Florida is a shithole

Malice_sl

shitlord
From the article:

Longo asked a judge in 2011 to grant him a restraining order against Tobiassen.

The order was dismissed, and Tobiassen, a crane operator, and Longo, a handyman, became roommates.
Lol?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I lived in Florida for a year. It was indeed a shithole.
No inspections on cars means that it's almost guaranteed to get stuck behind another car that's spewing black smoke. Missing headlights and monster trucks not seeing/caring about you are also common.
A significant amount of roads that aren't main roads aren't paved. Right off from the main road - not talking boonies.
Many of the lesser roads aren't even marked with signs.
Scary amount of bumkins holding guns, ready to use them.
Impossibly easy to get pharmaceuticals - I didn't even need a membership. I walked in and signed a form and in two days had pills. Convenient, but highly abused. Seemed like 70% of the below 40 whites were hooked on painkillers (high petty theft rates and sucky coworker team participation)

humidity and heat and bugs and all of that are annoying - but such are natural environmental things and not worthy of griping about.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
I lived in Florida for a year. It was indeed a shithole.
No inspections on cars means that it's almost guaranteed to get stuck behind another car that's spewing black smoke. Missing headlights and monster trucks not seeing/caring about you are also common.
A significant amount of roads that aren't main roads aren't paved. Right off from the main road - not talking boonies.
Many of the lesser roads aren't even marked with signs.
Scary amount of bumkins holding guns, ready to use them.
Impossibly easy to get pharmaceuticals - I didn't even need a membership. I walked in and signed a form and in two days had pills. Convenient, but highly abused. Seemed like 70% of the below 40 whites were hooked on painkillers (high petty theft rates and sucky coworker team participation)

humidity and heat and bugs and all of that are annoying - but such are natural environmental things and not worthy of griping about.
Get out of the trailer park buddy.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Get out of the trailer park buddy.
Haha. This. Where did you live?

I've lived here almost all my life and the only thing I can even remotely relate to there is the humidity and bugs part. I guess if you're a pill-popper, living in the ghetto, anywhere would feel like a shithole.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, like...what?

I'm not in love with Florida, but that description doesn't fit the Florida I live in. I don't visit the "southern" areas up in the north though.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Southern Florida is a shithole completely. So many "friends" from venezuela live in Doral/Weston (Miami area) and Miami proper is terrible, I've gone there at least once a year since I was a kid (and in fact was almost born in miami, my mother had contractions at the airport before boarding a plane to fucking venezuela... I could've been an anchor baby/american by birth) and Miami is a total shitfest, the worst of all latin america moves to miami.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You probably wish you were American. Florida might suck, but being American is pretty f'ing awesome.

My grandparents live right around Lake Okeechobee. It's a shithole. But I like visiting for the wildlife experiences. Air boats are badass.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Florida Man!

So there's that. I'm starting to think it might be true what they say about there being a /r/ for pretty much everything.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not one mention of the Space Coast region is sad. It's honestly reminiscent of rural MD, with better value, good schools (no joke, look it up especially for engineering), better weather, low hurricane risk, etc.

I'll be living on a canal (hopefully with a boat if I can get over seasickness) paying just slightly more than the taxes alone were on this house I'm selling. And not even a size downgrade if you count the ridiculously huge screened porch.

Florida rocks, you just have to be selective. (do note Mims and Titusville in the Space Coast area probably do have a few "Florida man" things I bet though - they're awful - Merritt Island, Melbourne, indiatlantic, Viera, etc though all wonderful and surprisingly varied)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They have a segment on a local radio station called "Florida, not like the rest of us." Always humorous and depressing.

Last time I was there a homeless man with an open headwound (taking up 25% of the top of his skull) asked me if I could spare money for a hospital trip. I was over $500 in my wallet so I told him no - didn't want to open it in front of him. Felt like I might get killed..

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
You probably wish you were American. Florida might suck, but being American is pretty f'ing awesome.

My grandparents live right around Lake Okeechobee. It's a shithole. But I like visiting for the wildlife experiences. Air boats are badass.
Well, 2 more years and I'll be!
smile.png

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Florida is awesome...if you're south of West Palm Beach. I love it here. Then again, my endorsement might be a bad thing.

Grim_sl

shitlord
Florida is awesome...if you're south of West Palm Beach. I love it here. Then again, my endorsement might be a bad thing.
You must love gridlocked stop n go shit. I can't stand it. As a motor enthusiast south florida blows. I much prefer orlando or even the more redneck areas. It's too fucking crowded here with boring as shit roads.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Florida is the autistic sex offender cousin to California.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Southern Florida is a shithole completely. So many "friends" from venezuela live in Doral/Weston (Miami area) and Miami proper is terrible, I've gone there at least once a year since I was a kid (and in fact was almost born in miami, my mother had contractions at the airport before boarding a plane to fucking venezuela... I could've been an anchor baby/american by birth) and Miami is a total shitfest, the worst of all latin america moves to miami.
like Venezuelans.

Nothing like jaded Venezuelans who all they can do is complaint here.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
You must love gridlocked stop n go shit. I can't stand it. As a motor enthusiast south florida blows. I much prefer orlando or even the more redneck areas. It's too fucking crowded here with boring as shit roads.
Traffic can suck, but it doesn't suck as bad as rednecks. I would much rather deal with traffic than white trash. It's hard to beat the low taxes, sun, beaches, hot women and awesome winters of south Florida. The further north you go, the more redneck it gets. I'll pass. The only other place I've been to, that I would consider moving to, is San Diego. I love it there. Too expensive though.

Siliconemelons

Not one mention of the Space Coast region is sad. It's honestly reminiscent of rural MD, with better value, good schools (no joke, look it up especially for engineering), better weather, low hurricane risk, etc.

I'll be living on a canal (hopefully with a boat if I can get over seasickness) paying just slightly more than the taxes alone were on this house I'm selling. And not even a size downgrade if you count the ridiculously huge screened porch.

Florida rocks, you just have to be selective. (do note Mims and Titusville in the Space Coast area probably do have a few "Florida man" things I bet though - they're awful - Merritt Island, Melbourne, indiatlantic, Viera, etc though all wonderful and surprisingly varied)
Orlando's urban sprawl is almost there, and if Jacksonville wakes up anytime soon and starts to grow yeall just meet in the middle to become Orandoville or something... I drew a map on the FoH forums describing the layout of Florida... from that description above of pill poppers etc, they most likely where in the center-center or central north of Florida.