<Fires of Heaven> WoW Guild - [Horde] [Hyjal-US]

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dumb question, but I have to be on the server for invite into the guild right? If so boo. Thrall so lucrative on the AH.

Guess I could pump a level 100 (I think I have a 90 mage there).l

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Actually, is it even worth moving my other chars over to Hyjal from way back, or should I just level from scratch? Sounds like with all the new stuff in game, the only reason I'd want to move any chars over is the nostalgia.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Couple people leveled chars to max in a matter of days so I don't think you need to necessarily move anyone. I think we can guild invite if you're on the same server cluster but we haven't done that yet. As always I do allow cross realm raiding but then you're not in the guild.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'll log in my DK and see if I even remember how to play shit, then I'll decide. It's been years.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Ya I'm right at like 4500g so I'm close to the new mount or I could pick up several pieces of heirloom equipment. Not looking for handouts, just advice =)

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I guess the other question that comes to mind is -- is WoW still the absolute UI mod shitfest it was years ago, or is there a good core of stuff that everyone has and that's that?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I use the Elvui package and download a few extras like dbm. Been using it for years and it's pretty complete and nice

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think most people use elvui, or something like it. I personally don't use any big ui mods. I use bagnon, dbm, skada, and gtfo. I think that's it. And I don't feel like I'm suffering or underperforming or anything.

^^^
He beat me to it.

lindz

#DDs
Ya I'm right at like 4500g so I'm close to the new mount or I could pick up several pieces of heirloom equipment. Not looking for handouts, just advice =)
Don't bother with heirlooms since you'll need a ton of cash to upgrade them as well. The default heirlooms only go to 60.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Cool. Thanks. Appears I already moved my warrior, not my DK as I thought I had, so guess I'm good to go once I get to whatever max level is now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Speaking of ui anyone know a nice minimalist one? Elvui is my goto but something with not a lot on the screen would be great

xzi

Mouthbreather
Still not sure on transferring but put my info up in the signup cause I highly doubt my friends are going to raid at all with all the PvP changes.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went fully customizable UI this time.

Bartender
MoveAnything (this is the big one)
WeakAuraus
Grid
Shadow Unit Frames
Bagnon
Opie (My favorite. It frees up so much Quickbar space)
SexyMap
Skada
Clique

However, if you don't like Elvui I would highly suggest checking out nUI. It's basically everything I was going for with my custom UI. However, after hours of setting up my UI I couldn't get rid of it.

pvw24241_thumb.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Both can impact your leveling speed pretty dramatically. Heirlooms and Moun, that is. There really isnt a rush at the moment though. Everything at max lvl isnt done with any fervor since the expansion is soon to be released. You can also buy a fuck ton of heirlooms in UC in the rogue quarter.

I think people are selling tokens on the AH for gold, so there is always that option. Buy one, sell it, buy what you need. Without asking for any help that is. Most people that have played for a while have gold for days though. Im not one, but yea... haha
This is what I did to help out and give me a boost. Bought a token, sold it for 40k, and then I had heirlooms covered, and the different flying training. Worked out really well.

As for UI. I went with Diablo UI for a while, and that was minimalist and neat for a while, but got sick of it. Went full custom, but still really minimalist. nUI I wouldn't like because it takes up the bottom half of your screen pretty much. F that. I use:

Dominos
IceHUD (this is what I realized from using Diablo UI, I like my health bars near my character)
HealBot Continued (if I ever play Resto on shaman it's nice, and I like their raid frames)
Omni CC
Quartz
Recount
Titan Panel (Personal favorite from years past. Love seeing time to level and other experience information)

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
My Rogue is still in guild, but I am will to xfer my DK over for another tank if needed. My primary gaming time is late night/weekends now though.