Fire Emblem Fates

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Treehouse and 8-4 really need to weed out the handful of assholes they employ who think it's acceptable to inject retarded memes and nonsense words into the scripts, and the SJWs who sit around all day looking for things that are "problematic" (and it would not surprise me in the slightest if those two groups had major overlap). Most of their staff seems to be fairly professional, but the idiots make them all look bad.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Fry's is going to have copies of the Special Edition on release date and they aren't taking pre-orders/online orders on them.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Bought Birthright today and cannot fucking wait to get home. Anybody have impressions to share of either game? I'll be getting conquest but I'm not a series veteran, so I'll start with Noob Emblem.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Going to hold off. Treehouse has thoroughly alienated me and I'm not sure if I want to buy the game now.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
A lot of things. Removal of skinship, censorship of outfits... though I could deal with it if it were just those. For me, what's putting me off is the dialogue choices. Most of the language is either infantalized, memes, or both. I recently replayed Sacred Stones and comparing the way the characters talked in that game to the "rawr~~~~ XD so randum!!!!" of Fates really makes me disgusted with what Treehouse has done.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
The censorship bothers me not at all, but I agree with the infantile dialogue. I dearly hope those excerpts posted earlier don't represent the bulk of the writing.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had Birthright pre-ordered and it was suppose to be delivered today. Still not here, check status online, just says "Delivery Delay" as the status. Hopefully that just means it'll come tomorrow.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Been able to play about half an hour so far and it seems indistinguishable (minus dragon blood) from Awakening so far. Which is fine, becase that game is superb.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Was hoping to play this while the kids sell their girl scout cookies outside Lowes but my special edition got delayed a week by Bestbuy for some reason. Not too mad as they are giving me a $20 gift card for the delay and still have Xcom2 and Darkest Dungeon to finish. Never really played these for the story, but it bums me out that Nintendo is going back to what sounds like the Ted Woolsey era minus the charm. Really thought after Bayonetta 2 Nintendo was done with bullshit changes.

Budos

I've put in about 8 hours so far and I am enjoying it more than I did Awakening. I started with Birthright on Lunatic/Casual and it's challenging enough to make me grind and plan things out. Magic is no where near as OP as it was in Awakening, and they've balanced the weapons all really well I think (for example, swords have ranged options now). On Birthright, even without the xp DLC, you can grind by paying gold and you make the gold back from mobs in the map,butit seems like lower level mobs give very, very little XP if you're too high compared to them. The min. xp/mob is 4.

With the Treehouse stuff, yeah I wish they hadn't messed with stuff so much, but the shitty dialogue was the same in Awakening and I skim all of the conversation for the most part anyway. I would say based on what I've played that the story/writing is better than Awakening. That said, I do miss the dual audio that Awakening had. I find bad English voice acting to be 100x more grating than 99% of Japanese voice acting, but that's just me.

I really enjoy the game and it's awesome that I'm only on chapter 8 and still have 2 other whole routes to play through.

Also, if people want to post their castle codes, I will add them to the OP.
Mine is: 01441-23690 | 87043-84766
and Nintendo friend ID: 3926-8168-5256

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Cool man, thanks for the preliminary review. About to get home and will sink my 1-2 available hours into it tonight. Tomorrow and its freetime can't come soon enough. I haven't gotten far enough to have been freed from early-narrative moorings yet, so no castle or non-story skirmishes so far.

Budos

Cool man, thanks for the preliminary review. About to get home and will sink my 1-2 available hours into it tonight. Tomorrow and its freetime can't come soon enough. I haven't gotten far enough to have been freed from early-narrative moorings yet, so no castle or non-story skirmishes so far.
Did you go with a cartridge of Birthright to start?

Also if you buy one of the cartridges, the other two paths are 800 blocks of memory each (1600 total) and the other dlc maps are all pretty small too. There's also a freebie map for release that you can play after getting your castle.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Did you go with a cartridge of Birthright to start?

Also if you buy one of the cartridges, the other two paths are 800 blocks of memory each (1600 total) and the other dlc maps are all pretty small too. There's also a freebie map for release that you can play after getting your castle.
Yeah, bought Birthright cartridge.

Budos

Sweet class chart:

rrr_img_127098.jpg

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I was referring to how only the Troubador/Strategist/Butler line seems to be able to use staves on the Nohr side. And the Sniper, apparently. (Which has been renamed to Adventurer...why?)