Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Go into char config > hotbar > click on hotbars you want to show, can also select if they're shared(so they're always the same between all classes, like for teleport/recall/limit break/mount etc) or specific to that class. Alternatively, open HUD Layout and right click any of the bars that are hidden to display them.

You can have 10 bars shown at a time. You can also make macros to rotate these bars entirely if needed so you in theory have almost infinite bars(but 10 is enough for most people anyway, shit I don't even use 10).
Do those hotbars cycle in to be used by the gamepad when clicking R1, or do you have to use keyboard/mouse to activate the abilities on those other hotbars? I play on PS4 with a controller.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do those hotbars cycle in to be used by the gamepad when clicking R1, or do you have to use keyboard/mouse to activate the abilities on those other hotbars? I play on PS4 with a controller.
Oh controller bars there's some options in the re too, cross hotbars stuff, then you have an additional option to activate WXHB or whatever it's called. It lets you display more bars. You have one bar when holding R1(or R2 not sure what's default), one bar for holding L1, one bar for holding R1 then L1 and one bar for holding L1 then R1, so 4 bars total x 8 abilities, enough for most classes endgame. Then you can still swap bars if needed. I was talking about normal keyboard bars, the additional gamepad stuff doesn't have separate displays(although iirc you can display them too).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I play on the PS4, and when I click R1, it cycles between two different hotbar sets that are mapped to my gamepad. As far as I know, there are only two sets. One of the sets changes based on what class you are currently playing, and the other is the same no matter what class you are currently.
I'm pretty sure there are more. I remember different shoulder button combos opened more bars

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
No. Is it anything like launch NOW? Cuz that's the only thing that matters.

Because I've gone through Anemos a few times and I've never had to stay there longer than a couple hours after the first time.

Doesn't matter to me. It's still hours of my life being wasted on mind-numbing bullshit I'll never get back. And even after Anemos, it's not like Pyros is much better.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
If there was more time i'd consider hopping in the discord for BA and learning it but at this point it's how much you want the mount. For relics you're almost better off waiting til xpac to farm the Hydatos crystals since those will undoubtably be increased and/or the amount nerfed or something.

The hydatos crystals are more normalized over the relative size of Hydatos itself---IE: you get fewer crystals considering how little travel time it is because the zone is tiny compared to the previous ones. But despite all the bellyaching, Hydatos crystals aren't really the bottleneck there, it's the relative infrequency of spawning the Providence Watcher for the crystalline scales. That said, getting a geared group to prep the PW can make it spawn in less than an instance timer.

All told, Hydatos goes by pretty fast, especially since you can smash through it with the right logos and if you already have a Physeos weapon, you'd be able to solo stuff. Pagos and lightfarming 33 crystals for that leg of the weapon takes SUBSTANTIALLY longer.

• 1Picard

khorum

Murder Apologist
Doesn't matter to me. It's still hours of my life being wasted on mind-numbing bullshit I'll never get back. And even after Anemos, it's not like Pyros is much better.
How the fuck would you know? You never got past level 11 in Anemos.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How about a rework for the entire market board UI, it could use one.

That's one of those things, when asked, Yoshi will inevitably reply something along the lines of "Oh we want to do that but it would require rebuilding the Marketboard system from the "ground up" (their fav words) so maybe in 6.0." lolol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The hydatos crystals are more normalized over the relative size of Hydatos itself---IE: you get fewer crystals considering how little travel time it is because the zone is tiny compared to the previous ones. But despite all the bellyaching, Hydatos crystals aren't really the bottleneck there, it's the relative infrequency of spawning the Providence Watcher for the crystalline scales. That said, getting a geared group to prep the PW can make it spawn in less than an instance timer.

All told, Hydatos goes by pretty fast, especially since you can smash through it with the right logos and if you already have a Physeos weapon, you'd be able to solo stuff. Pagos and lightfarming 33 crystals for that leg of the weapon takes SUBSTANTIALLY longer.
Hydatos crystals are definitely the bottleneck imo. It only takes 2 providence spawns to get your shit done, and generally speaking it spawns at least once a day, during prime time when there's enough people to do claws efficiently. I was done with PW pretty quickly, and that's with killing it twice before being in level range to actually get the rewards. Meanwhile I had to grind for a few additional days to get crystals. Yes you don't run very far, but since they didn't nerf the spawn rate, it still takes a lot of mobs to spawn most of the NMs, and people almost exclusively spawn the lower level ones which give less than 10 a pop. It's way slower than Pyros or Pagos(crystal wise). There is Ovni that helps a bunch though, and the support FATE is great if you can catch that by sniping your datacenter BA run times and queue for Hydatos at the same time but overall it still feels kinda shit and not having to run between FATEs is a very small consolation, especially once you're at cap and have a mount anyway(and even before that, since everyone has a Regalia nowadays, it's really easy to get rides between FATEs even when you're not capped yet).

The whole process was boring as shit, and does take several hours. Anemos goes pretty quickly especially if you do the challenge log, but it slows down quite a lot after that and especially if you're trying to do your relic on the way and not just rushing through the levels(which is a fair bit faster). Still you're looking at 5-10hours for most of each Eureka tier, with possibilities to go faster if you do some reflect farming in Pyros/Hydatos assuming you can afford the reflects and know where to go and all that.

I didn't mind it that much, but I also leveled every class to 50 using FATE grinding in ARR, so you could say I'm a bit biased.

• 1Salty

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Dude you're seriously missing out. I dunno if they'll EVER do anything like BA----it's a fucking unicorn.

It's not that hard, it's basically tuned AROUND the whole no-rezzing thing and all the folks who organize it on the discord have the patience of OSHA safety engineers. It's actually pretty trivial NOW since most people who are there are overgeared people farming it for achieves/mounts.

But it's amazing it exists at all in 2019.

Oh i'm not worried about the Difficulty i'm just burnt out, I went from 0 Elemental level in anemos to grinding up to my Eureka Weapon is just over a week. In fact I had to catch up friends so I have a Warrior Pyros Weapon as well I even have 3 PW scales extra for it. So the second I got my Glamour relic, I logged off and probably won't log back in until the xpac.

I enjoyed Eureka actually but I think doing it all in such a short time made me sick.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Lol Pyros. Used reflect to go from 35 to 47. Ezpz.

• 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
My biggest issue with Eureka was how retarded people are with trash. Training easily avoidable shit under NMs that are being killed, good luck for people with AOE in their rotations.

The number of times I saw a random dragon eating the train while there was no dragon spawn in a 12 miles radius is staggering. Even more so that the only thing you have to do not to aggro the fuckers is WALK.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Lol Pyros. Used reflect to go from 35 to 47. Ezpz.

Sorry, I didn't mean Pyros, I mean the one that comes after Anemos. The snow one. Pagos?

Then they MIGHT know, but how would YOU?

You just think you know, but since you never got past level 11 in Anemos, you really don't.

I read what people had to say and they outlined exactly why they hated it. That's good enough for me.

• 1Salty

Malakriss

After I did the initial level up blitz and first relic with Merr I learned to be a drifter and just check the weather tracker. Pagos Fog you should be hopping in for an Arthro kill / belt chance. Anemos gales / Pyros blizzards are usually up at the same time so check if they pre-prepped Paz or if it's even night. I've passed the point of needing Paz feathers but i'll take the 50 crystals.

Also what's the likelihood PW scales won't be buyable too? The rarest things in there are the Ceto magicite piece and Cassie earrings and it's not like stock is going to go up in the xpac.

• 1Like

Merrith

Sorry, I didn't mean Pyros, I mean the one that comes after Anemos. The snow one. Pagos?

I read what people had to say and they outlined exactly why they hated it. That's good enough for me.

They did nerf Pagos quite a bit from what I heard. I didn't come into Eureka until about a month/month and a half ago. Granted I grinded in there pretty hard, but I finished first relic in a little under 9 days from basically starting fresh. By the time I was ready to get out of Pagos (level 35, crystals/louhi ice to finish relic step there) I had enough light (you need 31 total light crystals) plus an extra 14 or so towards a 2nd relic for that step.

I get it if people don't like the NM train, although it is super efficient and learning all the routes and what not was fun for me. It just seemed way less grindy than light farms or other steps for the ARR/HW relics.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Also what's the likelihood PW scales won't be buyable too? The rarest things in there are the Ceto magicite piece and Cassie earrings and it's not like stock is going to go up in the xpac.
Wouldn't be buyable till after 5.0 but maybe not even then. Even as legacy content ppl will be going back to Eureka for the mounts and the emotes anyway. And considering the rarity of the emotes, they'll likely stay expensive long after 5.0 so even ppl who don't care about equipping them would still farm them for the millions of gil they're worth.

I thought BA would've died down by now but I still get discord spam on my phone about owl raids and midday double-farms in addition to several primetime runs.

• 1Picard