Flesh and Blood

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
CF Ironsong Versus around 200$ atm, watchin em

Edit: They at 189, I'd go for em at 150

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Trying to figure out all of my options on who to take to the skirmish, I don't really like any of them.
  • Kano: Good into Warrior, mediocre into Guardian, bad into Dash, bad into Prism
  • Emperor: Mediocre into Warrior, Dash, and Prism, bad into Guardian, auto-lose to Kano
  • Uzuri: Reasonable into Warrior, Dash, and Prism, mediocre into Runeblade, ??? into Kano and Guardian
So far I think Uzuri is my favorite choice, but it feels bad to not really have any free matchups.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I bought what I thought was the dip on all the tight Boltyn cards and the CF Light of Sol

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I ended up taking Uzuri to Skirmish but my 75% winrate on Talishar did not convert into a win at Skirmish. I lost to a Kano because I didn't have the sideboard space for Oasis and I lost to a Rhinar because he got the nuts and made it a total non-game.

Oh well, time to grind CC to get ready for the Vegas Calling.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm in Vegas! PTI event today and Calling tomorrow. Bringing Iyslander of course.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Went 0-3 drop in the PTI event, 5-0 in a commoner side event, and 3-4 drop in the Calling. All with Iyslander.

I just don't practice this game enough to be able to compete at a high level, sadly. It also looks like Iyslander might LL this season. If that happens, I'll need a new hero... and I'll feel a little bummed about having just gotten my cold foil Frostbite this weekend.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Went 0-3 drop in the PTI event, 5-0 in a commoner side event, and 3-4 drop in the Calling. All with Iyslander.

I just don't practice this game enough to be able to compete at a high level, sadly. It also looks like Iyslander might LL this season. If that happens, I'll need a new hero... and I'll feel a little bummed about having just gotten my cold foil Frostbite this weekend.

The game is super immersive and draws out intense competition even in the local scenes.

You basically went to the world series of poker without making your entire life about the game.

You probably got some dank exclusives tho, and I hope you got to pay homage to the great James White.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The game is super immersive and draws out intense competition even in the local scenes.

You basically went to the world series of poker without making your entire life about the game.

You probably got some dank exclusives tho, and I hope you got to pay homage to the great James White.

I don't think the Banneret promos are particularly "dank." Maybe the Levia Redeemed mat will sell. James White wasn't there because NZ had their nats the same weekend but Francesca Volante (director of organized play for NA) was there and we chatted with her a bit, trying to get a ProQuest.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Store event on the 18th

Time to get serious again after paternity stuff

I missed this new set but it looks like a mech one

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
New set is great for draft, definitely the best draft set they ever released.

I'll be playing Iyslander for PQ season again. Her Lexi matchup is not great, but I like her better than Uzuri right now because she somehow gets less hosed by Dromai.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I need to get down to the store again in Feb or so

I'll no doubt be extremely rusty

Dromai, Lexi, Bravo are prob who I'm gonna see lots of

None of em too scary to me tbh

Very interested in the long awaited arcane set which is a ways away I'm sure, so good timing with RL rn

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Guess LSS decided to go full retard. Rudy posted a 45 minute video a week ago, part of which was describing some FaB retailers going to LSS bitching about Rudy selling at less than MAP (only to his patrons). LSS called him up and told him stop that. Rudy told LSS no, and the boxes are barely selling anyway even at reduced price. He stated he'll sell through what he has left, but he doesn't forsee selling more FaB in the immediate future. The video was taken down like 6 hours later.

Come to find out via that the reason it was taken down was because LSS got pissed at what he said, and several LSS employees that were patrons dropped their patron accounts and sent Rudy some fuck you messages. I'm not a Rudy patron but if you are, you can probably post what Rudy directly said here. Also come to find out that George - from the afore mentioned show - was banned some time ago by LSS because apparently he was discussing printing runs or something (?).

I'm not saying this is the deathblow to LSS or anything, but needlessly picking stupid fights with people that actually positively promote your product seems super stupid. As said in above video, it feels like there's no adults at LSS. I kept meaning to get around to trying this game out, but someone pointed out something on Reddit the other day I hadn't thought about. He mentioned a recent set isn't selling well because all the heros it's for are now retired. So what's the point? I don't know how much truth there is to it, but with this Rudy stuff and whatnot, what's the incentive?

(Yes, even though I think Rudy goes full retard now and again, I'm still team Rudy, as one of the few sane voices in this industry)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Part of the contract you have to sign in order to be an official retailer of Flesh & Blood is not to sell below MAP. If you sell below MAP, you are in breach of your contract and can have your supply cut off. Rudy was in breach of contract, LSS asked him to adhere to the contract, and Rudy said no and decided to continue to breach it anyways, then he made a public video talking about how he was going to continue to breach the contract he has with LSS. Who exactly is the child in this scenario?

A lot of big players in the TCG industry have tried to play games with LSS's contracts and LSS has given them a lot of leeway and slack but when you cross their line, they take action. Channel Fireball skated by with some scummy stuff on several of the major tournaments they hosted for LSS but their death blow came when they broke a box early on a livestream. An LSS employee messaged them during the stream and told them they weren't supposed to be breaking the box for that set yet, to which the host on the CFB show told the employee to go fuck himself. To no one's surprise, CFB's hosting and supply contracts were not renewed the following year. I don't know the situation with George, but I assume he broke an NDA and is conveniently leaving that out of the show.

As an official play coordinator for my LGS, I've had the opportunity to meet some of LSS staff in person and communicate with their NA play program staff a few times a year. They're typical laid-back Kiwis and are super easy to work with. Even if you mess up with one of their policies, they'll cut you some slack if you acknowledge the mistake and correct it going forward. But if you intentionally fuck around, you are going to find out.

I kept meaning to get around to trying this game out, but someone pointed out something on Reddit the other day I hadn't thought about. He mentioned a recent set isn't selling well because all the heros it's for are now retired.

The set he's talking about is Tales of Aria, which released on September 4, 2021, over two years ago. The print run for the unlimited edition of this product ended some time before April in 2023, so demand had already been met and whatever's floating around now is just the leftovers. The final hero for that set reached living legend in classic constructed format in November of 2023 (although one is still legal in blitz format), so the set lasted a little over two years, which was slightly longer than the two years a set used to be legal in standard format MtG. Tales of Aria was an extremely pushed set with insane power creep that has been significantly cut down in the sets that came after it. For comparison, there isn't a single other set where all of the heroes who came in it have LL'd (or are even close to it), including the game's first ever set which was printed in August 2019 (three of the heroes released in that set are perfectly competitive, and one of them is getting a ton of support in the upcoming set releasing in a month to help bump up his power level to everyone else's).

FaB has competitive in-person events (unlike MtG), actually respectable prize pools (unlike all Asian card games), and mechanics that consistently favor skill over luck (unlike Lorcana). There are things you can criticize this game about (like sets not being appealing to people who don't play any of the classes that come in the sets), but everything you mentioned is cope and seething from mouthbreathers.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
but everything you mentioned is cope and seething from mouthbreathers.
Well good thing we're fortunate someone so unbiased and outside the influence of the company could provide this valuable insight...