First EverQuest, 3 screenshots

Cybsled

I was a slow leveler X_X
ding60.jpg

1st Dain kill I think?
dain-kill.jpg

The first gnome monk in EQ1, over a decade before Mists of Pandaria in WoW let me roll one normally lol
cybgnome1.jpg

GM accidentally gave me a championship ring, then forced me to destroy it
cry-ring.jpg

Average cleric train in PoH
ClericTrain.jpg

Plane of Mischief...neat zone, but absolutely worthless except as a "cool kids club" since no one could get there easily
asszilla.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rais

Trakanon Raider
How people played in that stupid ass window I'll never understand why. Learn how to press F10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Less lag. When I went full screen back then, it got really laggy during raids.

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
Less lag. When I went full screen back then, it got really laggy during raids.

You've got the nostalgia flowing deep within my veins. I feel like I'm tempted to do something stupid, like install P99 or something.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Plane of Mischief...neat zone, but absolutely worthless except as a "cool kids club" since no one could get there easily
It was actually great for druids and shamans to rot mobs down in and farm all those cards. I loved it in there.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How people played in that stupid ass window I'll never understand why. Learn how to press F10.

It was definitely a performance issue in 1999. Tiny render window was a lot smoother than full screen.

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Forgot screencaps were originally all in .bmp Christ, I had to convert them before I could even upload.

Here's what I remember staring at a lot...

EQ000211.jpg

EQ000136.jpg

EQ000154.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have a bunch on a CD but I'm too lazy to walk to the closet and get it.
Funny thing is that I don't even have a machine with a CD drive any more. I have to find the old Windows XP laptop I keep in a bucket of junk if I need something off one.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
It was actually great for druids and shamans to rot mobs down in and farm all those cards. I loved it in there.

As a druid, as soon as we cleared near the entrance in NToV, I YOLO'd it to the zone in after the raid and bound there. The cards could be used to make those resist flowers which were awesome and stacked with regular resist buffs.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Fuck yeah, Cybsled was on my server, Cazic Thule!

I remember starting out and thinking that all the high end guilds were so fucking cool and one day I was gonna be like them!

Then it turned out they were nothing but a bunch of dudes cybering each other for loot.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Fuck yeah, Cybsled was on my server, Cazic Thule!

I remember starting out and thinking that all the high end guilds were so fucking cool and one day I was gonna be like them!

Then it turned out they were nothing but a bunch of dudes cybering each other for loot.

Pfft, I didn't cyber anyone for loot. That was The Relentless. Thornsong gave my grey suede boots from VP to a wood elf druid who was cybering for loots. She wanted them "for the AC", even though they were BiS for monks ;/

I'll post some more screens

Screen after we killed Vent. Sleeper woke up about 10 minutes after she died, give or take. I got the only sleeper monk robe on the server when I had to roll vs. a monk in The Relentless for it ;)

vent-dead.jpg

Ancient pic...before I was uber lol

stats.jpg

Sleeper got all the way to Skyshrine, then bugged out after killing Yeli. Pretty sure Sleeper wiped a guild that was trying to clear the zone lol

sleeper11.jpg

Before we woke the sleeper...with a fun time stamp! I remember it took a virtual act of god to get enough people to attempt a sleeper awakening. DAoC has stolen a lot of people from the various guilds at the time. Brotherhood of the Spider (Drow) had hooked us up with the ranged/arrow strat for killing the final dragon. A good chunk of us who played WoW later actually merged with Drow in that game, although majority of the old EQ folks didn't play past a few months in vanilla.

sleeper.jpg

GM event. Some low level pally got the artifact at the end of all of it.
scale2.jpg

Replay after he won Pally BotB. He had one of the most unique player titles in the game as a result, as he got Commander from the Lanys vs. Firona Vie event (that is also where I got my Sgt. title), then he got the "of Qeynos" for winning BotB.

replay-botb.jpg

People buffing after a CR before 1st Nag kill on server. The entire zone had crashed, repopped, and people were getting murdered by all the respawned fire giants (mages/wizards who had bound in the hall way lost some levels in some cases). The server had to band together to save the raiders, pushed by the GM, who made it very clear they wanted a Nag kill on the server lol. The GMs were very competitive with their servers ;)
NagRaid4.jpg

• 1Like

Cybsled

Dancing giant dorf at the BotB tournament

melzilla2.jpg

Me and Undead Lords fighting the GM of the server

kata4.jpg

Random shit from Innoruk...forgot why I even took pics, shit wasnt for monks!

inny.jpg

Typical Plane of Hate zone in lol

Hate-dead.jpg

I don't remember the context of this shot...Nag was on farm at the time, guess they just wanted a guild shot

Guild-shot2.jpg

Frooooooooakkkkk
froglokz.jpg

I think this was from the 1st Nag kill rescue raid.
FG2.jpg

The Wynnz family

assling.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Great screenshots Cyb. Wish I still had screenshots from back in the day. Gwiff from your pally botb screenshot was a mentor of mine, I didn't join Cohort Chalybeius until right before Kunark.

For some reason I thought Coterie Nocturne freed the sleeper on our server. Might be that I just remember them as the big bad guys.. but I thought all of the BFA had to farm their primal off of trash in ST. I know i did.

Cybsled

I think Coterie Nocturne had xfered off the server by then. I want to say maybe Mid-Velious? Primal dropped off trash in ST if I recall, with the mini-bosses having a higher than normal drop rate (progenitor). The dragons at the end of the tomb had guaranteed primal drops. Once we had the last 3 on farm, everyone had so many primal weapons that we started to feed them to NPCs lol. I remember us feeding Tunare whips and primal weapons to Dain just to fuck with guilds attempting to fight him. Server got pissed because after Sleeper woke, primals stopped dropping and some alternate version only started to drop in the zone off trash.

Speaking of CN, here are some pics back when Shadowed Soul/Coterie Nocturne/Divine Alliance all worked together.

Conga2.jpg

Another cooperation kill in Fear. I remember after they buffed Fear, CN was the first to figure out how to break the zone. When we figured it out as well, eventually both sides got sick of train wars/etc and we started to cooperate so the loot could flow.

CT-Attack.jpg

Dead Cohort ranger...dunno who it is ;p Looks like it was in SolB

Dead-CC.jpg

Sebillis

elf-head.jpg

A wild Harla Dar appears

harla.jpg

Another shot from 1st Nag kill

NagRaid.jpg

And another...lol at Paladins in ruby armor

NagRaid3.jpg

The corpse in the shot got stuck on the 2nd floor of hate (before it was open). I forgot how it happened...I think you would get feared and could clip up there by accident. GM eventually summoned his corpse after we argued it was a bug and not an intended mechanic.
talrenos.jpg

Our first Trak kill? We had someone in guild who was indifferent con to the zone (they nerfed the ability to do that, but she was grandfathered in). We used to use her to scout for Trak and summon people past all the trash, but downside is she couldn't level in Seb or risk losing that faction. It allowed her to roam through almost the entire zone without anything aggroing her.
trak.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... Server got pissed because after Sleeper woke, primals stopped dropping and some alternate version only started to drop in the zone off trash.

Primals weren't an issue. The Ancient Prismatic weapons that dropped afterward had the exact same stats, just a different name.

The loss of Sceptre of Destruction, Salindrite Dagger, Gnome Mask, Monk Robe, etc were the real penalty.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Don't mean to derail but what was the original intent for loot in PoM? Was it unfinished or was the tables populated as intended? I have so many great pics i'll upload later.