First high school reunion coming up

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I saw no reason to go to mine whatsoever. Anyone I wanted to keep in contact with I have, there's a reason I'm not in contact with anyone else from high school.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Never went to mine either. I was only close with a few people anyway, and we are still friends. All the other people I could give 2 shits about. Never cared back then and why should I now care? Fuck high school. So many people end up living their life stuck in that era. especially the popular crowd that ended up being nothing. I rememer one dude in particular, mr jock, mr popular delivered me pizza one day back when I was like 30 something. It was the most rewarding reunion ever.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Didn't go to mine. I wasn't unpopular but I wasn't popular, either. Went to a massive HS so it was easy to get lost in the crowd so I was mostly like that. Like mostly everyone if I cared enough to keep in contact then I'd keep in contact. I saw no reason to interact with a bunch of people who I wouldn't remember/wouldn't remember me nor hear about how many children they've gotten. I am living a pretty good life now with my career and personal life but I feel if you try and brag and shove it in people's faces that means you care. And I completely do not care to brag to anyone. So I didn't go.

Definitely go imho. I went to my 20th last year and it was a big drinking fest. Was pretty fun. I had just gotten divorced and brought a 25-ish year old date (I'm class of '93, she's class of '06). Earned some cool points for that I guess.
tongue.png

Most looked great for being near 40. Although, I guess everyone who gained 200 pounds since HS probably were probably less likely to go ...
frown.png

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I couldn't give a shit less about reuniting with people from high school or getting zooted with them.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Same boat as almost everyone here, didn't go to mine, I was not popular with my class and any friends I made from then I am still in constant contact now. I think there is literally one friend from high school I don't talk to anymore, and its because he got heavy into drugs and shit after high school and got super fucking weird.

That being said, I would probably love to go to any of the three generations below me, as I was super popular with them! haha

The problem with growing up in a small town, you not popular in 1st fucking grade? Guess what, you are stuck with these same exact kids for the next 11 years, so enjoy that.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was one of the only white kids in my high school. I have a feeling the vast majority of my graduating class is dead/in jail (and I Know for a fact that several of my classmates are, in fact). A reunion would be weird.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Same boat as almost everyone here, didn't go to mine, I was not popular with my class and any friends I made from then I am still in constant contact now. I think there is literally one friend from high school I don't talk to anymore, and its because he got heavy into drugs and shit after high school and got super fucking weird.

That being said, I would probably love to go to any of the three generations below me, as I was super popular with them! haha

The problem with growing up in a small town, you not popular in 1st fucking grade? Guess what, you are stuck with these same exact kids for the next 11 years, so enjoy that.
I don't know that I agree with that last part. I grew up in a town of 3500 and when we hit 7th grade it was like a reset button hit and social status began there. We had 3 different grade schools in three small communities all converge into one middle school and you made your way there for two years until you hit high school in 9th grade and it all (partially) reset again. Maybe my school was unique though.

I have a 15 year reunion coming up this summer that I'll try to make it to. I live a few states away so if it coencides with my trip home to see family I'll swing by to it and see how people are doing. I went to our 10 year and it was a pretty decent time.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I went to my 10 yr. Our class had about 200 graduate and I knew about 150 of them since the 4th grade. So I guess there is more of a connection to them than what I've read here. We had a good 50 show for the reunion, none of those are my close friends, and I used it as an excuse to show off my wife, lack of kids (Our graduating class had 20+ knocked up chicks) and fun job. Ended up reconnecting with friends that with to military colleges and are now officers and I don't regret that at all. The guys even crash at our house when they are in country and that has been rarely as of late.

Wife got to meet a few girlfriends. Girl who did the first blowjob, etc. and that shit is always hilarious.

Ego stroking aside, human interaction with people you grew up with can't be a complete evil idea or bad excuse to be social. Some of these people will attend my funeral so I don't mind giving them a few nights a decade.

keypusher_sl

shitlord
I went mainly to gloat. Grew up in typical white suburban town, but me and my friends were into heavy drugs, skipping school, raves (it was the 90's) and video games. Unlike most of my classmates I didn't go to college right after high school, but I did go eventually. In fact, I went to one of the best colleges in the country, majoring in computer science, and now I make good money doing interesting work. Most of the people I met at reunion clearly expected me to be working at a gas station, and it was nice seeing the veiled shock on their face when I told them who I worked for and my job title. Then I went out back with a bunch of old friends and got really fucking high.

Psypher_sl

shitlord
I went mainly to gloat. Grew up in typical white suburban town, but me and my friends were into heavy drugs, skipping school, raves (it was the 90's) and video games. Unlike most of my classmates I didn't go to college right after high school, but I did go eventually. In fact, I went to one of the best colleges in the country, majoring in computer science, and now I make good money doing interesting work. Most of the people I met at reunion clearly expected me to be working at a gas station, and it was nice seeing the veiled shock on their face when I told them who I worked for and my job title. Then I went out back with a bunch of old friends and got really fucking high.
Perfect example of the type of people that go to high school reunions for the wrong reason. Really, grow up and move on. If by the time your high school reunion comes around you still have an urge to gloat/rub it in people's faces if you've done well, you've got some issues you really need to work on. Now if you're divorced like Astral and want to stir up some old flings, by all means go for it!

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Wasn't invited to my ten year, wouldn't have gone if I was.

I've seen a lot of people from my high school days and every time it's a reminder that the people I grew up with were normal. No interesting stories, no amazing successes or hilarious failures.

Now, the people in the class ahead of mine I can tell you some fucking tales, man. And the people in the class after me were a massive train wreck. My class was a bunch of fucking nobody's that didn't do shit.

Except that guy that was falsely accused of rape. Yeah, I wouldn't mind picking his brain about that experience but he's been dead for a few years now.

Would have been great to see the teachers though. Some of them were good people.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I found that even 10 years later a lot of people I went to highschool with hadn't really changed that much anyways (I didn't go to my reunion but run into many of them around town). Maybe eventually when we are old and wrinkly it will be interesting to see where people have ended up, but I pretty much already know what anyone I actually cared about is doing thanks to Facebook.

Apparently like 25 people showed up to my 10 year (graduating class of like 500+ I think) and the class president had a sobbing meltdown on stage because the event was such a disaster.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I went to our 10 year but it wasn't really all that exciting. Never heard of another one, and our 25th would have been last year. I'd go if we had another one because I still live nearby, and I'm single (never married), so I would expect my chances of nailing an ex-cheerleader would be much higher now that they probably have a lower self-esteem. But other than proximity and potential booty, yeah I don't really care if I see most of the people that I haven't seen since high school, because if I cared I kept in touch. I've got several that I barely know who they are as Facebook friends already.

So yeah, unless it is convenient or you want to bask in the attention of divorced/single moms, it is only worth going if there are several people that you really want to see, but haven't been able to meet up with much over the years.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i have a secret hope that when i return to high school reunion 5 years later, my high school crush would've divorced this brazilian dude she married at age 22.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
The thing with hotties from high school from back in the day, it's they are the same age as I am. That was perfectly fine back then but I'm not so hot about the idea of banging someone that old anymore.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am still really good friends with about 15 people from highschool, we visit multiple times a year annual boxing day parties at various parents houses (now mine). Most of us went to university together as well. When our 10 year came up we said "fuck that" we already see the people we care about regularly. Its funny becouse i am the only person who lives in our home town, i moved back 4 years ago becouse, its paradise and i got an amazing job here comparable to big city bucks with a much lower cost of living. So now when people come back to visit thier folks, i get a visit or some of then even stay at my place over there parents. I would go to the 20th (in 2 years ack !) but only becouse i would not have to travel, I doubt my friends would go, but i might just want to show off the hot wife =D

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The thing with hotties from high school from back in the day, it's they are the same age as I am. That was perfectly fine back then but I'm not so hot about the idea of banging someone that old anymore.
wooderson-2-high-school-chicks1.gif