Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Road to 60 disappeared.

Desire to keep playing and trying additional classes fading quickly... lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Savage 4 already cleared by angered fc. So atleast we know it's not a gear cockblock. Gonna hold off on calling it too easy until I see a bunch more clears but it's definitely looking that way. A far cry from a1-4s

Seeins A1S-A4S almost killed raiding in this game, they definitely didn't want a repeat of that.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Savage 4 already cleared by angered fc. So atleast we know it's not a gear cockblock. Gonna hold off on calling it too easy until I see a bunch more clears but it's definitely looking that way. A far cry from a1-4s
But have you cleared the 7th floor of the Lost Canals and got it to farm status? HMMMMM?

Because Krip sure can't. ho ho ho

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
But have you cleared the 7th floor of the Lost Canals and got it to farm status? HMMMMM?

Because Krip sure can't. ho ho ho

909D43E384330134EE1418314796241E31C77936

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What are you supposed to do at max level, farm dungeons?
Do daily roulettes for tomes, do EX primals for gear/mounts, do raid once a week, do savage raid once a week, do 24man once a week(not yet available, 4.1 for that). Other than that, old content, crafting/gathering, doing side stuff like maps, gold saucer, pvp, alts. That's pretty much it. If you don't want to do anything, you can take a break for 3-6months, resub for a month, do the new story and new content they added until you get bored again then unsub and so on.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you count failing in raid pugs like I've been doing all week, then content in this game is basically infinite

Armin

Peasant
How's the community for this game right now? I'm hoping the game is not dead as fuck and there is an alternative to WoW. Is there a healthy raiding scene at all?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The community is far from dead as fuck, even on the lower pop servers. The raid scene is pretty healthy on certain worlds, i'm on a low pop server, and there isn't really much talent to choose from here, but the more popular ones are doing just fine.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This community is mostly dumb though. it's full of weaboos and SJWs tossed in with controller players. Controller players are the worst. They stop all the time randomly to open menus and then you sit there waiting while they parse through useless shit that takes 1 second while autorunning with a mouse.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
This community is mostly dumb though. it's full of weaboos and SJWs tossed in with controller players. Controller players are the worst. They stop all the time randomly to open menus and then you sit there waiting while they parse through useless shit that takes 1 second while autorunning with a mouse.

This is overstated. I have a 318 SAM, a 320 RDM that have both done 2/4 savage so far, and a 311 WHM that has healed both primals using a controller. Parses posted in chat put me in the top DPS spot on both a fair amount of the time, so the game is playable to a high level of quality on a controller.

I would say there are bad players in any MMO that slow you down, and the PS4 controller in not the problem: PLBKAC. This MMO has as many of those problems as any other.

Also, I have found enough good players in this game to raid casually using party finder (this is the tool that lets one form their own group with gear score restrictions and any composition for any purpose), which is data centre wide anyway so server doesn't matter, but I do keep a healthy blacklist of people to avoid forming groups with.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sorry but that's not been my experience thus far. I've found the community largely devoid of quality people. Most are either people who are bad, people who don't care or people who don't want to interact with anyone outside their FC.

It's been very much WoW Japan from a community perspective, the only difference is instead of Barrens chat most of the retards seem to have controllers so they don't even bother (can't?) to type in chat.

The only "nice" people have been the generally useless ones that are really happy to help but they only know crafting or something.

Then again I'm on an ex "preferred" server so I don't imagine it's the same everywhere, other than the xrealm dungeon stuff.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By EX "preferred" are you talking about those new servers with boosted exp that make the already simple process of leveling even easier? If so than yeah, that's probably why you've encountered a bunch of retards.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
So is this game WoW-ified now? Is like 99% percent of the content boringly easy and the last 1% crazy hard? Is there any kind of consistency to the difficult of the game? This is one of my major gripes with most games right now - they are either too easy or they are just trying to ruin your day.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ehh, sort of. I mean the new Savage tier raid was cleared on week 1, but this was by the top raiders in the game mostly, no different than WoW in that regard. They tried making a straight up hyper-difficult raid at the beginning of Heavensward, but that didn't go over so well and most of the pleb population whined so they changed their stance on that.

We'll be getting a Super Savage series of encounters here soon, which will be the hardest stuff in the game; mostly because the 1% asked for something like that.

This isn't anything new though, that's the way of most MMO's these days. They've accepted the fact that the majority of their playerbase is gonna be casual plebs so they make the content easy to accommodate.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ehh, sort of. I mean the new Savage tier raid was cleared on week 1, but this was by the top raiders in the game mostly, no different than WoW in that regard. They tried making a straight up hyper-difficult raid at the beginning of Heavensward, but that didn't go over so well and most of the pleb population whined so they changed their stance on that.

We'll be getting a Super Savage series of encounters here soon, which will be the hardest stuff in the game; mostly because the 1% asked for something like that.

This isn't anything new though, that's the way of most MMO's these days. They've accepted the fact that the majority of their playerbase is gonna be casual plebs so they make the content easy to accommodate.

But I guess what I'm wondering is will the normal experience of leveling and gearing up be as mind-numbing as WoW, where it is literally impossible to die if you're not an idiot, or do you experience at least a mild amount of engagement. You can sleepwalk through content in most games nowadays and that is really god damn bland.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been playing the game on and off for years and have never had the experience Palum has had. I am on a low pop EXP enhanced realm. Palum also just barely hit max if I remember correctly so his experience is based around face roll easy dungeons so I have no clue what could have possibly gone wrong.