Flash/Browser Games Thread

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider
http://www.dogsoftheseas.com/

I used to play this a lot but have not had time in quite a while. It is a MMO for/of pirates.

rrr_img_11451.jpg

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
This game was a nice distraction. Great way to kill an evening.

It was a little disappointing that for most of the scenarios, the quick and easy way to win was just mass produce fighters (Interceptors/Bombers/Gunships) either with or without a reactor, depending on proximity . I first used it as a way to beat the infector race and just kept using it vs everyone else.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
This game was a nice distraction. Great way to kill an evening.

It was a little disappointing that for most of the scenarios, the quick and easy way to win was just mass produce fighters (Interceptors/Bombers/Gunships) either with or without a reactor, depending on proximity . I first used it as a way to beat the infector race and just kept using it vs everyone else.
Yeah, it has balance issues. That spoiler strategy won't work on Defense missions or the Final mission, or they didn't for me anyway.

Build walls, over and over and over. And yeah, I used a lot of 2x4 or 3x4 bombers spaced out to defeat the skirmishes and duels.

I'm curious to see what they will do next with this game.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
How DO you beat the final mission? If you build any kind of ships, there seems to be a gravity well towards the bottom of the screen and most of them end up floating below your base and are useless. If you just build defensive turrets, you lose when the enemy annihilator thing comes and long range bombs you to hell.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
the fighter zerg works on defense missions, you just might need to throw up a barricade on each direction to distract the enemy fire early on then add a repair turret on each side since they also target ships. but on defense missions, the only downside for me was that eventually i'd have so many ships that the game would slow down. (yes, my computer is crap)

the missions that had the insta-gib ability from opposing race required some barricade spam to block that black void shot when starting right next to them.

final mission - zerg fighters worked on that as well - I didn't even change my armory build since I had no idea what I'd face - I just built interceptors and gunships until threw in a cruiser port (forget name) for the freeze ship, but i lost the cruiser port and a reactor when the annihilator showed up the first time, spammed some barricades to the north then went to startports for the demolisher?. I think I went 2 reactors to start the map, but i don't remember at this point.