Flu Outbreak

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I get the flu shot at work, they offer it free every year so I just get it. It never hurt me and I never got the flu so whatever. M family gets them as well since it nicely times with their yearly checkups.

Id rather be safe than be a victim. Even if its feeling like shit for a week.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had to take the woman to the hospital last week for a procedure to fix an ulcer. (In before I caused it) Hospital looked like it was geared up for Ebola. As you walk in it's all plastic tented up. All people with flu went right, all others left. The right side waiting area which I could see through the plastic looked like a scene out of Tarantino's Planet Terror.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
No flu shot for me again this year. Been feeling fine. I'm not a vaccine crazy conspiracy guy - I have no problem with them... except the flu. I've taken it two times in my entire life, and I've had the flu two times in my life - both after I was vaccinated. That's good enough for me to not touch that thing.

niss_sl

shitlord
No flu shot for me again this year. Been feeling fine. I'm not a vaccine crazy conspiracy guy - I have no problem with them... except the flu. I've taken it two times in my entire life, and I've had the flu two times in my life - both after I was vaccinated. That's good enough for me to not touch that thing.
So you're not a conspiracy guy, but coincidentally catching the flu after 2 flu vaccines has prompted you to never get the flu shot again.

You breathe through your mouth and drool, right?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You know a common side effect of the vaccine is a milder case of the flu, right?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I got a flu shot back in November and I'm sick with the flu right now. It's a pretty mild strain though so not a big deal.

slitevik_sl

shitlord
Reminds me of:

rrr_img_12418.jpg

rrr_img_12418.jpg

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got it, but I work in a school. Had to get it eventually, fuckers.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The worst was back in like 2001, I forget, but this thing called the roto-virus was going around. I just got a new job that week and came down with it. Man, an entire week of shits and vomiting, it was truly grueling. The problem was that I could not take of work so it made it double worse. Thank god I was the only one in an entire office since I was starting the program by myself, and had a bathroom right next door.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The worst was back in like 2001, I forget, but this thing called the roto-virus was going around. I just got a new job that week and came down with it. Man, an entire week of shits and vomiting, it was truly grueling. The problem was that I could not take of work so it made it double worse. Thank god I was the only one in an entire office since I was starting the program by myself, and had a bathroom right next door.
It's been going around this year as well. I woke up at 3am with some serious discomfort. Ran to the bathroom after about 15 minutes of trying to ignore it and hoping it'd go away. It didn't. Only had the one mad dash, felt like ass and didn't eat much for a couple days, but was pretty much good by Saturday.

Also, from what I understand roto is completely unrelated to the flu.

Darro_sl

shitlord
I never gotten the flu shot because I have heard of many people getting more for like a day after taking it. I havent got then flu yet, I hope I dont.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
All my wifes clients who got the flu shot got the flu. The ones who didn't did not get sick.. I have never taken the flu shot and am laughing at all these idiots on my FB crying because they got the shot and then got sick.

You know a common side effect of the vaccine is a milder case of the flu, right?
See what Aychamo said. You dont get the flu from the flu vaccine. These are your options:

1. Symptoms such as low grade fever, inflammation etc related to a stimulated immune response (ie the flu shot working).
2. Flu like symptoms as a result of psychosommatic (ie self inflicted/imagined) tendencies
3. You were already sick and you got the shot during incubation. Or you get sick in the two weeks after receiving the shot that it takes for your body to create the requisite levels of Tcells to make sufficient immunity.
4. No reaction.
5. Allergic reaction related to vaccine components (ie if you have for example an extreme allergy to eggs).
6. Encephalopathy in EXTREMELY rare cases which could never, under any circumstances, be mistaken for the flu. Which is currently understood to be the result of genetic predisposition whether mitochondrial or chromosomal mutation related.

There aren't any other options. You do not. Get. The Flu. From the Flu Shot.

Viruses need their genetic material to be virulent (infectious) and ergo reproduce themselves in your body. The flu vaccine contains only protein coats of viruses so that your body can form the appropriate killer T cells to recognize and destroy the infection before your system is temporarily overwhemed (I won't go into the mechanics of receptors/binding sites). The flu vaccine does not contain live viruses containing both of the things that make a virus - protein coat plus DNA/RNA. The flu vaccine contains no DNA/RNA. Without DNA/RNA it is literally physically impossible to become infected with the flu.

End. Of. Story. Please. Stop. With. The. Bad. Information. Its. Annoying.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
End. Of. Story. Please. Stop. With. The. Bad. Information. Its. Annoying.
Amen. The thing that kills me about the internet is that you can literally find out any piece of information that you need. It's fascinating. But for every piece of good information there is a piece of bad information that obfuscates it. I can search for any one disease and find 10 websites selling me something completely fake to cure it. "But I read on the internet..."
smile.png

Amen. The thing that kills me about the internet is that you can literally find out any piece of information that you need. It's fascinating. But for every piece of good information there is a piece of bad information that obfuscates it. I can search for any one disease and find 10 websites selling me something completely fake to cure it. "But I read on the internet..."
smile.png
I'm seriously considering going to a pediatrician who only will see kids who are vaccinated (or who cannot be vaccinated for legit medical reasons eg preemies, compromised immune systems etc).

Here's my thing - if you're a parent bitching because your ped is kicking you out for not vaccinating your kids you are the most refucktarded person in the universe. If you don't trust your doctor enough to take his EXPERT advice then why do you need a doctor in the first place? Youre just taking up appointment time that could be spent on another person who actually I dunno LISTENS to their doctor. If you don't want to vaccinate your kids, then don't bitch that they aren't allowed at said doctors office. Because you've already made the decision that you and Jenny McCarthy know more than the dude with medical training.

I should add that the MMR shot does actually make me a little nervous for obvious reasons but I understand the reasons for getting it anyways. Its the only one though.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What happened to that girl that could only walk backwards? That shit was HYSTERICAL.