Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This game is a LOT better. I'm not sure why, but last time I tried I hated it.

But the story is basically unwatchable until level 20ish, prototypically bad early MMO story crap (go fetch some milk form the cows type shit). I know, I know FF and Japanese but why the fuck didn't you just tell everyone there were space ships right at the beginning?
A lot of vanilla MSQ is very boring stuff. Gets better near the end of 2.0(like 40 and 50 stuff) and then before Heavensward, but it's pretty bad overall. Once you start HW's MSQ though there's a lot less bullshit fetch quests and stuff in the MSQ(all the sidequests are basically still that though). It's also a lot better written and the cutscenes are a lot better directed and stuff, it's a massive step up. Stormblood follows suit, although it is pretty formulaic in its approach of each new area you visit(get to new place, people don't trust you, do 2-3 sidequests-like fetch and kill quests for the populace, "eh that guy ain't so bad after all" then story actually advances).

Fucking 2000ppl queue on Omega today for some reason. Yesterday was like 50 when I logged in at the same time. Can't tell if it's because SE reduced server caps to limit the DF crashes like yesterday(shit was down for like 10hours yesterday on the EU datacenter) or if it's the gold sellers just figuring out there were new serverd and made a large amount of farming accounts to get some funds for that server. Maybe both. Fucking annoying though.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Did the level 65 dungeon last night, was sideways drunk. One of the bosses was like a Simon-says or something. Somehow we passed it, even though I failed every time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone ever play this game from the PC version to the PS4? I'm going on a buisness trip and need something to keep my occupied for half the day so I'm bringing along my PS4 since I don't have a laptop capable of running FFXIV. I can't imagine trying to play an MMO with a controller. It looks very clunky and non intuitive using one but I have watched streams of people using it. Wanted to hear from poster here about their experience playing it on the PS4.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I thought FF had the best gamepad control scheme of any MMO. It's very playable. But like anything else it will take some time to get used to. Smart macro/ability placement helps.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Got to see the power of a well played SAM in the 64(65?) dungeon. Dude had at least 1k on my bard with a max hit ~22k.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Any suggestion on what to spend Tome of Poetics on?

I could buy Armor for Glamour, but anything else beside that?

In the same topic, how about Centurio Seals from the Stormblood Hunts, nothing really interesting right now...will there ever be armor or weapons to buy with those?

Lowball

Trakanon Raider

In the same topic, how about Centurio Seals from the Stormblood Hunts, nothing really interesting right now...will there ever be armor or weapons to buy with those?
Tank damage scaling was changed to STR only, and they are now locked to VIT accessories... except that this change wasn't retroactive. If you play a tank it's worth having the i270 str accessories.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Spend the seals on the books to travel faster in Heavensward areas.

Poetics can be spent on stuff for the old anima quests if that's your thing. If not you can buy gear and trade it in for seals or buy crafting mats and sell them on the Marketboard.

Malkav

French Madman
Spend the seals on the books to travel faster in Heavensward areas.

Poetics can be spent on stuff for the old anima quests if that's your thing. If not you can buy gear and trade it in for seals or buy crafting mats and sell them on the Marketboard.

Ground mount speed in HW is useless seeing as you have flying there.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that 2nd episode went into how they knew it would cost them big but they were going to fix it regardless of the $ because they didn't want to trash Squares rep. Also how they kept working on 1.0 for a few thousand players while working on ARR for the same reason.