Finding a cyber security workaround

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not sure where to post this, or if this is even allowed.

I'd like some help from a tech savvy forum bro. My knowledge of internet protocol and securities is limited at best.

I work on a high security PC on a high security network. They use a program called Zscaler to block many sites via a tunnel or some such. Essentially the websites come up as blocked based on what type of website it is. Media, social, games etc. I can watch video and listen to media if it's the right type and hosted on the right websites. Nothing from youtube even if its translated, embedded whatever. The only work around I found is that there are smaller websites that aren't categorized and I can play flash games or watch media if its hosted by the website. No form of anonymizer has worked, no VPNS can't use USBs, have no access to browser settings. can't install programs.

Can anyone assist me in finding entertainment instead of working?

If not, are there any websites that host media privately? :)

This website works just fine for example.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This post glows so hard I had to go find sunglasses.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
This sounds like a great way to get fired given the steps your work IT department already takes to limit resource use.

• 1Truth!

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't worry, no ones going to go after you, I promise :honkler:

Seriously tho, I'm too important to fire

• 1OK, Sure
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure where to post this, or if this is even allowed.

I'd like some help from a tech savvy forum bro. My knowledge of internet protocol and securities is limited at best.

I work on a high security PC on a high security network. They use a program called Zscaler to block many sites via a tunnel or some such. Essentially the websites come up as blocked based on what type of website it is. Media, social, games etc. I can watch video and listen to media if it's the right type and hosted on the right websites. Nothing from youtube even if its translated, embedded whatever. The only work around I found is that there are smaller websites that aren't categorized and I can play flash games or watch media if its hosted by the website. No form of anonymizer has worked, no VPNS can't use USBs, have no access to browser settings. can't install programs.

Can anyone assist me in finding entertainment instead of working?

If not, are there any websites that host media privately? :)

This website works just fine for example.
Can't you just preload some movies on your phone every day?

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
No phones, no tablets, no books, internet.

It seems like you should be smart enough to figure out the answer to this yourself.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Obviously you need to hack it from the outside

1669744509710.png

• 1Mother of God