Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Ah yea, I always forget about time dilation. Usually I’m doing the AoE cards and then using celestial opposition.

Speaking of AST, does anyone know what the preferred usage of cards is? Usually I’m trying to spread a balance or spear to the whole group. I’ll put Arrow on casters when the opportunity arises. But for the most part I’m usually trying to hold a balance or spear until I can get an ewer or spire to royal road and spread them out.

Any hard and fast rules I need to know about that job? Been mostly doing AST instead of my BLM this time around because of faster queues.

For 8 man content:

Outside prog: 50%ae and balance are the things you want to save, reroll spear arrow bole unless you already have a saved 50% ae, then use spear/arrow on it if drawn.

In prog: bole MT is actually really good.

Padding a single player is dumb / rdps loss outside of extreme scenarios (good Sam/BLM + trash pugs in seiryu ex, for example). You will end up with some single target cards from sleeve draw and these generally go to highest DPS w some small exceptions (spear goes to bard).

Generally you tend to want to extend regen on tank with td (rather than worrying about cards, though it's quite good if you can hit a 50%ae card and regen), and CO any 50%ae card unless you need it for a mechanic (e.g., CU for hw2 initial damage, CO the partywide regen). There aren't many mechanics like this in savage though (that's the only one that comes to mind this tier). Try to lucid/lightspeed before you CO, but without leaving any of these on cooldown for long.

For 4 man content:

Not much matters here, extend regen is great, single target cards much more valuable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone ever came across this error before? I was running a dungeon, got disconnected and been facing this. I run the launcher as admin, it hangs up and is black. I can't even visit the SE site on my PC. Google search said clear IE setting and I did it to all my browsers and still having this issue. I even reset my modem.

launcher.png

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I don't have much other than the fact that the launcher presumably uses IE modules for handling the interface. Only thing I can suggest is finding a way to reinstall IE fresh and hope for the best.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone ever came across this error before? I was running a dungeon, got disconnected and been facing this. I run the launcher as admin, it hangs up and is black. I can't even visit the SE site on my PC. Google search said clear IE setting and I did it to all my browsers and still having this issue. I even reset my modem.

Guessing some link died on the Internet. The only time I ever get that message is when some fuck-wit farmer drags the fibre line for my county around.(And with all the recent fires we've had around here it's gotten even worse with the mudslides)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Weird.... apparently it resolved itself somehow. It was doing it before the patch and after the patch it now it's working. The official SE tech forum had some players experiencing the same problem.

Oh well back to farming hard Ifririt.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It takes a little getting used to, but switching from standard type movement to legacy type movement has some really nice benefits when it comes to being mobile. It lets you use the auto-face option without it fucking you up at times, and makes melee feel a little less clunky.

Also, controller vibration is fucking awesome for fishing

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh does it fix the thing with autoface where it'll make you run the wrong way for half a second if you're using mouse look sometimes? I've changed to autoface since I was tired of having to do jump spin casts but once in a while it shits itself and I run the wrong fucking way for a split second and that's generally enough to eat an aoe.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Oh does it fix the thing with autoface where it'll make you run the wrong way for half a second if you're using mouse look sometimes? I've changed to autoface since I was tired of having to do jump spin casts but once in a while it shits itself and I run the wrong fucking way for a split second and that's generally enough to eat an aoe.

Yeah. Say you're WHM and you cast regen, it just keeps you moving instead of turning your character around completely. There might be a tiny interruption to the movement, but it would be something you would have to analyze to notice. Essentially it just makes WASD work like a controller analog stick does. You can still use the mouse to modify the movement to be able to strafe etc...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah. Say you're WHM and you cast regen, it just keeps you moving instead of turning your character around completely. There might be a tiny interruption to the movement, but it would be something you would have to analyze to notice. Essentially it just makes WASD work like a controller analog stick does. You can still use the mouse to modify the movement to be able to strafe etc...
Yeah I know how it works it's just if it doesn't do the bug shit I might have to change to that too.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I always hated that that my character would turn suddenly. I'm gonna have to try out legacy.

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
I always hated that that my character would turn suddenly. I'm gonna have to try out legacy.

Legacy camera took me a day or two to get used to, and I'm still not entirely sure how to do a couple minor things, but overall it's way better for moving while doing mechanics.

The one thing that I couldn't figure out how to do is turn without taking a step, so you could pull off a "look away while casting then look back before the spell ends", but like i said thats minor.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I played with legacy today and didn't make too much of a difference, but didn't get the annoying shit where it makes you fucking turn sometimes when using a skill so that's better. I got surprised a couple of times when I was trying to make a small adjustment by backpedalling, and instead started running fullspeed backwards, but no big deal.

For the casting, you can still turn your camera with mouse look. Not sure how you did it before with the keyboard anyway.

One other slightly weird thing is using left mouse for mouse look turns your character too like right mouse button usually does. Can still rotate just the camera if you autorun, but if you're manually running it's basically right mouse look. Not a big deal but sometimes I liked turning my camera while moving a direction without having autorun on. Mostly when looking for hunts and shit but I don't do hunts anymore so don't care.

Started this Eureka Pyros shit a bit. Took me a whole 10mins to unlock the 50logos, it's good to be rich. Still need to farm crystals and somehow find the stupid FATE spawns, although I kinda expect they'll add the drop to the vendor when they add Hydratos so I could just do that then. And I need levels still, only 40. It's not really that fast in there. Not slow or anything but like not crazy fast. I could try soloing shit with reflect though I hear it's good.

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
Started this Eureka Pyros shit a bit. Took me a whole 10mins to unlock the 50logos, it's good to be rich. Still need to farm crystals and somehow find the stupid FATE spawns, although I kinda expect they'll add the drop to the vendor when they add Hydratos so I could just do that then. And I need levels still, only 40. It's not really that fast in there. Not slow or anything but like not crazy fast. I could try soloing shit with reflect though I hear it's good.

I think I'm 32 or so, but I'm afraid of Pagos because I've heard such horrible things about it. Maybe someday I'll man up and go figure it out.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Pagos was insane on release, real old school grind. But after all the consecutive nerfs I think it's something like 1200% faster now (without considering stuff like aetherytes available at lower levels, challenge log added). Should take sub 24h.

Pyros is probably a bit longer (24-36h to get a decent weapon?).

Edit: I kind of hate the Pagos nerfs within same expansion, it's like a real fuck you to the people that bothered with it on release (not me, was doing uwu then).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think I'm 32 or so, but I'm afraid of Pagos because I've heard such horrible things about it. Maybe someday I'll man up and go figure it out.
Pagos is mostly fine now. The aetheryte levels being so much lower mean you can access all NMs early(although at 32 you could anyway), NMs drop a ton of crystals so you don't have to do Louhi and you also get like half a light bar per NM so light builds relatively fast. It still takes a little while and if you're 32 it'll probably feel kinda shit since you'll hit 35 well before you're done(NMs also give good xp so you level pretty fast) but it's honestly not as much of a problem anymore. A large part of the annoyance of Pagos is how retarded the zone is to navigate but with Aetheryte access most of this is irrelevant, and as soon as you hit 35 and get the mount it's even better.

And Ehrgeix they always nerf the relic within the same expansion, several times. That's just how it is, if you don't want to grind right away you can just wait until the nerfs. Even the first old relic had several nerfs as the patches went on, Atmas were buffed to their super easy version, they made books FATEs higher priority, they doubled light on all content etc. I think the only thing they didn't nerf in the first relic was all the desynth crafting garbage and the first step with the unique trials and HM primals and that but that was kinda whatever anyway.

Oh also random story, some very rich guy apparently transferred to my server, flooded the market with a ton of shit. Has like 10-15 of each rakshasa item up with no signature and much lower price, probably bought it all in a better economy server but here it's really cheap in comparison. Not a huge deal since it's still good money to craft but it's weird seeing all that shit. Ironically also the guy I bought a bunch of Logograms from yesterday since he had like 200 offensive logograms are 180k each which was much cheaper than the crap people sell usually. I think I'll just keep crafting for a few weeks, hit 200m then stop there.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there a DoM/DoW equivalent of being able to turn in the Ixal daily quests for any DoH/DoL jobs, regardless of level/usage?
No, the combat beast tribe quests are level dependant. 41+ iirc for the lowest. ARR tribes are kinda meh, but HW ones start right away at 50(maybe 51?) and give good xp all the way to 60, where you can do SB ones.