First EverQuest, 3 screenshots

Cybsled

Don't mean to derail but what was the original intent for loot in PoM? Was it unfinished or was the tables populated as intended? I have so many great pics i'll upload later.

Given the history of SoE, I am guessing it just was never finished. Besides the resist flower hat things, I don't recall anything else worth a damn there. It was just a hidden "bonus" zone for the most part.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There was class armor too. At least the chest pieces were there. The druid twisted nature was pink, had one.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Don't mean to derail but what was the original intent for loot in PoM? Was it unfinished or was the tables populated as intended? I have so many great pics i'll upload later.

There was class armor too. At least the chest pieces were there. The druid twisted nature was pink, had one.

Yeah it was unfinished and was going to be where you kill Bristlebane. They eventually finished it in a later expansion.

All of the class armor was in there and some had some odd clickies. Every BP had ring of misty from what I remember. Also the resist items.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am kind of amazed how much detail some of you guys remember from EQ, then again I can probably still run through the original Zelda blind and can remember what pipes to skip levels in Mario Bros, I can remember a ton of camps mobs / drops from EQ but some of the most obscure shit you guys are able to snap off is almost impressive. If only that information was useful in acquiring money or pussy, tis a shame otherwise this board could rule the world.

One thing EQ still has and old WoW had were some memorable entrances to shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This first pic was when a weird bug happened with items offered in the bazaar. You see the stats of the Cold Iron Bracer which are all messed up: way too high for the era. Skilmod Dodge of 75% is insane too. The effect is mentioned on ZAM (Alla's) but not linked to any item so I am thinking it may be a GM effect. (100% Memblur)
cibseller.jpg

Second pic is of the Toll booth in the old Commonlands. Which were so much better then the generic looking shitty combined area they are now.
toll.jpg

Last pic is one of the many Graffiti that the annoying Irontoe family left behind in the Qeynos Aquaducts: easily one of the coolest designed zones in MMO history.
irontoe.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
EQAllAlone.png

First Sky clear... some how me and another guy lived. Was fun...

EQWindmill02.JPG

Gonna post a few scenic sceens.... it seemed so awesome back then.

EQSGFest.jpg

EQGMevent03.jpg

Unrest GM Event...

EQDain.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider

Never finished. It was buggy as hell too. We looked at the original PoM several times over the years, hoping to finish the original version, but we never really had the time.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Never finished. It was buggy as hell too. We looked at the original PoM several times over the years, hoping to finish the original version, but we never really had the time.

What was the intent? In the past, planes somewhat complimented each other in terms of gear, quest pieces, etc. but was not really sure what PoM's role was in the grand scheme of player/character progression. I'm a sucker for planes and EQ deity lore.

Notice this was on YouTube claiming to be the "original" version... not sure how far along this version was in development.

Cybsled

I don't think there was a tank, we just brought a frog back to the zone in lol

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like how you guys dropped swords across the invis bridge. There was a baby mushroom mob at the start of the bridge. We would just chain fear the thing and it would path directly across the middle of it. Conga line to follow across, but you still always had a death or two. Fun times!

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've seen a monk dropping daggers fall off and 2-3 people followed him over the side after. Great stuff.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Having a sit down in Kithicor Forest long before the evil night version
e5BTSAU.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hadden

Trakanon Raider
My original screenshots are lost to time but I managed to save the original NextGen articles featuring EQ (which ultimately led to me buying it and playing it obsessively)

EQ_Magscan_1.jpg
EQ_Magscan_2.jpg
EQ_Magscan_4.jpg
EQ_Magscan_5.jpg

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think we sometimes forget just how revolutionary this was.... well, maybe that's a bit much but essentially every paper/pencil, TCG, and RPG we played suddenly came to life in a massive, online form.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Ah the time it was definitely revolutionary and it pretty much set the standard for MMOs afterwards in terms of base expectations for a MMO.

• 1Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
How the fuck some of you have personal computer pictures from that far back is remarkable af.

I posted about 1500 one time on an old old board (maybe early foh). I had it archived and treasured it. I lost it, and don't know how. Sucks. I had it through my entire EQ journey from 1999 to 2007 and wow did I have stories to tell.

Best story was the screenshots of the GMs forcing Faite and Xygon to roll for Emperor Ssra on Stromm server and Faite rolled a 100 and Xygon rolled a 2. hahaha. Then we killed him and RoI got the next spawn, which they managed to wipe on...

Shit was good times. I hate nostalgia threads.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users