway so it doesn't really make a difference in that regard.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
What server do you play on Flight? I've been looking at servers in advance(I really want to play but I know if I resub now I'll get bored before 2.4 hits so I'm holding off for at least a month), it seems Behemoth might be the best server for me atm since it has a bunch of australians/NZ players on top of the american ones and a lot of high tier raiding guilds(which means there should be a decent amount of casual ones too). Gilgamesh looks like it has a great raiding scene too but not seeing too much on the AU/NZ side and since my playtime tends to vary a lot I'd rather go for a server with multiple timezones covered. Euro servers are too time specific, plus the servers are in the US anyway so it doesn't really make a difference in that regard.
I'm on Ragnarok, the legacy EU server. It's got a number of raiding guilds including a couple of French ones, but as you say the EU servers can be quiet off peak.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Maybe this has been covered, but Mythology seems so easy to farm (4 of the cheaper parts in 2 days at 50, just doing roulette and unlocks) for lv90 gear... what is the point of crafting?

I like the idea of it and would like to try it, but it seems to me like it's probably mainly useful for potions and food?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe this has been covered, but Mythology seems so easy to farm (4 of the cheaper parts in 2 days at 50, just doing roulette and unlocks) for lv90 gear... what is the point of crafting?

I like the idea of it and would like to try it, but it seems to me like it's probably mainly useful for potions and food?
Cool skins on the weapons which are ilvl 95(but that's still garbage since it's not that hard to get ilvl 110 weapons with soldiery) but mostly crafting atm from what I've seen is consumables, furniture, materia(crafting stuff then disenchanting it for materias, a lot of which are used for the novus/anima shit) and repairing your shit but that's like minor. Supposedly next patch they'll add next tier of crafting from what I read, you'll be able to craft ilvl 110. It's also good for crafting low tier stuff for people rolling alts and shit, especially the usual relic weapons and crafting gear and what not. It's not quite as good as it used to be.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I may load this game back up for fun. I had a really good experience with FFXIV. My friends just stopped logging on because they wanted some PvP and better raiding experiences. Sounds like that may be in place at this time. I think I have high level Healer and Dragoon. However, I have no idea what is the better class to play. I really believe FFXIV had the most immersive world since EQ. If you put all the environmental elements together from appearance to the music, it gave me a lot of the same feelings EQ did at that time.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
One thing that is striking me about this game is the seemingly large amount of fantasy-esque names. Sure, you still have Fart Sniffer and the like, but the vast majority of folks I run across are folks with decent names. Is there a crazy strict name filter or something here?

I'm not sure if it is more or less than normal, but it was enough for me to notice and think, well that's a little different. And yes, I know that is a stupid and shallow thing to comment on, but it is something that bothers me a little bit, hehe. Fart Sniffer might be the best goddamn healer or tank or DPS in the world but every time I see him I think, Jesus, click the name randomizer or something.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well it blocks stupid names but not more than usual. I guess people are just more inclined to take a normal name when you're forced into a first name/last name. You don't run into "this name is already taken" as much either unless copying an existing name so you don't feel like adding zZz or xXx420MLG420YOLOxXx to your name.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
My friends just stopped logging on because they wanted some PvP and better raiding experiences.
It has PvP now also and no balancing of classes because of it. Supposed to be good but not tried it yet. I'm told BLM and WHM are good and LNC/PLD are good for stuns.

PvP (Player vs Player) | FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Info (FF14, Final Fantasy XIV)

Thursday Weekly Side-thread 07/24/14 | PVP discussion : ffxiv

Unlocking the i80 Wolves Den

On Crafting don't forget that the gear you get as drops is equivalent to regular NQ stuff while only crafted gear can be HQ, eg :

rrr_img_71937.jpg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I REALLY want to try this again...but was so lost on my Paladin, that I said fuckit and uninstalled. Is there a quick coming back to FF14 tutorial anywhere?