Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finally 70. :)

redmage.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Grats, RDM armor is definitely top tier, even just some parts are good to keep for glamour like the boots and stuff.

Been fucking around on a bunch of other chars just doing my expert roulette on Monk. Got AST to 68.5(probably 70 tomorrow I'll push a bit more than usual, run that 69 dungeon 3-4times), RDM to 59, BRD to 53, PLD to 62 and now I started playing my BLM a bit, gotta say I love their pvp playstyle a lot more than basically everything else I've tried, and their pve rotation looks not so cancer anymore to learn so I might level this instead of RDM.

Wanted to level my gatherers/crafters too but I have no idea where to even get started it looks like fucking hell, they didn't add lvl 60 high ilvl gear, only 62 or so, and no idea how I'm supposed to get to 62 with basic crap gear. I guess maybe I'm meant to farm scrips or some shit and then proceed to do stormblood? Sounds pretty retarded. I guess I could do the GC turn ins until 61 at least but sounds like a pain in the dick. It's like they expect progression from people who played crafter at HW cap, which seems dumb, they give virtually free HQ white armor/weapon i255 at the very start of Stormblood but crafter/gatherers get dick?

I also leveled a char to 30 quickly for the free 15days sub. Was very quick doing Fishing to 30. I could have done potd but I really don't want to run more potd than I need to, shit's boring as fuck. Fishing is also boring but it was mostly alt tabbed and just pressing the button every 30secs for a couple of hours.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Crafting/Gathering are such different games from the normal stuff I can almost see why they didn't go for it. And yeah, it looks like they want you to drop scrips on level 60 gear, granted scrip farming is also a really good method of leveling.

The Hand/Land classes have always been in a strange spot. Like almost a different piece of content entirely aside from creating decorations for housing for normal players. On one hand you have a very specific skillset that only affects or is affected by those two paradigms, while on the other hand actively making that integral to the Combat stuff means you completely negate content/tome upgrades unless they just do consumables, which is where it sort of was in HW.

I had effectively maxed gear for crafters/gatherers in HW, so the lack of stuff isn't all that saddening. But yeah, they really want you to do the old shit for sure.

There -is- crafted stuff that isn't super hard to make at 61 for gatherers/crafters that would easily be a stopgap, but you are definitely paying the price for not having those Blue/"enhanced" stats.

Leves are once again the greatest source of leveling power; just have to use your skills to "complete" the leves vs. getting 320+ quality on everything, etc. With that and a potion, and doing the collects when you can, shouldn't be that hard to level the gathering classes, really.

Haven't messed with crafters though so I can't really comment; just opened up their HW class quests. I'm in full HQ Ironworks Crafting crap so I can't imagine it will be difficult, but I also haven't tried!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'll have to look into it more seriously at some point. I haven't even finished the job quests for the gathering classes or most crafting classes. Hell earlier when I picked up BLM I started doing my bar setup and I couldn't find fucking Fire IV I was wondering what was up. Turns out I never did the 60 quest after hitting 60, guess I really didn't care about the class when I leveled it in 3.0.

It's just annoying that there isn't a way to catch up more easily and makes it not flow properly. HW had the same issue but in HW I had good gear entering it so I didn't care, it's just very weird how the combat stuff is basically a hard reset(not as hard as WoW +450ilvl on green gear but still a fair amount), while crafting gear will basically last you until the next cap and you start melding. Melds are especially powerful for crafting/gathering so having unmelded garbage white gear isn't that helpful. I guess materias dropped in price a fair bit so I could just throw random melds at shit. No more stupid ass carbonized matters either, fucking stupid ass system.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
You don't -really- need melded shit unless you are outright blocked from completing levequest items for crafting. You won't get double xp for every turn in, but between that and grand company dailies, it should be fairly easy to level them. You will probably run out of leves pretty quickly after 1-2 classes are capped, however. Then it's just dailies and leve regens while doing whatever cross-class crafting mats are needed to make shit for other leves.

AladainAF and the guy who plays Jaen Mandar on Gilg were deep into crafterland in HW; they probably know some better tricks than I do beyond doing collectibles/leves/dailies for GCs.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ground my botanist from 60 to 62 on nodes when ruabahn savage was around. I am in level 55ish right side (like 20k total on our market board) and store bought gear. I had no issues. Gathering was like 68%. With levels and shit it will be super easy.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just discovered I only did HW quests on Weaver while the rest are still on 50/53 quest. This is after doing the 63 WVR quest where they hand you the materials for a special combine, craft for easy 1.7m exp and the 63 trait.

Being lazy hurts.

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I've been wanting to try this again. Wondering if anyone could take a second to throw me one of those callback invites?

The site makes it look like the invitee has to be on your friends list, and you can't add people that are offline. Am I reading this correctly?

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
The site makes it look like the invitee has to be on your friends list, and you can't add people that are offline. Am I reading this correctly?

You are right and that's fucking stupid. So I guess if you had no friends you're SOL.

Guess they don't really want my money after all.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gamma spawned on Gilg in all 3 instances within 15 minutes of each other. 56 hours after DT. Salt and Light has spawned 2/3 with last being stubborn shortly after that.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished the MSQ now, damn that last fight. First group we wiped 4 times and people left, it was the first time for 7 of the 8 players. Second group, I don't know how many first timer, but we did it on the first attempt so I guess people were more experience. Fight almost gave me a seizure with all the flashing effects. :)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit the leveling in this game can be cancer at times. You get a quest in one zone and you have to go to another continent halfway across the word to finish it and then go back to turn it in. If it wasnt for the teleports I would of been quit the game. Then on top of that some abilities are gated behind quests. I can't even get my level 52 ability until I finish the Realm Reborn patch quests since it's a Heavensward ability. Even though I meet the level requirement I can't get the quest for the ability. Talk about annoying.