Flu Outbreak

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
What's even more stupid is that it's fucking horrible. Every female in my wife's family has it. She literally shakes the bed some nights and has no control over it at all. Mirapex helps sometimes.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My wife has it too, when she was pregnant it got really bad, mostly when sleeping. Some nights it looked like she was trying to run in place while asleep, it was nuts.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got the flu shot this year, but only because work had a doctor come in and do them for free, most years I don't bother. I have only had the flu once when I was in my early twenties.

Most of my illnesses are due to a certain group of people that consider themselves heroes for coming in to work with contagious illnesses. The people who come in coughing and loudly blowing their noses, loudly telling people who haven't asked how "They should have stayed at home, but they're totally swamped and need to get things done." Selfish arsehole people that then infect everyone around them with their illness. I hate those people with every fibre of my being.

Maebe_sl

shitlord
I can assure you I am at least as dumb as I look.
wink.png

Thanks for reading my post fully and not misunderstanding.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Restless leg syndrome.

I mean, WTF.
i use to laugh about it, but then i went on like a 3 week bender last summer and while i was going through alcohol withdrawal i had some symptoms of restless leg syndrome. it was fucking annoying.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have the flu and I'm dieing.
Can I have your stuff?

Gf has had it 10 days now, really kicked her ass. Aunt stopped by to drop her some soup off after I warned her not to on Monday. Got the call today...She's got it. Still just fine here.... noobs

Also, soup was good.

VP I support was like "I think I'm coming down with what (PM I threw out of my office last week) had"

I said "oh the flu? You got the flu shot...oh right one of the strains isn't in the shot."

Him "No there's a virus or something going around."

Me "Yes. Its called the fucking flu jackass."

Him (in an annoyed tone) "The flu is bacterial Sarah."

Me "I will bet you a thousand dollars that the flu is a virus."

Him *google*

Me "I'm sorry didn't you say you have a grad degree in pharmacology? Weren't you just doing a CE yesterday for that shit?"

Him "You were right. Now get the fuck out of my office."

Me "If you're getting sick, go home and don't come in tomorrow. If you get me sick I will cut you."

/facepalm

Blide_sl

shitlord
Where I work it's strep that's going around, not the flu. Getting pretty annoying that people keep coming in with sore throats at this point since it's likely strep.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You can get the flue from the cook sneezing on your food, or someone forwarding their virus infected mucus to the door knob on your way. Seriously, if you're so scared of the flu, then work from home or go on maternity leave
biggrin.png

You can get the flue from the cook sneezing on your food, or someone forwarding their virus infected mucus to the door knob on your way. Seriously, if you're so scared of the flu, then work from home or go on maternity leave
biggrin.png
/rolls eyes

I'm not paranoid about getting the flu. Read first part of the thread. Its annoyance about people coming into work sick when they can work from home. Its pants on head retarded.

The choices aren't wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee no one worry about anything or lock yourself in the closet. Practice reasonable mitigation strategies. Isn't that fucking hard to figure out.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
C: Neither. The pregnancy is an aside/something that people will respect more/a handy excuse but I've always had this opinion. Thanks for the dx though - gl on that internet psych degree.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
C: Neither. The pregnancy is an aside/something that people will respect more/a handy excuse but I've always had this opinion. Thanks for the dx though - gl on that internet psych degree.
I've no doubt your HPA is working overtime as intended, hahaha. Go home, be pregnant and happy :)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I get annoyed at this "don't come to work sick" argument because nobody ever calls in sick for more than 1-2 days even though it's already been explained that they are contagious from before they have symptoms until they get over it. Do you really think that taking a day or two out of your two weeks of contagiousness makes much difference in the chances that your coworkers will catch your cold? I get staying home because you're too sick to do your job, but the whole saving your coworkers thing is nonsense unless you literally took off the whole time you were sick, which would definitely get you fired from any job.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I want a job where I can call my boss " a fucking jackass" then then threaten to cut them up and still be employed.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I can call my boss a fucking jackass and be fine in context, we talk shit a lot. Threats wouldn't fly though.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I get annoyed at this "don't come to work sick" argument
Confirmed advocate of presenteeism. Seriously though, what you say is partially true. However, it's less the coughing and spluttering that winds me up, but more the "Look at me! I could be at home sick, but I'm so devoted I came in anyway *sniffle sniffle*" nonsense. Coming into work while ill doesn't make you a martyr, it makes you a selfish ass who wants to boast at the end of the year "Look at me! I took no sick days this year."