Fire Emblem Fates

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I was referring to how only the Troubador/Strategist/Butler line seems to be able to use staves on the Nohr side. And the Sniper, apparently. (Which has been renamed to Adventurer...why?)
Adventurer = Trickster with bows instead of swords.

Budos

And I have to fight all of this...
rrr_img_127104.jpg

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
About 7 hours to go and then I get to spend the evening with this game! I know Birthright is the the more casual of the two, but thus far it seems significantly harder than Awakening. Maybe I just forgot how to play
frown.png

Budos

About 7 hours to go and then I get to spend the evening with this game! I know Birthright is the the more casual of the two, but thus far it seems significantly harder than Awakening. Maybe I just forgot how to play
frown.png
It's still pretty hard even with grinding. Which difficulty did you go with to start?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So glad I got Stella Glow instead after reading all this #torrentialdownpour shit.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Raaaage! Didn't get my copy today either. Damn USPS. I swear 1/2 the time I order anything online and it has to ship through USPS it never shows up when it's suppose to. Never have problems with UPS or Fedex but damn postal service...was hoping to sink a handful of hours into the game this weekend but now I'll probably get it monday or tuesday but won't have much time to play at all until next wknd, laaame.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I heard that game is pretty bad, though.
This probably needs to go in the RPG thread, but the only thing I've ever heard anybody complain about consistently is battle speed. More specifically, the length of opponents' turns and the wait that requires of the player. I own it but havent played it yet.

Budos

I started getting some other skills for characters, mostly early ones and I set up my castle to be easily taken. Just make sure you fight in my castle and go straight for the throne.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
It is going to take a lot of willpower not to abuse the mycastle stuff. I already got a dlc character not yet released and aptitude on my main guy. Had to stop myself from going to every high rated castle collecting all kinds of freebies.

Budos

Well, it is the best investment gold wise to upgrade your characters. Buying Luna for 375 gold is crazy town when you compare the cost to upgrading an iron weapon to +1, which is 1000 gold and a resource. Aptitude being 2500 is steep though.

I guess the once a day visiting helps moderate abusing it a bit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ive been playing this all weekend, started with birthright. Its way better than awakening imo. The censorship is the only real downside and its only noticable in the fact that when you invite someone back to your crib, theres nothing to do.

Budos

After watching the skinship videos I'm kinda glad it's gone. It seems more tedious than anything, even now I wish the 2d scenes could be skipped, except when Kagero is there...

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah the feature as it was didn't impress me much either. Its just that waste of like 10 seconds while you stare at the face of the person you invite with nothing to do but pan up and down is a pretty jarring sort of gap for some reason.

Its not really that big a deal, honestly even talking about it makes a bigger deal of it than its worth. I just felt it should be mentioned since it was such a big deal to people before the game came out.

The actual maps are really well done, the story is sufficiently interesting due to the hard choice between sides to pick and the replayability is sky high. I can't recommend this enough if you liked Awakening at all, you should really dig this one.

So glad I got Stella Glow instead after reading all this #torrentialdownpour shit.
This should be you right now

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the feature as it was didn't impress me much either. Its just that waste of like 10 seconds while you stare at the face of the person you invite with nothing to do but pan up and down is a pretty jarring sort of gap for some reason.

Its not really that big a deal, honestly even talking about it makes a bigger deal of it than its worth. I just felt it should be mentioned since it was such a big deal to people before the game came out.
Yes, "skinship" sounds stupid. Since I get annoyed when I have to use the stylus at all, and have even less interest in getting fingerprints on my bottom screen, I probably would have looked at it once and then never bothered again. That's the great thing about optional content, right? That's not even the point anyway. It's about Memehouse having a bunch of SJWs on staff who have decided what everyone outside Japan is allowed to see, and Nintendo of America going along with it.

They have people localizing games who don't even speak Japanese. They take the translated script and turn things they find "problematic" into fan-fic, and they apparently either are allowed creative control or they simply have no oversight. Character's personalities change, the tone of conversations change, and their idea of humor is injecting stupid internet memes that are already dated by the time the game ships.

I don't doubt that the actual gameplay is great, especially Conquest since I personally prefer FE1-7 to Awakening and never played any of the GC/Wii games, but between the nonsense of splitting the game into three parts and making the all-in-one version limited and the localization fiasco I have no regrets at all for giving it a pass just on general principles.

This should be you right now
No, itshouldbe the people at Memehouse and Nintendo of America right now, but I know better than to expect self-awareness from people like that. Me, I'm enjoying Stella Glow just fine.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
They didn't just remove features and translate it terribly. They removed entire conversations as well. This translation house is garbage. Apparently there is an English patch for the Japanese version, if you're able to run homebrew stuff.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah thats fucked up.

All that relationship stuff is filler content, the srpg is all I care about and that part remains solid, but yeah. They need someone else doing the translating and nintendo needs to get up off their dicks on the censorship stuff.

Added:

Truth be told, though, I really don't read any of that shit. I just start the conversation then hit start to skip past it. I'm interested in the improving relationships for their effects in battle, and couldn't really care less about the soap opera dialogues. That's a personal preference though. I can see someone who is interested in that stuff being super irked by it.