Fire Emblem Heroes

grunt

N00b
Surprised people play Tactical Waifu Simulator here.

I've been playing since a couple of weeks after launch. Pretty fun game, although my interest has been lowering on the past few weeks. Since April a bunch of things were introduced, and I keep playing mostly because I managed to get a pretty wide roster of 5 star heroes.

I'm kind of proud I did every infernal mode so far, so that kind of counts too. Decent level of challenge for a p2w mobile gacha tbh.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I stopped playing a while ago, got too pay to win to clear the hardest content. Felt bad when I couldn't clear the hardest difficulty.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper is the real deal for these sorts of games. All the characters are free, gatcha is for gear and it's fairly generous on free pulls. Been playing that for nearly 3 years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

grunt

N00b
I stopped playing a while ago, got too pay to win to clear the hardest content. Felt bad when I couldn't clear the hardest difficulty.

I see. It's possible to finish infernal modes with free to play units, but it can be very hard. Generally it's more about having hard counters and suitable baits than having strong units.

But the game is not without its problems, powercreep is a problem, and old units are slowly made obsolete as they release new, stronger units.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I see. It's possible to finish infernal modes with free to play units, but it can be very hard. Generally it's more about having hard counters and suitable baits than having strong units.

But the game is not without its problems, powercreep is a problem, and old units are slowly made obsolete as they release new, stronger units.

Yeah I saw on reddit that very specific combos of weaker units could beat the hardest content, but you needed those units levelled up which was a hard grind. After making a badass Takumi or Lucina from inheritance it sucked that you couldn't use them on the harder fights.

grunt

N00b
I went through the same thing early on. I think it was on the Michalis GHB, I had a handful of good units at the time, but none were suitable baits for that fight on Lunatic mode it was frustrating. It was also the last time I was unable to complete a challenge. The introduction of Skill Inheritance also changed things a lot. For example, Takumi was king in the first couple of months. Now he is just an okay archer.

But, I like to build up a wide roster of heroes rather than focusing on the same few I like the most. So when Infernal mode was introduced I had plenty of options built up. Some unlikely hero builds really trivialize fights. For example, having a Triangle Adept Raudrraven Sophia made Clarisse GHB a walk in the park.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Picked this up recently. Thread hasn't been active for a while, anyone still playing this?
Lol I was shocked to find out I was the OP when I saw this had been bumped!

For me the game was just too difficult even after a few paid pulls, it feels bad to miss out on rewards from time limited events as a day 1 player. It also took up too much time to play.

If you haven't already try Final Fantasy Record Keeper (3 years old) or Brave Exvius (2 years old), those are the only two active threads here now. Personally I'm playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper, it's excellent.