Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Considering jump potion a WHM. Healer is the only role I dont have at 70. Got SAM, RDM and DRK and will level the DRK first in Shadowbringer.

How is life as a healer? Only played the role in WoW and felt the addons for healing was almost needed to funktion.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Finished Eureka now to wait for shadowbringers

View attachment 211285View attachment 211286

You missed the screenshot with your char on your Ozma mount!

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
Fuck that noise, I'm not doing BA.

Dude you're seriously missing out. I dunno if they'll EVER do anything like BA----it's a fucking unicorn.

It's not that hard, it's basically tuned AROUND the whole no-rezzing thing and all the folks who organize it on the discord have the patience of OSHA safety engineers. It's actually pretty trivial NOW since most people who are there are overgeared people farming it for achieves/mounts.

But it's amazing it exists at all in 2019.

• 1Picard

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I would do Baldesion Arsenal if I didn't have to do Eureka to unlock it.

I'm like level 11 in Anemos. Eureka is the boring, asshatted content this game has released and I want no part of it.

• 1Salty

khorum

Murder Apologist
I would do Baldesion Arsenal if I didn't have to do Eureka to unlock it.

I'm like level 11 in Anemos. Eureka is the boring, asshatted content this game has released and I want no part of it.

WTF? Anemos is hectic, but still fun. Did you try to group up with other newbs huddling together in CL groups? You could prolly find someone with a spot in their car to drive you around with the nm train and get past Anemos super quickly now.

• 1Picard

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
How do you use the phrase "NM train" and not cringe immediately? Nothing is fun about autofollowing for hours and occasionally tagging a mob for EXP. It feels like the game is deliberately wasting my time.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I made it to 26 on my pugilist last night. Other than that, I have just been enjoying exploring the world and trying different things like crafting.

I picked up mining, goldsmithing, and leatherworking. I got my mining and goldsmithing to about level 15 right now. Just started the leatherworking. I like the way crafting is done in this game so far.

Oh, and I got my first mount. Yep. I'm the proud owner of an overgrown chicken named Micaboo.

The one thing I need is more hotbar sets to switch to as I need them. Only having the two hotbar sets is kind of limiting.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
How do you use the phrase "NM train" and not cringe immediately? Nothing is fun about autofollowing for hours and occasionally tagging a mob for EXP. It feels like the game is deliberately wasting my time.

Because although there's some truth to that, the reality is that unless enough people contribute or, at the very least, avoid getting one-shotted, the NM train wouldn't be as efficient as specific camps. And eventually the NM train's exp/time efficiency __DOES__ lose out to targetted prep groups, dragon farming groups, reflect groups, hotbox/coldbox/moistbox farm groups starting around Pyros. Eventually there's so much to do just for loot/cash/emotes that xp/logo farming stops being the reason to be in Eureka at all.

That said, even the Anemos meta is remembered fondly after you've farmed up enough light and frags for a third Physeos weapon, since that was arguably Eureka at it's simplest and most fun.

• 1Picard

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I just... don't find spamming my rotation for hours against mobs with zero mechanical complexity to be any amount of fun.

• 1Worf

khorum

Murder Apologist
I made it to 26 on my pugilist last night. Other than that, I have just been enjoying exploring the world and trying different things like crafting.

I picked up mining, goldsmithing, and leatherworking. I got my mining and goldsmithing to about level 15 right now. Just started the leatherworking. I like the way crafting is done in this game so far.

Oh, and I got my first mount. Yep. I'm the proud owner of an overgrown chicken named Micaboo.

The one thing I need is more hotbar sets to switch to as I need them. Only having the two hotbar sets is kind of limiting.

Consider getting into an FC with a stable so you can start training the chocobo and gain 10% dps/heals/hp bonuses when it develops a favorite food.

• 1Picard

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

What do you mean two hotbar sets

khorum

Murder Apologist
I just... don't find spamming my rotation for hours against mobs with zero mechanical complexity to be any amount of fun.

What? You're level 11 in Anemos, that takes like 45 mins tops. What CONVINCED you that the other 14 levels in Anemos was gonna take "hours"?

If you're toting around feelsy baggage about the philosophy behind Eureka's throwback design, that's cool, there are plenty of folks who will happily whine incessantly with you about Eureka's "elitist" accessibility issues and other butthurt.

But it's NOT "hours" of spamming buttons unless you're doing it horrifically wrong. At the low levels on the Anemos train you just have to stay alive to get high enough to be able to activate the TP shards, then you have to stay alive long enough to contribute...if you can't do that for a couple hours, maybe bring a friend or three. Nowadays it goes by even faster with those cars.

• 1Picard

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Go into char config > hotbar > click on hotbars you want to show, can also select if they're shared(so they're always the same between all classes, like for teleport/recall/limit break/mount etc) or specific to that class. Alternatively, open HUD Layout and right click any of the bars that are hidden to display them.

You can have 10 bars shown at a time. You can also make macros to rotate these bars entirely if needed so you in theory have almost infinite bars(but 10 is enough for most people anyway, shit I don't even use 10).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If there was more time i'd consider hopping in the discord for BA and learning it but at this point it's how much you want the mount. For relics you're almost better off waiting til xpac to farm the Hydatos crystals since those will undoubtably be increased and/or the amount nerfed or something.

• 1Worf

khorum

Murder Apologist
Did you play Eureka at launch?

No. Is it anything like launch NOW? Cuz that's the only thing that matters.

Because I've gone through Anemos a few times and I've never had to stay there longer than a couple hours after the first time.

• 1Picard

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
What do you mean two hotbar sets
I play on the PS4, and when I click R1, it cycles between two different hotbar sets that are mapped to my gamepad. As far as I know, there are only two sets. One of the sets changes based on what class you are currently playing, and the other is the same no matter what class you are currently.