Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
D60mpcHUIAA7Hwl.png

D60mpczV4AE8lNh.png

New job Icons.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Only have a week or so until my Road to 60 is gone. Only have 3 more levels on DRG then SAM until all DPS are 60. Healers and tanks can just do command missions or get instaqueues at this point. so nothing to worry about there. I took up gathering this weekend, and it has been a lot of fun. Do a couple leves, pause for class quest, do more leves. Or as FSH find a fun hole and just cast for an hour or so and get 10 levels. Should have all 3 to 37 before I have to sleep. Might actually make 60 before the buff dies too. Kind of crazy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That seems more plausible than some other stuff I've seen. But pointless to believe anything when it's less than 1 week before reveal of most of that shit and anyone with a brain can put together a bunch of ideas to improve certain classes, especially the shittier ones.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
The problem with SpS/SkS buffs is that they are situational: really good on certain jobs (BLM), but can cause others to clip (NIN/DRG/BRD in MB). Most people can tolerate Expanded Arrow and a +5% buff, but the higher the potency, the greater the chance of clipping for the classes a SS buff doesn't mesh well with.

I could maybe see them getting around that by making PoM low potency/long duration, maybe 5% buff for 45-60s duration with a 120-150s cooldown.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem with SpS/SkS buffs is that they are situational: really good on certain jobs (BLM), but can cause others to clip (NIN/DRG/BRD in MB). Most people can tolerate Expanded Arrow and a +5% buff, but the higher the potency, the greater the chance of clipping for the classes a SS buff doesn't mesh well with.

I could maybe see them getting around that by making PoM low potency/long duration, maybe 5% buff for 45-60s duration with a 120-150s cooldown.
Eh, PoM as a faux-Bloodlust is something I've kind of wanted for quite a while, because it doesn't offer a huge amount of boost to a WHM only. Can nuke a bit harder, but it doesn't noticeably change things unless you're hardcasting Raise, in my experience.

For the rest of what Nola Nola pasted, LET'S HOPE. It sounds like they're keeping Plenary Indulgence as is, though, and that makes me >.< because we really don't need competing OGCDs for AE heal. If the leak about Assize going to a 30s recast, 550p OGCD that heals only is true, then we have that, Cure III, Medica, AND Plenary Indulgence all providing AE heals. That's a bit much, and Assize would far outstrip Plenary Indulgence unless they revert Plenary to its 4.0 potency values and/or have it provide a buff or shield. I'd be okay with the shield, myself, and it would make it have its own niche as it were. Top-off people and shield them.

I'm hoping they are going to implement "shield stacking" in the sense of "you can have a shield up to X% of your max hp" and all the shield-giving abilities (Adlo, etc.) can "add" value to the shield, rather than overwriting it if it would shield for more than it currently does. Since displaying shield HP remaining is slated for part of the 5.0 update, I don't see why this can't be done. It would also help a LOT with the friction between SCH and AST especially, or when you get double SCH in your roulettes, particularly 24-man.

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

It's not that bad on NIN. If you clip a bit into your Ninjitsu, whatever. You're only doing Ninjitsu once every 20s. For the rest of the time, enjoy that skill speed.

Also I forgot that the SCH SS buff exists, so it wouldn't be that interesting after all lol.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I still don't think it particularly fixes WHM though, unless Balance has been nerfed or SCH has been nerfed.

WHM has enough throughput as it is, the problem lies in actually having decent OGCD answers once you've spammed them in order to keep DPSing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What I kinda expect healer wise is just some balance changes.

AST: More or less stays the same, new skills might help a bit with mp regen, or just tweak mp costs a bit down. Ewer and Spire can't stay the same, so make up a new card effect. Honestly not too easy without being fairly redundant though. Could be ressource based but the tooltip would be 5pages long since it'd need explanations for every class due to ressources all working differently. Maybe something like increase healing given and/or received. Basically similar to Bole, a defensive card. Wouldn't see much use, but neither spire or ewer do in the first place.

SCH: Nerfs via consolidation/removal of abilities. Deployment removal(the whole adlo crit deployment just isn't balanced compared to anything other healers can do) with maybe a Succor slight buff to compensate, Sacred Soil removal but damage reduction added to Eos Covenant(so it's 10% all damage 10% magic damage, keeps the same 20% magic), Shadow Flare removal(bit more potency on Miasma to compensate for damage loss), Selene silence changed to something else, maybe another DPS buff to further emphasize the damage nature versus Eos defensive, Fey Caress also applies a small shield or heals or something like that so it's not completely worthless on 99% of the fights where there's nothing to dispel, or only single target.

WHM: Buffs to utility and QoL. Water as an instant small direct damage spell to weave in oGCD without losses when aero and regen don't need refreshed, Lilly reworked to not be garbage, specifically need to be generated without Cure and need to have more impact, plenty of suggestions for that, one raid damage buff, I like the PoM idea but honestly an aoe speed buff sounds really bad since as mentionned, having too much speed actually fucks up a bunch of the melees because their rotations start not lining up with their cooldowns anymore. Hard to plan for since you'd need a rotation with WHM and a rotation without WHM, leading to people just prefering balance/stratagem. It'd need to speed cooldowns too, but not sure how feasible that is tech wise, but it'd be unique, basically makes everything speed up so even though you're attacking faster, you're not fucking up your rotation(unless you die during it, then your cooldowns don't line up with your raid's, but eh). Otherwise it'd need to be single target, like it is currently but targetable and drop it on classes that don't care about speeding up(BLM obviously but also stuff like BRD probably and such).

That's really all they need I think, one support spell that's roughly equivalent to balance/stratagem over the whole course of a fight and a way to weave oGCDs and just after that whatever changes to make the class feel better in terms of uniqueness/mechanics since lillies currently are so boring.

All in all, it's fairly minor stuff but would more or less fix healers in the current state.

Since they didn't add a new healer I doubt they'll be doing large changes. They're probably doing the changes to tanks with the addition of the new one, and I doubt they'll rework everything at once, seems pointless. I'd expect big healer changes next expansion if/when they added a 4th healer.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enh, I don't really think SCH should get Deployment removed, but rather they should just create the concept of "barrier potency" to keep the numbers more under control (or cap the absorb amount of a barrier you can have). So to use Adlo as the example, it could have a Cure Potency of 300 and then a "Barrier Potency" of 300, which increases to 600 if the heal part crits and the barrier potency itself cannot crit, rather than having the crit heal and the barrier being twice the crit. In other words, heal would effectively be 450p and barrier 600p rather than the approximate 450/900 as it is now. A nerf of sorts, yes, but it keeps Deploy under control, and the devs could use similar tweaking for Aspected Benefic (which is really farking good for a non-crit shield).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m going to burn out on crafting at this pace, but got all of them to 51, and 60 culinarian and 70 carpenter. All 3 gathering jobs are at 66. Gathering jobs, and the gathering retainers should all be 70 fairly easily for Shadowbringers. Crafters I’m not sure probably 1 more at 70 and a few to 60. Still pretty good I think considering all but culinarian and carpenter were in low to mid 30 a week ago. I’m kinda happy I managed to do that while actually increasing the amount of Gil I have. One item for a leves, I made 8 extra and sold for 300K total in a day.

The job quests for crafter and gatherer are surprisingly interesting in some cases, I’m surprised by the amount of work they put in those.

I used a Fantasia potion and redid my character, went from female Au Ra to Hyur, clipping of the horns and tail on Au Ra annoyed me on some gear. Then I had to go the inn room to change my hairstyle since I had chosen a somewhat long hair for the Hyur but that clipped like crazy on my armour's shoulder so went with short hair. I’m so vain. :)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I’m going to burn out on crafting at this pace, but got all of them to 51, and 60 culinarian and 70 carpenter. All 3 gathering jobs are at 66. Gathering jobs, and the gathering retainers should all be 70 fairly easily for Shadowbringers. Crafters I’m not sure probably 1 more at 70 and a few to 60. Still pretty good I think considering all but culinarian and carpenter were in low to mid 30 a week ago. I’m kinda happy I managed to do that while actually increasing the amount of Gil I have. One item for a leves, I made 8 extra and sold for 300K total in a day.

The job quests for crafter and gatherer are surprisingly interesting in some cases, I’m surprised by the amount of work they put in those.

I used a Fantasia potion and redid my character, went from female Au Ra to Hyur, clipping of the horns and tail on Au Ra annoyed me on some gear. Then I had to go the inn room to change my hairstyle since I had chosen a somewhat long hair for the Hyur but that clipped like crazy on my armour's shoulder so went with short hair. I’m so vain. :)

Both the MMO's have great crafting systems.... albiet 11's is like nails on a chalkboard 80% of the time, nothing like having too check day of the week, moon cycle, and the times for enhanced crafts..

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
People are that desperate for info that they're dissecting this picture for new leaks.
xd9dd5qn6nz21.jpg

He's playing DNC so he's got a new job gauge there. You can also see the attribute bar is smaller to reflect the removal of TP.

Yes, this is ridiculous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm so excited for that live letter. I really hope Gunbreaker ends up being cool to play because it's aesthetically amazing to me.

• 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
TWENTY-EIGHT FORTY TO GO. (28h40m in case it's unclear)

MY BODY AND DAY OFF ARE READY. And this spreadsheet for the action changelog.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
TWENTY-EIGHT FORTY TO GO. (28h40m in case it's unclear)

MY BODY AND DAY OFF ARE READY. And this spreadsheet for the action changelog.

I saw someone posting on reddit about making a spreadsheet, I can't wait to dissect that shit lol.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I saw someone posting on reddit about making a spreadsheet, I can't wait to dissect that shit lol.
Was probably me. I'm not really hiding.

If it looked like this then it was. I really wish Google Sheets had the ability to apply a color gradient to only affect one cell, so that it interpolates between one or more colors as you go left-to-right or however you set it up.