Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Do the side blue quests. They can open up other dungeons/raids. I been level 70 for a while and I've gone back and opened up quite few of them so far. Didn't realize how many I missed.

Kay

Golden Squire
You'll need some of the blue quest unlocks anyway, because some of the 60 dungeons are needed for level 70 hm ones, etc. They're probably not great xp at 64, but there's a first time bonus for everything.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
In Stormblood, a lot of the blue quest you see as you level give you Aether Current as a reward which are required to unlock flying in each zones. I know you're just trying to catch up to be ready for Shadowbringers so you might not care much about flying since you're not really planning to play in the Stormblood zones.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
In Stormblood, a lot of the blue quest you see as you level give you Aether Current as a reward which are required to unlock flying in each zones. I know you're just trying to catch up to be ready for Shadowbringers so you might not care much about flying since you're not really planning to play in the Stormblood zones.
I would suggest unlocking it for the Sea of Clouds, Churning Mists, the Fringes, the Peaks, and Ruby Sea though. Flying is an absolute godsend in those zones, especially the last.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is a great tool I always use after I take a break. It has locations of all new quests and systems implemented for each patch so you can make sure you don't miss anything when you return. Should be a good reference for new players as well.

FFXIV Patch Information

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Once you can get allied seals then buying the ground mount running speed maps (CCH comes to mind) is night and day difference in getting around ARR. The whole hunt system and linkshells dedicated to it deserve knowing about.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You don't really need to do ARR hunts though, unless going for achievements like S rank hunt ones. And you do get movespeed 1star already from quests, so it's not as much of an improvement as it used to be back in HW before they added that. And honestly ARR hunts are kinda whatever too, only the S ranks get called out most of the time since everyone can solo the A ranks in 30secs or less, and the S ranks don't really drop relevant stuff, just more allied seals to buy like, ventures or whatever. You can get a steady supply of allied seals doing weeklies on BLU too, in fact you can get enough allied seals to buy all the maps from clearing the carnival the first time on BLU, which only requires one endgame skill to clear one floor(Diamondback).

Shit's mostly useless and I definitely wouldn't recommend bothering with allied seals until you're bored with all the more relevant stuff.

Hunts will be relevant again at ShB launch though, but still mostly non ARR hunts, since you'll want centurio to buy the new tome upgrade mats shit, assuming they keep centurios for this new tier of hunts.

Cybsled

Random E3 Yoshi interview tidbits

- blue mage level bump in 5.1
- some of the crafting cross skills are being made baseline for all crafters. They specifically mentioned brygot’s blessing
- HQ materials will give a bigger buff to item quality starting state
- legacy hair won’t work on Hothgar and only some will be made avail for vierra
- for high tier fights, they plan to get rid of door bosses (ie, don’t have to fight kefka to get god kefka, he’ll just start as god kefka). They also plan to make mechanics less predictable in the high tier fights. They also mentioned loot changes, like spreading some of the loot tokens around the various boss fights (ie, chest token has chance to drop tier 2 instead of tier 4)
- no eta on trusts enabled for legacy content

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You don't really need to do ARR hunts though, unless going for achievements like S rank hunt ones. And you do get movespeed 1star already from quests, so it's not as much of an improvement as it used to be back in HW before they added that. And honestly ARR hunts are kinda whatever too, only the S ranks get called out most of the time since everyone can solo the A ranks in 30secs or less, and the S ranks don't really drop relevant stuff, just more allied seals to buy like, ventures or whatever. You can get a steady supply of allied seals doing weeklies on BLU too, in fact you can get enough allied seals to buy all the maps from clearing the carnival the first time on BLU, which only requires one endgame skill to clear one floor(Diamondback).

Shit's mostly useless and I definitely wouldn't recommend bothering with allied seals until you're bored with all the more relevant stuff.

Hunts will be relevant again at ShB launch though, but still mostly non ARR hunts, since you'll want centurio to buy the new tome upgrade mats shit, assuming they keep centurios for this new tier of hunts.

I pretty much use allied seals for all my port tickets and ventures for retainers. Mainly because they have refused to bump the centuro seal cap above 1k but you can stock up 4k allied before you cap out.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw in case ppl haven't bought the game already, Greenmangaming has it with a bunch of discounts as per usual. Grabbed it for 26euros instead of the base 35euros. Might be EU only not sure, code is E3 for a slightly bigger discount than the basic one(which was already down to 27euros, code only saved me one euro basically). I think I bought both previous expansions from them and didn't have an issue.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Finished Eureka now to wait for shadowbringers

unknown.png
ffxiv_06122019_220349_678.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're just coming over for the jobs nobody wants to do. Like Red Mage.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm

Some updated tool tips for SMN from the E3 build for anyone that cares. Biggest change looks to be bane being flat 60% for all remaining enemies instead of reducing in steps.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some updated tool tips for SMN from the E3 build for anyone that cares. Biggest change looks to be bane being flat 60% for all remaining enemies instead of reducing in steps.
I'm hoping that's the case for all AEs, where it's just a flat falloff from the primary target, if any decrease at all. The verbose diminishing return didn't really feel like it had much to offer, in many cases where the damage falloff would apply (i.e. - 4+ targets)