<Fires of Heaven> WoW Guild - [Horde] [Hyjal-US]

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I tried fury warrior a bit and it's literally 3-4 buttons and sometimes activate specials

Fury is 3 main abilities + execute, a 1-min cooldown, then however many active talents you take (I use two, Avatar and Dragon Roar). Anything else during an encounter is going to be shit like mobility, heroic leap/charge, etc. I personally like all the simplified classes. Was never a fan of complex rotations.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I want to play, but I hate playing when I'm not good at my rotation yet, but I'm too lazy to look up all the new Warlock shit. What's the current best Warlock spec? I can feel my carpal tunnel already...
For progression raiding, right now its:

Destro>Aff>>>>>>>>Demo

Tuning at the start of the expansion will probably make both Destro and Aff viable. Mechanically, Demo needs a lot of changes to be anything but a single target spec. It has talents that are ok at burst AE, but like Crone said it's a major ramp up spec and awful at target switching. The rotation is clunky too. It just feels like it wasn't worked out entirely, which maybe makes sense since it's brand new. Visually the spec is really awesome though.

Right now Destro is the safe spec to start out as and what I'm going as on my main. The havoc changes make it the best cleave spec in the game and it remains really good at burst on priority targets. Both of those things are always going to be needed. It plays similar to WOD destro. Right now shard generation is kind of painful, but it was at the start of WOD too. Mudflation over the course of the expansion will take care of that.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Affliction has some aids gameplay with the Effigy talent at the end I've read. Optimal use is placing it at the bosses' feet for the rng dot explosion pulses, and since it can only be cast at your feet... yeah, lot of running around just to place something that gives you 5% damage boost or w/e it maths out to and then having the boss get moved away from it.

I'm trying to like shadow priest (probably priest alt, DH main), but playing last night without mods I had no idea how much of a downz clown I was being in dungeons while leveling since I had no damage meter.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I want to play, but I hate playing when I'm not good at my rotation yet, but I'm too lazy to look up all the new Warlock shit. What's the current best Warlock spec? I can feel my carpal tunnel already...

Provide me a max level char that just has to hit a key repeatedly and I'll get in on this with you.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I already said I had gone in naked with no addons and that it was a tiny huge mistake! Shtap abusing meeee.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Affliction has some aids gameplay with the Effigy talent at the end I've read. Optimal use is placing it at the bosses' feet for the rng dot explosion pulses, and since it can only be cast at your feet... yeah, lot of running around just to place something that gives you 5% damage boost or w/e it maths out to and then having the boss get moved away from it.

I'm trying to like shadow priest (probably priest alt, DH main), but playing last night without mods I had no idea how much of a downz clown I was being in dungeons while leveling since I had no damage meter.
I've read some really interesting theorycrafting on just how awesome Aff is going to be in Mythic+ due to it's nuts AE ability. If everything stays as is, I think Destro remains the go to raiding spec, but sounds like Aff has a place in 5 mans. Being able to AE trash quick is going to be important in those timed runs.

But Destro was the be all spec at the very start of HFC too then they buffed Aff (or they nerfed Destro a tad? I forget) bringing them more in line with one another.

I can say that you're safe rolling Destro for the range of things you'll be doing in Legion at least at the start.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I already said I had gone in naked with no addons and that it was a tiny huge mistake! Shtap abusing meeee.

Wasn't picking on you, someone at work showed me this addon and I just wanted to share it, you just happened to have a very quotable reason to share :)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol I was going to play Warlock specifically cause we didnt have one. Figures Soy would end up playing one :p

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, it was down to Mord and myself near the end. I was the only mail wearer that showed up whatsoever lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Around 9pm EST tonight i'm going to run 4 timewalking dungeons in quick succession if anyone wants to join

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Around 9pm EST tonight i'm going to run 4 timewalking dungeons in quick succession if anyone wants to join
Depending on when I get the kids to bed, I might be up for that. It might be a little later than 9pm EST though (I'm CDT, and the kids are hopefully sleeping by 8pm CDT).

selis

Molten Core Raider
Moved my Hpally over last night and played around with it. Feels very watered down. Leaning towards whammy/druid with boost since it seems like with pruning a new class would be a good idea.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks like there's quite a few that are able to make raids on Monday evenings, the normal 9pm EST times. If it works out, that might be a good time, for anyone that wants to stay on a little later, so roll into some Mythic dungeons. Of course it could be like some guilds I've been in where the raid ends, and every single person logs out. lol...

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gotta say, if my DK was Horde I'd be playing that. Unholy is just in such a great place right now.

However, by the spreadsheet it looks like we are lack on RDPS. I'll be happy to go Warlock. It's always been my favorite class and although I hate Destro, Affliction is fun. I can also do Spriest or Hunter if we need those RDPS. But IMO, more gateways is the new more dots.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I still have my 100 boost and I'm happy to go RDPS for guild, torn between Fire Mage and MM Hunter? Thoughts?

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't speak for mm, but fire is great. Good flow, lots of big hits, great numbers. Just hoping it doesn't get nerfed.